Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Save game editor for Xbox KOTOR saves?

Page: 1 of 1
 darth makaan
02-14-2004, 4:36 AM
I got me an Action Replay for Xbox. Is there a save editor for that?
 dj_owen
02-14-2004, 6:38 PM
yeah, this would be great, if anyone knows about it.

us xbox users are very jealous and feel left out at all the great mods you guys are able to work with. obviously we couldn't do cool things like edit skins and stuff, but it'd be cool to be able to edit classes, items, money, feats, attributes, and powers at least though.

by the way, i'm sending you a pm about the action replay.
 Darth Exar Kun
02-14-2004, 7:34 PM
well its kinda your fault for buying x-box, playing it on a PC has to hae its benifits
 dj_owen
02-14-2004, 7:57 PM
Originally posted by Darth Exar Kun
well its kinda your fault for buying x-box, playing it on a PC has to hae its benifits

yeah, you're right. it is my fault that i don't make enough money to upgrade my pc just so i can play kotor on it.
 Darth Exar Kun
02-14-2004, 8:17 PM
the concept of a joke escapes you doesn't it
 darth makaan
02-15-2004, 12:54 AM
any serious answers?
 ruptorus
02-15-2004, 1:11 AM
Originally posted by dj_owen
yeah, you're right. it is my fault that i don't make enough money to upgrade my pc just so i can play kotor on it.

oh...please...give me a f*cking break! it doesnt cost that much!! my computer is a Compaq Presario 5310US operating on Windows XP.

RAM=256MB
PROCESSOR=Intel Celeron 1.2GHz
VIDEO=128MB ATI RADEON 9200

KotOR runs really good with that...it has a few "skippy" parts in some places, but you can play it from start to finish...

all you really need is a higher video card, and you can buy a really good one for under $100.

before I ran KotOR on my computer I had a 32MB ATI Radeon 7500 and I knew KotOR wouldn't run good, so I bought a new one...which is the one listed above.
 Fred Tetra
02-15-2004, 1:13 AM
I think the save games are pretty compatible in the XBox->PC direction, as I have taken a save game file set from the Xbox and played it just fine on the PC. Not too surprising, as there would be little reason to re-write the savegame format when the development team seemed pretty pressed for time, given the comments in some of the script files.

Oh, and for those with modded Xboxes (is that a forbidden topic?) Kotor Tool can read in the files from that version, too. Granted, it'll let you browse the files and edit them, but I don't know that the Xbox supports the equivalent of the "override" folder. I suppose you could rewrite the BIFs and such, but I don't know how many Xboxers would go to the trouble.
 darth makaan
02-15-2004, 2:22 AM
I tried using the PC version save editor. It says invalid file or something like that.
 Hyarmendacil
02-15-2004, 4:26 AM
yeah I tried the same thing and it said my penis was too crooked.
 Weiser_Cain
02-15-2004, 6:27 AM
Originally posted by darth makaan
I tried using the PC version save editor. It says invalid file or something like that.
You know the savegame editor does have the tendency to break saves. you could try again and just change something small.
 tk102
02-15-2004, 7:12 PM
Originally posted by Hyarmendacil
yeah I tried the same thing and it said my penis was too crooked.

I don't remember coding that... you must be using Devanstator's KMU save editor.
:)

What are X-Boxers doing on this forum anyway? :D Not owning one myself, it would pretty hard to test drive the code from a development point of view.
 darth makaan
02-16-2004, 4:59 AM
So Xboxers are hated here? How sad:o .
 tk102
02-16-2004, 5:09 AM
Nobody's hated here D.M. I hope you didn't really take it that way. :rolleyes:
 Fred Tetra
02-16-2004, 12:36 PM
Besides, I have an Xbox and played KotOR on it before getting the PC version. Having it on the Xbox and looking at the files (on someone else's modded Xbox, of course) I noticed that the layout was a lot like NWN. I thought it might be interesting to have Yavin station and the new saber crystals that are only in the PC version in the Xbox version. Thus came about Kotor Tool. As it is, I haven't had the chance to do any modding myself (hence the lack of a Teletubby skin :) ), as I spend all of my spare time coding new features for the folks here. Maybe someday!
 lord_blodgett
02-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by darth makaan
So Xboxers are hated here? How sad:o .

I don't think it's hate, just the frustration of having waited an extra 6 months for the game. An extra six of listening to all the Xbox owners rubbing it in our faces. Can you blame us for rubbing back just a little?

Me, I hope modding for the Xbox comes out for you guys. Just goes to show that the Xbox is not as PC compatible as Microsoft claims tho'

PS: I own the PS2 - not because it's any better, or worse than the Xbox - but because it has the games I want. I was willing to wait for KotoR on the PC.
Page: 1 of 1