Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Your'e a nerd! You're such a computer geek!

Page: 1 of 2
 Joetheeskimo
02-25-2004, 9:16 PM
A couple days ago, my older brother (not much older, only 17) called me a computer geek when I got on the comptuter after doing my homework. "Joe, you're such a nerd, you always get straight onto the computer once you get home."
so I answered, "It's not like my grades go down because of it."
"Grades aren't everything."
"Well, my social life isn't affected either. At least I have friends unlike you. Geez man, you're always on the computer when I get home!" (Which is true.)

So of course, it turns into an argument. Eventually he shut up, but I still have the ocassional "geek" comment, and it comes from my brother or even my dad. My sister and mom support me, mostly because my sister doesn't care and my mom works for a computer software company and likes how I'm learning web design and programming. But it annoys the hell outta me. I'm not always wasting my time on the comp - I'm learning what could be career skills. and I excell in typing at school, all my friends are like, "Damn Joe, how do you type like that?!" I don't want to sound insecure about it, but my brother also called everyone at LF geeks. I said, "You ass, they're mostly 17-20 year olds, and they have lives other than the computer. They're cool." And he says "No, they're probably all immature 10-year-olds!"

He pisses me off soo much. I can't wait until he leaves the house for college and gets out of my life.
Have any of you had this experience? Anyone calling you a geek?

btw, most "geeks" don't have friends and a girlfriend as well. And none of my friends bother me about it - they think it's cool, some of them want me to teach them programming.
 Darth Rythe
02-25-2004, 9:26 PM
My brother did the same so I hit him and he shut up:D
 jebbers
02-25-2004, 9:27 PM
"You ass, they're mostly 17-20 year olds, and they have lives other than the computer. They're cool."

you mean theres more in this world besides computers?? o yea i got good grades and i can type pretty good...my friends area amazed on how i hardly use the mouse....i dont get teased much from my folks or siblings seeing how as my folks are at work and im the youngest and i have no siblings here....so they dont rag on me as much as they used to.......but before they did and i know what you are feeling....

o yes and i have a girl and friends.....and im way totally COOL!!!! :shads3: :comp9: :shads3:
 hgwall44
02-25-2004, 9:33 PM
well some of us are geeks, but remember this its us geeks who made that million dollars and have our own company.

Just ask your brother what his life is like, is his grades slipping, is he good at anything, or is he the next im goin to a community college to play football kind of guy. ( that comment came from the seniors of my school who are all a bunch of retards lol).
Also i play sports, do good in school, and take the time to learn about how fun games are and how there designed sometimes.
Well i will tell you my dad tells me not to get on computer much, but hes doing it for my health i think lol.

You just got to handle it and look into your future and stay deticated lol.
 Darth Rythe
02-25-2004, 9:42 PM
Your just jelous you don't have other people to talk to.
That is all I have to say to your brother.
 Joetheeskimo
02-25-2004, 9:58 PM
Yeah, he has the lowest grades in the family and only talks to friends over AIM...
 ET Warrior
02-25-2004, 10:40 PM
Bah, I'm a self proclaimed nerd. If anyone calls me a nerd I just shrug my shoulders and go yeah....I know.

I've got my friends, I've had plenty of girls, and so I don't need the approval of everyone for my habbits.
 Acrylic
02-25-2004, 10:53 PM
All my friends know I use the computer, know web design, like different type of music (like classical) along with rock, and know big words. But Im friends with some of the most popular kids in my grade.
 ZBomber
02-25-2004, 10:55 PM
Whats wrong with being a geek? I'm proud of the fact that I'm a geek and won't get laid until I'm 40!

*runs with LF flag behind him*

My sister doesn't call me a geek.......

EDIT - Acrylic, share with us your "big words" :D
 rick ulo 11103
02-25-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
" And he says "No, they're probably all immature 10-year-olds!"

hey i am an imature ten year old well maybe 11 year old but you all love me cuz im cool :p

hehe

:D :D :D
 ET Warrior
02-25-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by rick ulo 11103
hey i am an imature ten year old well maybe 11 year old but you all love me cuz im cool :p

Yeah........cool........that's it...........

<_<

>_>

I kid, I kid
 MennoniteHobbit
02-25-2004, 11:10 PM
Yeah joe, I know what you mean... though I only have a younger brother and sister... I have been called a "nerd" and "a geek" countless time by my peers... they get over their own stupidity.

I get on the computer most of the time. I research, I learn, etc. Right now, for instance, I'm studying for the Indiana Academic Super Bowl on the web. Not that bad. I get straight A's, had my name in the newspaper twice this year, maybe more, invited to take the SAT early, so the bottom line is being a "nerd" "computer geek" or just plain "geek" doesn't really matter. It does NOT affect your intelligence, or anything else. It's just the internet, folks.

Sometimes, being a nerd is cool... in its own instances...
 toenail1
02-25-2004, 11:16 PM
being a "geek" doesnt mean you dont have friends or get girls

im a geek, i go to LAN parties, but i also have friends and about half of my friends are "preps" who def. arent geeks like me, i also get girls (theres one in particular that i see in the summer that i get a little more than others ;) )
 Lil Killa
02-25-2004, 11:23 PM
I can totaly relate to this... my mom and dad bug me all the time but I'm learning things every day that I could use to get a good job... they seem to think I'm playing games all the time. (which isn't try although I play alot of bf1942 on the weekends)
 Astrotoy7
02-25-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Bah, I'm a self proclaimed nerd. If anyone calls me a nerd I just shrug my shoulders and go yeah....I know.

I've got my friends, I've had plenty of girls, and so I don't need the approval of everyone for my habits.

yeah, who care what others think ! Pharque Em !

it's human nature to label or categorise another person, its just that 'computer' doesnt fit with 'tough guy' or 'stud' so, anyone that enjoys gaming or computers is pretty much automatically dubbed a geek by anoyone who's not into those things....

as long as you are happy what you're doing, have plenty o' women like ET and Barry White, then life will be sweet :p

MTFBWYA
 obi
02-25-2004, 11:40 PM
Tell your brother to come here once. Just once. When he's addicted as the rest of us are (which will not take long), go ahead and call him a nerd. Oh, what fun it will be!
 ET Warrior
02-25-2004, 11:41 PM
Not too many women, they just get in the way of gaming :p
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
02-26-2004, 12:38 AM
Well Joe it sounds like your bro is a lot like my sister was back in the day. She was on just as much me doing god knows what, and never really did anything outside of the house. But as for me I was involved with sports and stuff even with my computer time. I mean really, why do people call you a geek, You do what makes you happy....Its my form of entertainment inside of the house. Except my parents weren't in to computers, and always called them "idiot boxes"...I just had this to say everytime, "It's my form of entertainment so just mind your own business". Which kinda seems to be your brothers problem Joe. Just tell him he needs a hobby to stay outa your life. Sorry I get really mad when people say that to me.

But lucky for me I'm an adult now and have a respect that I either get, or that person gets somthing not so nice from me ;).

I'M WITH YA JOE!

FIGHT THE MACHINE!!!!!

Stewie inside my head:"how do you know about the machine?!"

>.> <.<

Sorry I whatch my Family Guy dvd's WAY WAY too much

ok last thing I'm gonna write I promise :). Would/Could anyone host my sig for me, because my site that I uploaded it to doesn't seem to work (geocities :rolleyes: ). It would be greatly appriciated. AIM: MyPruneJuice
 Rogue15
02-26-2004, 1:10 AM
try calling him something worse. in public.
 Acrylic
02-26-2004, 1:16 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
EDIT - Acrylic, share with us your "big words" :D

Umm...Well, they're bigger words than they know.

Like:
Illegitimate
Unconservative
Monoscopicnucleosis
Hydrogenated beef
etc..etc...
 Mike Windu
02-26-2004, 1:37 AM
Killa, YOU ARE always on ze computer...

As for me, I don't consider myself a nerd, nor am I called that... I'm very athletic :). I get good grades, I got girls... yeah... its the good life...

Rogue15: That's a good idea... just when your brother is with somebody say HEY HOWS THAT RASH OF YOURS!?~
 Tyrion
02-26-2004, 2:36 AM
Well, have solace in the fact that you will be prepared for when you have to move out, unlike your brother who will probably work at McDonalds. :p
 STTCT
02-26-2004, 5:45 AM
Well some of us are working while we post on the web...its not like we don't have outside lives.

Your brother is just doing it to piss you off. I wouldn't take it personally. Everyone uses a computer these days :)
 ExcelsioN
02-26-2004, 6:23 AM
Meh...I wouldn't class myself as a geek. At my school sports day last year, I won a cup...beating all the 'athletic' people who go round boasting and calling people like me a 'geek'.

I have plenty of friends and know girls...so go to your bro and say STFU.
 Astrotoy7
02-26-2004, 7:35 AM
*I in no way condone this behaviour* but I did have a giggle when my nephew(13) was so fed up being teased by his older brother(15) that he got on the net and printed out 100's of photos of muscular attractive guys, some semi naked, some.....you get the picture... he stashed them messily under his brother's mattress.....

...then one day when his brother wasnt home he deliberately spilt alot of coke his brothers bed.... he called his mum, who rushed in and immediately went to change the bed sheets..

...of course she eventually noticed the badly hidden pictures, she was shocked and started crying. when her son got home she went and hugged him and told him "she supports him whichever way he chooses to live his life....." his dad, found out later and gave him the "i dont understand it, but OK, you are gay, I am not angry" speech.....

the 15 nephew, needless to say, thought everyone had gone nuts, and really couldnt convince his parents at least for the next 6 weeks that he wasn't gay.....

..when I found out the truth of what had hapenned I thought that it was very ingenious of the younger nephew.....

revenge is a dish best served cold

MTFBWYA
 Crow_Nest
02-26-2004, 8:35 AM
Nopes, its a good thing i only have a younger sister that doesnt know anything. :D
 Astrotoy7
02-26-2004, 8:55 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
Nopes, its a good thing i only have a younger sister that doesnt know anything. :D

are you tryin to tell us somethin' Crow, ...like you prefer the company of other male crows..... :p

MTFBWYA
 Sivy
02-26-2004, 8:58 AM
Originally posted by STTCT
Well some of us are working while we post on the web...its not like we don't have outside lives.

yeah, being an IT technician is like being a fireman, when there isn't any fires to put out there is isn't much to do, so its either this or solitaire :D
 STTCT
02-26-2004, 9:05 AM
Solitare... :p

Its all about the Freecell babey.
 Sivy
02-26-2004, 9:28 AM
nah, freecell is too easy.
at least with solitaire you can set it to draw 3 and vegas to make it more differcult :D
 IG-64
02-26-2004, 9:40 AM
Nerd? Geek? I do not know these terms. :p

Speaking of terms, in case you didn't know, never call anyone a dork. I hear dork on TV and other various places, like this cerial box I have says "I'm feeling like a total dork".

They should watch what they say:
n. Vulgar Slang. The penis.
Nowadays, though, they have made a new meaning:

n. Slang. A stupid, inept, or foolish person.

So *shrugs*
 ZBomber
02-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Anyone wanna play with me? I'm a gigantic dork......

Hydrogenated beef

Your friends don't know what hydrogenrated beef is? :eek: What do they eat, real beef? :eek:

:D
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
02-26-2004, 2:13 PM
Originally posted by Siv
yeah, being an IT technician is like being a fireman, when there isn't any fires to put out there is isn't much to do, so its either this or solitaire :D

Yeah thats what I'm worried about when I become a fireman...shear bordom :(. Maybe when I finally get there, I can be the Fireman of LF, god damn I would miss this place if I was to ever leave.
 DarkLord60
02-26-2004, 2:16 PM
luckly my bro taught me everything about PC's so no problems here.
 Herminator
02-26-2004, 3:55 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
*I in no way condone this behaviour* but I did have a giggle when my nephew(13) was so fed up being teased by his older brother(15) that he got on the net and printed out 100's of photos of muscular attractive guys, some semi naked, some.....you get the picture... he stashed them messily under his brother's mattress.....

...then one day when his brother wasnt home he deliberately spilt alot of coke his brothers bed.... he called his mum, who rushed in and immediately went to change the bed sheets..

...of course she eventually noticed the badly hidden pictures, she was shocked and started crying. when her son got home she went and hugged him and told him "she supports him whichever way he chooses to live his life....." his dad, found out later and gave him the "i dont understand it, but OK, you are gay, I am not angry" speech.....

the 15 nephew, needless to say, thought everyone had gone nuts, and really couldnt convince his parents at least for the next 6 weeks that he wasn't gay.....

..when I found out the truth of what had hapenned I thought that it was very ingenious of the younger nephew.....

MTFBWYA

:rofl: GENIOUS!!!!!

Joe, You should have something to learn here ^;) ;)
 rick ulo 11103
02-26-2004, 9:30 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic

Like:
Illegitimate
Unconservative
Monoscopicnucleosis
Hydrogenated beef
etc..etc...

my big word are:

the
a
him
horse
ten
big
food
lalaland

:rolleyes:
 Captain Wilson
02-26-2004, 9:58 PM
Another one is if hes bring a girl home pour luke warm water with a hint of yellow food dye in and pour it on his bed.

Or burn him alive.

Anyway just say your always on the pc cause there nothing to do in this ***** house with such ***** company. Say "if im not out. im on the pc cause your such a a-hole i carnt be bothered wasting my breath on such a pile of genatic s**t"
Works for me, damn family.
 hgwall44
02-26-2004, 9:58 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7

MTFBWYA
Wow thats funny stuff.
Maybe you could do something simalar to that, except put it in his locker at school or something or stash it in his bag lol
 Joetheeskimo
02-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Hehe. Thanks for all the support, but I don't think I'll need revenge. lol, that story about the "dirty pictures" is so funny...lol, i should try that :D
 Anthony
02-27-2004, 1:12 AM
Originally posted by Acrylic

Like:
Illegitimate
Unconservative
Monoscopicnucleosis
Hydrogenated beef
etc..etc...

You forgot Antidisestablishmentarianismist.

<_<

>_>

*runs*
 IG-64
02-27-2004, 1:38 AM
how about somotonoptinarinsoplatonicareblakimartonitibosojuponasadhitomoutsadojumisdamotulekiminodosogoholokoyorowobo

ok I made that up... But still...
 Tyrion
02-27-2004, 3:23 AM
Originally posted by IG-64
how about somotonoptinarinsoplatonicareblakimartonitibosojuponasadhitomoutsadojumisdamotulekiminodosogoholokoyorowobo

How about..

Stfu!

Joking of course. :p
 Astrotoy7
02-27-2004, 5:46 AM
The longest word in the world in actually in Turkish.(it is usually in the guiness book of records or at the start of thick dictionaries!)

I will try to remember it(I am of Turkish heritage), if not I'll look it up.....

watch this space.....eventually

MTFBWYA
 Astrotoy7
02-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Ok, I think a differentiation needs to be made between common language words and scientific terms..... this is as :

*Longest word in the English language that has ever appeared in print has 1,909 letters and is the name of an enzyme. The full name of DNA has 207,000 letters but has never been printed....

*More long words(chiefly) scientific.... if you have a morbid fascination.... Clickage (http://members.aol.com/gulfhigh2/words11.html)

*Finally, the Turkish word I mentioned is still cited form many sources as the longest common language word :
Đ—EKOSLOVAKYALILASTIRAMADIKLARIMIZDANMISINIZ ( 43 letters, 18 syllables) ... its English translation is really a sentence, something to do with Czechoslovakians !

*sheesh* I think we all should get back to the topic ! Computer Nerds !

MTFBWYA
 Joetheeskimo
02-27-2004, 8:57 PM
Well, I think everyone has stated their opinion...
 DarkLord60
02-27-2004, 9:45 PM
Originally posted by IG-64

Ok can we not do that!
 IG-64
02-28-2004, 5:11 AM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
Ok can we not do that!

Touchy...

Did I miss something?
 Scouttrooper
02-28-2004, 8:05 AM
:D I know what you 'r talking about, sometimes there run some little kiddo's on the street here that are yelling the same to me.

You know what I really hate,... why do most people "place" others in groups/classes??? you know, geek, goths, breezagirls (or whatever you guys call it.. ) ,studs and tons of others. It just doesnt make sense to me. example, like all the "geeks" are the same??
they all have different characters. But anyway those people who place people in groups really have to be stupid, because they cant separate all characters and the differences between them I guess...

so my advice is to kill them immediately !!
 Acrylic
02-28-2004, 2:11 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
Ok can we not do that!

Why do you care? Its not like he's killing you. God man, calm down.
 ET Warrior
02-28-2004, 5:59 PM
Originally posted by Scouttrooper
breezagirls
What the crap is a breezagirl? A prostitute?
Page: 1 of 2