Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problems to visit Dark Forces MOD homepage with Mozilla

Page: 1 of 1
 J_Bond
02-17-2004, 10:34 AM
Hi,
first of all thank you very much to the "Dark Forces MOD" team. You are really doing an excellent job. I love your demo, and I'm looking forward to see the other levels.

But I've got a little question. I'm not using the Internet Explorer very often, because I prefere to use Mozilla. But when I visit the Dark Forcs MOD homepage, I've got problems e.g. to open the screenshot gallery. The pictures are not beeing displayed. Do you perhaps know where the problem could be?
 Fracman
02-17-2004, 8:13 PM

Can you access the screenshots - levels page?
And can you access the separate screenshot pages there?
These pages have simple clickable JPG images so it should work with any browser :o
 J_Bond
02-17-2004, 10:12 PM
Thank you for your reply. I can access the screenshots - levels page, and I can access any of the screenshot pages there. But when I open one of the pages there, there is nothing more than the headline (e.g. Level I - The Secret Base). There where the JPGs should appear is only a black background. Perhaps someone is experiencing the same problems with Netscape (which is based upon Mozilla).
 rolsen
02-18-2004, 1:12 AM
I'm running Mozilla 1.6 and have no problems.
 J_Bond
02-18-2004, 9:37 AM
@rolsen
That's really strange. Are you really able to enter the screenshot galleries and to see the JPGs? I've checked the preferences in Mozilla, but I didn't find anything that could be responsible for the problems. I'm also running Mozilla 1.6.
 J_Bond
02-18-2004, 10:33 AM
Sorry guys, I've found the problem. It was my fault. I've tried to open the site with Internet Explorer, but it didn't function with it, too. So I checked the preferences of my firewall (Zonealarm Pro), and switched the Adblocker from High to Medium. Now everything is okay. Nevertheless thank you for your attention, and may the force be with you :)
 Fracman
02-18-2004, 5:44 PM
*Uff* finally everything ends good... this time at least :D
 J_Bond
02-18-2004, 6:05 PM
@Fracman
Tut mir leid, dass ich erst jetzt sehe, dass du auch der deutschen Sprache mдchtig bist, dann hдtte ich uns beiden etwas Arbeit ersparen kцnnen ;) Bis du auch am Dark Forces MOD beteiligt? Wenn ja, in wie weit? Wьrde mich interessieren, welche Fortschritte ihr bisher macht, und ob noch alles nach Plan verlдuft.
 Darth_Linux
02-19-2004, 4:29 PM
@J_BOND

Ich kann kleine Deutch auch. Fracman ist der behilflicher Produzent von dem Dark Forces MOD. Hoffentlich das will antwort deiner fragen. Tchьss!

Darth_Linux
 J_Bond
02-19-2004, 8:02 PM
@Darth_Linux

Danke fьr die Antwort! ;) You are living in Washington, right? Where did you learn German? That's what I would call an international project ;) I saw that your Dark Forces Demo is in German, too. Your guys are doing professional work. Are you translating the game in other languages, too?

Tschьss!
J_Bond
 The_One
02-19-2004, 8:11 PM
Originally posted by J_Bond
@Darth_Linux

Danke fьr die Antwort! ;) You are living in Washington, right? Where did you learn German? That's what I would call an international project ;) I saw that your Dark Forces Demo is in German, too. Your guys are doing professional work. Are you translating the game in other languages, too?

Tschьss!
J_Bond

I think we have someone working on a French translation too ;)
 Fracman
02-20-2004, 3:33 PM
Oui, bien sur, voici la traduction franзaise...
eh... not yet finished, but we have Franch guys working on it, too.

J_Bond, iдss, дi дm a Tschцrmдn, batt дi wos boarn ihn Pдrris, Franz :p

Btw. "WA" is not the U.S. capital Washington. D.C, but the state Washington (Seattle, Redmond, Spokane etc.).
Nice country, you should visit it one day :)

Darth_Linux muЯ noch ein wenig mehr Deutsch lernen,
aber so langsam wird es :D
 Fracman
02-20-2004, 3:56 PM
J_Bond: Bitte mцglichst in Englisch schreiben, da dies ein intergalaktisches Forum ist, sonst fьhlen sich die anderen unnцtigerweise ausgegrenzt. Ansonsten nimm einen Web-Ьbersetzer oder schick mir eine PM ("Persцnliche Mitteilung") :D
(Edit: Traduction of the above: Please write in English since this is an intergalactic forum, not to exclude the other reades. If you need message translations, use web translators or send me a PM ("personal message") :D )

Yes, I'm also member of the DF MOD team, for a little bit more than one year now.
I'm responsible for textures (Gromas, the Crow, some misc items and weapons, the new HUD), shaders & menu files, the web graphics.

In the team, we are much more international:
we have Americans, Argentinos, Australiens, one Argentino living in Australy, British, French, Germans, one Swiss, and... who's nationality did i forgot?

You can still monitor the status on our project homepage :p
But just a few words:
We plan to release a 3-level-demo (Secbase, Talay, Sewers) in the near future. The level maps are nearly complete, our mappers are adding the final architectural touches and the small items that bring life. But we still have to work on the scripts and everything else to make a nice demo package.
 J_Bond
02-20-2004, 5:04 PM
@Fracman
Tut mir leid! Ich wollte natьrlich niemand ausgrenzen. Ich werde in Zukunft weiter an meinem Englisch arbeiten ;)
(Edit: Traduction of the above: I'm sorry! Of course I didn't want to exclude someone. I will work on my English in future ;) )

Thank you for your information. It's good to hear about your progress. I was afraid of your status monitor on your homepage that seems to be freezed ;) Are you making good experiences with the SDK that was released by Lucas Arts?

Good bye!
ЎAdiуs!
Au revoir!
Auf Wiedersehen!
(Forgotten someone? ;););))
 Fracman
02-20-2004, 5:43 PM
J_Bond: ok :)

About the status monitor... ehm... it's not easy to tell the percentage of work done so far, and it's nearly impossible to predict how long it will take us to finish...
Even more if we can't work all the time for the mod, and we constantly find things to improve or that don't work with JA.

Let's simply say: :wid:

Our coders looked at the "recently" released SDK, and they are coding quite well.
Unfortunately we would need a SP SDK to do everything we plan to :rolleyes:
Now we have to find ways how to use the MP engine. For weapons, its fine. But how to make the rest working to reflect DF... ennemy characters, creatures, etc., thats the big question.
 The_One
02-20-2004, 6:14 PM
Actually, I'm working on a new design for the progress page, which will hopefully give a better reflection on the mod's progress :)
 Fracman
02-21-2004, 8:41 AM
A dynamically zoomable 3D matrix diagram? :D
 The_One
02-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Fracman
A dynamically zoomable 3D matrix diagram? :D

No, some big bold text that says "When It's Done."

:D
Page: 1 of 1