Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cultistcommando NPC

Page: 1 of 1
 jojobob
02-23-2004, 12:43 AM
has anyone here ever spawned a cultistcommando NPC? he looks like one of those cultists without a lightsaber who uses force only, and this one holds 2 blaster pistols! he uses them both and raises both arms so there's apparently an animation for it (although he shows no sign of kickback when he shoots so i could be wrong), and that's about it. but i tried playermodel cultistcommando and it makes me look like him but without 2 pistols.
a while back i made a pistol mod to make the pistol shoot red lasers and increase the rate of fire. because he's using both pistols, he shoots even faster and i want to know if anybody has found a way to give one dual pistols :D
 Tinny
02-23-2004, 1:00 AM
the only way i found to use the dual pistols is kinda a dumb way without having crosshairs :/. what you do is set mindtrick to level 4 via cheats then spawn the commando and then mindtrick him.
 jojobob
02-23-2004, 1:32 AM
yeah i tried that, it's no fun
 Michael Plant
02-23-2004, 11:06 AM
Maybe you could use the NPC making tool and extract the cultist commando npc file. Open it up and see if it looks "different".
 shukrallah
02-23-2004, 11:05 PM
I think the guns are part of the model. Actually, i think in the demo i got the 2 guns... but that was with mindtrick... i think.
 TK-8252
02-24-2004, 12:17 AM
The dual pistols are not part of the model. The dual pistols are activated when an NPC's class is set to "COMMANDO". In a mod of mine, I replaced the Cultist that uses the standard E-11 Blaster Rifle with one using dual pistols. This way, the Cultist Commando would be on the Vjun3 map. Here's what the NPC file looks like:

cultist
{
playerModel cultist
weapon WP_BLASTER_PISTOL
FP_LEVITATION 2
rank ltcomm
reactions 5
aim 5
move 5
aggression 5
evasion 4
intelligence 5
hfov 160
vfov 160
playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
class CLASS_COMMANDO
class CLASS_REBORN
snd cultist3
sndcombat cultist3
sndextra cultist3
yawSpeed 140
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
health 250
dismemberProbHead 100
dismemberProbArms 100
dismemberProbLegs 100
dismemberProbHands 100
dismemberProbWaist 100
}
 Tinny
02-24-2004, 2:31 AM
does anyone know whats wrong with the npc i tried to make?

uberkyle
{
fullName "uberkyle"
playerModel kyle
weapon WP_BLASTER_PISTOL
FP_LEVITATION 3
FP_PULL 3
FP_PUSH 3
FP_SEE 3
FP_SPEED 3
FP_ABSORB 3
FP_HEAL 3
FP_PROTECT 3
FP_TELEPATHY 3
FP_GRIP 3
FP_LIGHTNING 3
FP_DRAIN 1
forcePowerMax 200
rank captain
aggression 5
aim 5
evasion 5
intelligence 5
move 5
reactions 5
playerTeam TEAM_PLAYER
enemyTeam TEAM_ENEMY
class CLASS_COMMANDO
health 800
hfov 160
vfov 160
yawSpeed 140
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
snd cultist3
sndcombat cultist3
sndextra cultist3
sndjedi kyle_boss
dismemberProbArms 10
dismemberProbHands 20
}

he won't do jack, just uses one pistol and is almost as dumb as a tk or a rebel just with slightly better aim and a lot higher health
 TK-8252
02-24-2004, 7:57 PM
He needs two classes, CLASS_COMMANDO and CLASS_REBORN.
 Tinny
02-24-2004, 11:44 PM
he acts better but he still won't use 2 pistols :(

uberkyle
{
fullName "uberkyle"
playerModel kyle
weapon WP_BLASTER_PISTOL
FP_LEVITATION 3
FP_PULL 3
FP_PUSH 3
FP_SEE 3
FP_SPEED 3
FP_ABSORB 3
FP_HEAL 3
FP_PROTECT 3
FP_TELEPATHY 3
FP_GRIP 3
FP_LIGHTNING 2
FP_DRAIN 1
forcePowerMax 200
rank captain
aggression 5
aim 5
evasion 5
intelligence 5
move 5
reactions 5
playerTeam TEAM_PLAYER
enemyTeam TEAM_ENEMY
class CLASS_COMMANDO
class CLASS_REBORN
health 800
hfov 160
vfov 160
yawSpeed 140
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
snd cultist3
sndcombat cultist3
sndextra cultist3
dismemberProbArms 10
dismemberProbHands 20
}
 shukrallah
02-25-2004, 12:10 AM
The dual pistols are not part of the model. The dual pistols are activated when an NPC's class is set to "COMMANDO". In a mod of mine, I replaced the Cultist that uses the standard E-11 Blaster Rifle with one using dual pistols. This way, the Cultist Commando would be on the Vjun3 map. Here's what the NPC file looks like:

strange, those guys had one gun, and jumped around shooting.. things like that... unless it was on jedi master... i know.. i know.. i should play it on that...
 WhiteShdw
02-25-2004, 12:01 PM
You can get an NPC to use double pistols by setting the class to "Class_Reborn" with a rank of at least "ltcomm" or higher. Class_commando does not do anything. Oh, yeah and you have to set weapon to wp_blaster_pistol ofcourse. Also, i think it might only work for enemy teams, but i'm not sure about that.

I made a template for it in the NPC tool.
Check it out here:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/3648)
 TK-8252
02-25-2004, 10:58 PM
Hmm... Reborn class and a rank of lieutenant commander or higher, eh? Interesting, I'll have to try that.

EDIT: Aha, this is indeed the proper way to set up an NPC with dual pistols. So Tinny, problem solved. :p
 jojobob
02-26-2004, 7:51 PM
i'm trying to get the player to have dual blasters though. and yes the NPC does have to be on enemy... i'm pretty sure because when i tried to make it on my team it only had 1
 jojobob
02-27-2004, 1:24 AM
if you open up the cultistcommando npc with a text editor, you will see that it says this on the classes par:

// class CLASS_COMMANDO
class CLASS_REBORN

i wonder why they put the commando class if they disregarded it (//)
 TK-8252
02-27-2004, 2:49 AM
Originally posted by jojobob
if you open up the cultistcommando npc with a text editor, you will see that it says this on the classes par:

// class CLASS_COMMANDO
class CLASS_REBORN

i wonder why they put the commando class if they disregarded it (//) Yes, I was puzzled by this as well. As we just found out in this thread, there is no such class as COMMANDO. It's possible that Raven programmers were originally going to make dual pistols activated by a COMMANDO class but they decided not to.
 jojobob
03-01-2004, 1:35 AM
it's really cool spawning a whole bunch of them, and then a rancor because after you provoke the rancor, it will start attacking them and about 5 of them will kill in a minute or 2!

anyway,
so has anyone figured out how to make it work for the player without mind trick?
 TK-8252
03-01-2004, 8:06 PM
Originally posted by jojobob
so has anyone figured out how to make it work for the player without mind trick? This is impossible to do, in single player that is. There is absolutely no way to allow your player to use NPC-only weapons and/or classes. Although with the multiplayer source code out, a mod could enable players to use dual pistols.
 Tinny
03-01-2004, 10:21 PM
hmm, you can use boba fett stuff which i thought was a npc only class. i tried to do this, playerteam player, and then playermodel cultistcommando. doesn't do nada :/
 TK-8252
03-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Oh, yeah, you can be NPC-only classes with the playermodel cheat. But you cannot use NPC weapons, like the gaffi stick, Tusken rifle, dual pistols, etc..
 Tinny
03-01-2004, 10:36 PM
i remember you can use a scepter if you type in give wp_scepter (i forgot the exact commando but i've done it in sp), maybe the dual pistols can be achieved the same way?
 TK-8252
03-01-2004, 11:47 PM
The scepter is a weapon class, but dual pistols do not appear to be a seperate class. I'll look into giving yourself NPC weapons with the give cheat.
 jojobob
03-07-2004, 3:06 PM
well the new version of the Lost Hope mod is out and there are dual weapons there, but my pistol mod to give it a higher rate of fire doesn't work for multiplayer. any1 know how to fix?
Page: 1 of 1