Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PLZ Help with a switch

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Algar
02-16-2004, 2:02 AM
I am making a map of an art gallery for a sculpture class and it's due to present tomorrow morning. In this gallery, I've placed pictures on the wall.
I want to allow the user to press a button and have the picture change. This is basically like a func_usable switch for a door/elevator, except I don't want the door/elevator to be part of it. I just want a switch that changes the picture to a different one. I'll release this map as a duel map if I'm able to finish it.

Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated and I'd mention u in the README file of the map.

PLZ respond ASAP!

thx
 gotcha8903
02-16-2004, 12:48 PM
place a trigger brush where you have the switch, make it a trigger_multiple, then give it the other properties you want (facing, use key, etc). Make the brushes for the pictures, but only texture the picture side. then make those into a func_usable. make one of them start on, and the other start off. then, use ctrl + k to target the trigger at the usuables. put them in the usables in the frame, compile, and it should work
 Darth_Algar
02-16-2004, 10:27 PM
Thx for the response!

However, I already finished it and the way I solved the problem was by making moving brushes that, when triggered, move a few units in front of the picture. The end result is effective enough that I'm happy with it.
Page: 1 of 1