Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Once in a lifetime on a MP game

Page: 1 of 1
 TheHobGoblin
02-11-2004, 9:50 PM
Did you ever do something that you could never do again or was really hard yet you could, On-line?

I remember when I was playing 1vs1 on Quake III. It was a railgun game and I was doing alright. I jumped and we both fire. Both our Rails impacted and hit in mid air... I was like... WHOA...
 El Sitherino
02-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by TheHobGoblin
Did you ever do something that you could never do again or was really hard yet you could, On-line?

I remember when I was playing 1vs1 on Quake III. It was a railgun game and I was doing alright. I jumped and we both fire. Both our Rails impacted and hit in mid air... I was like... WHOA... Something like that happend to me in JO. I was fighting in this one server, a guy shot a rocket at me then another. I force pushed the first rocket and fired my own rocket. he fired another and all four collided. It all happend with just a matter of a seconds. It was pretty bad ass.
 Sam
02-11-2004, 10:10 PM
One time On Halo (pc) I jumped and killed five guys before I landed.

:dozey:
 Anthony
02-11-2004, 10:13 PM
I jumped out a plane in BF1942, landed ON the enemies plane while it was flying, shot it, it blew up, and I died. :eek:

Another one was I force pulled someone into the path of that speeder thing in Nar Shaddaa streets JUST when it came, the person was killed. :D
 TheHobGoblin
02-11-2004, 10:20 PM
In Enemy Territory, Sniped 4 snipers that were firing at me... I kepthiding behind trees
 Anthony
02-11-2004, 10:34 PM
Oh yeah...That reminds me of two more. In operation flashpoint, I was riding along in a tank in then some bug made the tank start to tip and turn uncontrollably, so the tank went flying up in the sky, like really high, I got out and I could use a parachute...

and in BF1942, I killed a person inside of a plane with a colt. : /
 Elijah
02-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by TheHobGoblin

I remember when I was playing 1vs1 on Quake III. It was a railgun game and I was doing alright. I jumped and we both fire. Both our Rails impacted and hit in mid air... I was like... WHOA... Ive done that with rockets before... If I had to pick my once in a life time, itd take a LOOONG time, but I do remember midairing the flag carrier with a repeater alt fire, which also HAPPENED to midair 3 other people who jumped at the exact same time and didnt have much health... :D I've dont double Midair snipes to.
 the_raven_03
02-11-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Sam
One time On Halo (pc) I jumped and killed five guys before I landed.

:dozey:

What weapon did you use to pull this off?
 Sam
02-11-2004, 11:46 PM
I used the pistol and a grenade.

The grenade took their sheild off and then I capped them in the head.
 Datheus
02-12-2004, 12:09 AM
This happened in Vice City as follows:

Me: :¬:
Me: *waltzes up to a police car, stopped at a red light*
Me: GET OUT, MOFO! CARJAKING!
Me: *tugs on door*
Cop: Goddammit...
Light: *ding* I'M GREEN! WHEE!!
Cop: *flings door open*
Cop: *steps out of car*
Moped: *vvvrrrooom*
Moped: *runs RIGHT over the cop, INCHES in front of me*
Me: *speck of blood splats between eyes*
Moped: *does not miss a beat and speeds off*
Me: :¬:
Me: *hops into the cruiser and drives off*
 topshot
02-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Y'know, funny you should ask that. ShinJedi (or was it Exodus Snake?) and I ko'd each other in a JO match once. He killed me with a red dfa, and I beat him with an upward lunge. A sweet double k.o.!
 jokemaster
02-12-2004, 12:42 AM
I shot a rocket, killed one guy, immediately after killed 5 people with one grenede in COD MP, then ran in and machine guned 2 more. I don't think I can ever do that again.
 ET Warrior
02-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Tribes 2. The enemy had our flag halfway across the map(it wasn't too big of a map) and was flying.....I just pointed at him and fired my spinfusor. Hit that sonofagun midair and killed him. I was freakin amazed, but then, later in the same game, I did it AGAIN!!!! Never, since that game, have I hit ANYONE midair with a spinfusor.......crazy i tell you.
 jokemaster
02-12-2004, 1:03 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Tribes 2. The enemy had our flag halfway across the map(it wasn't too big of a map) and was flying.....I just pointed at him and fired my spinfusor. Hit that sonofagun midair and killed him. I was freakin amazed, but then, later in the same game, I did it AGAIN!!!! Never, since that game, have I hit ANYONE midair with a spinfusor.......crazy i tell you.
NO WAY!
I've tried to hit people with those ****in things and I've never hit anyone in mid air.
 ET Warrior
02-12-2004, 1:09 AM
Originally posted by jokemaster
NO WAY!
I've tried to hit people with those ****in things and I've never hit anyone in mid air.

I KNOW! My hands literally fell off the keyboard first time I made that shot....

to add impressiveness, I was airborne on BOTH of those shots...

(I dont remember the name of the map...it MAY have been called damnation...its' the one with the lava in the middle and two tall bases opposite each other)
 Kain
02-12-2004, 1:40 AM
in halo i jumped onto a moving tank, pulled out my assault rifle, and proceeded to blast the poor mofo before he even realized I was there. All I hear from upstairs is 'WHO THE **** IS VAE VICTUS?!?!(Vae Victus being my Halo name; it means suffering to the conquered, woe to the living, or woe to the conquered, depending on your translation). It was great.
 ET Warrior
02-12-2004, 2:46 AM
Wait wait wait...how on earth did you not DIE when a moving tank hit you? I've never jumped ON a tank that was moving..even jumping on the top of the turret gets me killed....

Speaking of Halo though, who here plays on Xboxconnect? I'm getting a switch here soon so I can play online.
 -=DarkZero=-
02-12-2004, 3:00 AM
When I was Playing socom 2, I kept saying Solid Snake and everyone was like shut up! SHUT UP, and they all came for me, what the weird thing was, I jumped off a building and lived, they all came after me and jumped, then died.

Then with my little health left, I killed the rest of my team :)
It was once in a life time.

OH OH, and just tonight, some guy was speaking spanish, AND I UNDERSTOOD IT! I havn't taken a spanish course since i was in grade II, and it was sick.
Anyway, he was saying we were little "female dogs" and that they were going to kill us, so I got everyone to vote him and his mexican friends :)

Then I sniped my team and left lol.
 Kain
02-12-2004, 3:43 AM
Wait wait wait...how on earth did you not DIE when a moving tank hit you? I've never jumped ON a tank that was moving

You know, I'm not sure HOW I did it. But it was the most badass thing in Halo to date for us. Not because it'll probably never happen again, not because of how cool it was, but because the guy got so mad, he gunned for me and me alone the rest of the night until he realized that I was making an ass out of him.
 TiE23
02-12-2004, 5:14 AM
one time, when i was playing Rainbow Six Raven Shield... I was playing the Mansion level "i forgot the real name" and I was running down the hall past the pool room "if you know the game" with my UMP and I took out about 5 baddies in a flury of bullets, but I died in the fight, but we won :rolleyes: :D

TiE
 Druid Bremen
02-12-2004, 8:36 AM
Well, this isn't exactly a once in a lifetime thing, but here you go:
I was playing Siege in Hoth, and I was on the defending team. I was the heavy weaps guy and I was near the bridge. Then, this atst starts marching over it, blasting everyone in sight, and the first person it saw was ME. It shot out a rocket at me just at the same time I fired mine. Both rockets exploded in mid-air. :D But in the end, he stomped on me. :mad:
 Crow_Nest
02-12-2004, 8:47 AM
Ah those moments, i remembered the time where i was playing JA (or was it JO?)

We were at this large hall with large pillars, both of us were firing blasters at each other, hide behind pillars and stuff. Man it was so fun. :cool:
 The Truthful Liar
02-12-2004, 8:58 AM

Respect.
 Elijah
02-12-2004, 3:05 PM
Respected.
 ExcelsioN
02-12-2004, 3:41 PM
I remember the time in BF1942 when I shot down a plane with a bazooka.

Another time (on BF1942), when I was playing the El Alamein map; I drove up to the East Base in a PanzerIV. There was an enemy Sherman tank and 5 infantry all crowded round the same spot. One shot into the middle of them and they all went flying. Including the tank.
 TheHobGoblin
02-12-2004, 6:57 PM
DooM II I shot someone down with a pistol, they had a bfg 9000 (yeah!)
 PSyCo_SMurF
02-20-2004, 9:13 PM
well in half-life i was sniping someone and this guy came up to me and started to hit me with a crow bar..... i was like OH ****!!!!!! i threw my mouse so hard to turn around that it flew out of my hand and landed on the fire button. i live but i shot the crow bar guy right in the head!!! lol
 -=DarkZero=-
02-20-2004, 9:23 PM
Originally posted by topshot
Y'know, funny you should ask that. ShinJedi (or was it Exodus Snake?) and I ko'd each other in a JO match once. He killed me with a red dfa, and I beat him with an upward lunge. A sweet double k.o.!

Dude that was us, in the hanger on that sp map remember? xD
 topshot
02-20-2004, 9:31 PM
Originally posted by Exodus Snake
Dude that was us, in the hanger on that sp map remember? xD

ROFL! Yeah! Thanks for jogging my memory! :D

*Dashes off to fight the hazard troopers and same thing almost happens.*
 The_One
02-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Actually, something quite amusing happened yesterday.

I was driving the hover thing on UT2004, I drove up a hill and went flying really high. As I began to descend, I turned to the right and rammed straight into the side of this other hill and took a guy's head off :p Quality ;)

The best intentional moment was in a game of Operation Flashpoint when I was flying an AH-64. I was trying to destroy an enemy base, but I was getting gunned down by Shilkas. So I aimed my chopper just above the base, ejected, and watched my chopper fly straight into the base and explode. When my parachute landed, I got my LAW out and shot the Shilkas :p Mission accomplished ;) Then I ran about 5 miles and nicked a Skoda to get back home.
 jokemaster
02-21-2004, 1:12 AM
^Dude, I think the guy in UT2K4 Demo was me.
 TiE23
02-21-2004, 1:48 AM
^ :lol:
I don't have very many mp memories, cause i always had a modem

But one time i was the 15th best in the world at Mechwarrior 4 :D

TiE
 TheHobGoblin
02-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Yesterday in Enemy Territory I ran in their base with no deguise, I just started sniping them from inside, then I got a deguise after like 20 kills, Won the game for the Allies.
 Alegis
02-21-2004, 1:28 PM
ET: * in fueldump as an allied medic, came in trough left tunnel and went on a killing spree trough their base, on my way outside (18 kills) and came out (ammo was depleted by then) put adrenaline on myself and stabbed 3 to death, while the tank was already over the bridge and I jumped behind it. "i need ammo". of course i can do that all the time w/ noobs but there it was quite a challenge ;)

* revived someone as he was flying trough mid air (the revive thingy dissapears when they land, when they get hit by explosives too hard as this was the case)

NOLF: in a unity vs harm clanmatch, 145p solo and never died (first team to get 200 wins)

cant remember much more
 DarkLord60
02-21-2004, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by Tie 23
^ :lol:
I don't have very many mp memories, cause i always had a modem

But one time i was the 15th best in the world at Mechwarrior 4 :D

TiE

same here till I got cable modem
Page: 1 of 1