Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Parries How does it work?

Page: 1 of 1
 Nuke
02-17-2004, 12:02 PM
As most of you have relized, it happens that sabers collide (whithout a block) and one of them knocks the other one a bit away and does a counter hit which does severe damage. Thats what I call a parrie. Some players allready learned how to use that behavior to their own benefit using good timing and aiming.

however, dos anybody know wich principles determine this parries? When do you do a parriie? Some players do that allmost intuitively right, but I would like know exactly how that works.

Can anybody help?
 Obi_Kwiet
02-17-2004, 3:35 PM
A parrie is a block. a repost is what repost is when the other guy hits right after he blocks the other guy.
 Neverhoodian
02-17-2004, 5:50 PM
The saber attack and defense levels play a factor for parrie/repost success ratios. The higher they are, the more successful you'll be. I believe the position of the crosshair in relation to the opponent's saber plays a role as well. Of course, the faster you click the mouse/press the fire key, the better of a chance you'll have at scoring a repost.

Finally, I think there's a bit of luck involved, as saber locks seem random to me sometimes.

Hey Obi, are you a fencer or something? Not many people know about the definition of a parry and a repost.
 gotcha8903
02-17-2004, 6:17 PM
IMO: it is too random to say it "works" at all
 AxWolF
02-17-2004, 6:18 PM
You are late at that.
And i wont share my knowledge with you all.
 Crow_Nest
02-18-2004, 8:19 AM
It depends on the style you and your enemy is using, read the manual for more info on "parry".
 Darth-Bane
02-18-2004, 9:49 PM
maybe he means Saber Lock?
speaking of that does anybody know what affects that?
 shukrallah
02-19-2004, 1:38 AM
So.. .what is knocking the saber out of someones hand? I know its possible.

Tonight i was playing, and me and another guy just kept getting into locks, like this:

lock, slash, lock, slash.... i think its because we were facing each other directly, and doing the same move....
 Crow_Nest
02-19-2004, 7:35 AM
Originally posted by Darth-Bane
maybe he means Saber Lock?
speaking of that does anybody know what affects that?

Not really, it also happens when both you and your enemy is attacking at the same time and sabers hit at the exact same time, both attacks are blocked
Page: 1 of 1