Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Annoying problem in UT2004 demo

Page: 1 of 1
 Crow_Nest
02-21-2004, 5:00 AM
After about 5 mins or less playing it, the game hangs and makes this funny sound. And i have to restart, it happens when im playing both multiplayer and instant action. Even in the main menu.

How do i fix it? :confused:
 DarkLord60
02-21-2004, 2:43 PM
Have you tried reinstalling it
 Gabrobot
02-22-2004, 4:56 AM
What sound card do you have?
 Crow_Nest
02-22-2004, 5:35 AM
Originally posted by Gabrobot
What sound card do you have?

Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer. I dont think it has anything to do with my sound card, and i have the latest drivers installed

I'll just try a reinstall.....
 Gabrobot
02-22-2004, 5:17 PM
Well you see, I had a similar problem a couple years ago when I got my Audigy 2 Platinum...it turned out that I needed to update my motherboards BIOS.
 DarkLord60
02-22-2004, 5:51 PM
Originally posted by Gabrobot
Well you see, I had a similar problem a couple years ago when I got my Audigy 2 Platinum...it turned out that I needed to update my motherboards BIOS.

now I never heard of anything like that. updating bios for a game!
 Anthony
02-22-2004, 6:36 PM
Heh, I had to do that too. The Sims AND Neverwinter nights always locked up on me after 10 minutes of playing, I updated the BIOS and its worked fine.
 Gabrobot
02-23-2004, 3:35 AM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
now I never heard of anything like that. updating bios for a game!

It's not so much the game as it is the sound card...the game just causes the bug between the sound card and the BIOS to show itself.
 Crow_Nest
02-23-2004, 7:45 AM
Err..... How do i update my BIOS thingy?
 The_One
02-23-2004, 9:48 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
Err..... How do i update my BIOS thingy?

1. Head to you motherboard manufacturer's website.
2. Find your motherboard model.
3. Look for BIOS updates.
4. Download the latest update.
5. Follow the instructions.

Now, let me be clear, I would not recommend doing this unless you really know what you're doing. Whilst mistakes don't often happen, you need a certain degree of knowledge on how to rectify them should they occur. For example, knowing where your reset CMOS jumper is on your motherboard would help.

I'd research this problem first, with Epic technical support, before you immediately assume it's the motherboard.

I can't stress this enough: don't play with flashing the BIOS unless you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO.
 Crow_Nest
02-24-2004, 8:47 AM
Thanks, i'll go try it out ;)
Page: 1 of 1