Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question?

Page: 1 of 1
 Ellderon
02-08-2004, 9:55 PM
Is it possible to put new items in the game without the console...the console won't work on my PC, so it sucks...

I hear that the Area editor wil be able to do that, but it's still not finished....
 Shimaon
02-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I personally don't know how to do it, but I know some people know how to put items in containers.
 Stator
02-08-2004, 10:07 PM
I am not sure if anyone is at the point of adding items to areas but there are a couple of ways to accomplish this that I know of.

1. Use the Revan Reincarnate mod by Lil Jawa or a similar mod. Edit the jawa_giveitem scripts to give your player character items other than the revan robe and lightsaber.

2. Edit the footlocker.utp file that Jules Windu made. Add items to the item list that you want. This files changes the items that are found in the footlocker on the Endar Spire. It was supposed to affect the items in the hideout footlocker. I'm not sure if Jules ever fixed it or not.

3. Edit a party member .utc filr. Add items to their equipped list but leave the user structure line at zero. This will add items to the inventory once you acquire the adjusted party member.

These are the only ways at present that I know of to add items into the game without using the console. Hope this helps.

Stator
 Stator
02-08-2004, 10:23 PM
I just ran a quick test to check the info that I passed on. If you want to add items to the footlocker you first open on the endar spire, just do the following.

1. Using KotOR Modding Tool, extract the footlker001.utp from the end_m01aa_s.rim file.

2. Open this file with a GFF Editor.

3. Go to ItemList and add as many user-defined Struct: places as you need. One for each additional item.

4. Follow the format of what is already listed to include numbering the user-defined Struct and the Repos_PosX.

5. Save and place in your override directory.

Now you are done and all items that you want to use are already waiting for you at the start of the game. This process should also work with any container in the game as long as you have the correct .utp file for it. I also tried it with some user made items such as the holowan emporium. It worked without any problems at all. Hope this helps.

Stator
 deathdisco
02-21-2004, 12:50 AM
Stator,
The footlker001.utp is not unique. It also affects the Taris hideout locker and some other miscellaneous footlockers. Any idea how to point it to a specific locker? Preferably the Taris hideout.

P.S. What are you using to view/modify the script files?
 gameunlimited
02-21-2004, 1:42 AM
There has been a thread just like this a few days ago. The title is something like "planting item into game".

Edit: Here is the link

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123433)
 chay80
02-21-2004, 2:09 AM
Also, remember that the console in this game is NOT like any console in most games.

There is no drop-down window. All you see is a > arrow, if I recall.
 Fred Tetra
02-21-2004, 3:26 AM
And on my PC, at least, I have to type "`" not "~" (with the shift key) to get it to work.
 Commas
02-21-2004, 8:11 AM
Originally posted by Stator

3. Edit a party member .utc filr. Add items to their equipped list but leave the user structure line at zero. This will add items to the inventory once you acquire the adjusted party member.

where can i find the right file to edit to put items on to characters, like jolee for example, and will he be armed with that weapon or just have it in his inventory?

also is there a way to add things to the remains of enemys? not the corspe containers lying around but the remains of enemies i've killed?

EDIT: ok, so i think i found the file i was looking for, but editing things seem to be a whole new story, i cant seem to find the "equip list" also is there anyway to add new feats they start with and get rid of others
 gameunlimited
02-21-2004, 8:28 AM
They are there. I am looking at it now. Perhaps you looked at the wrong file? Just to make sure, the file is (when using kotor tools) under BIFs --> Templates --> p_bastilla.utc (i take Bastila's character as an example here, you can fine other chars like Jolee under the name p_jolee.utc).

Once you open the file using GFF Editor, take a look at "Equip_Itemlist". THats where you should add new items. Copy the existing node, paste it under the same tree then rename the numbering and also the item name of course.

For feats, take a look at the node "FeatList". Those are the feat lists. Inside it you will find numbers. For example, Bastila's first feat is feat #94. You have to open the file feat.2da under BIFs --> 2da to find what this number corresponds to.
 Commas
02-21-2004, 8:33 AM
thanks, that helped a lot, as it turns out i was looking at the wrong file problem solved
 Commas
02-21-2004, 10:13 AM
ok, so ive been messing around with all this new info that ive tried to digest, and i think i might have succeeded in making something that works

i edited two files and added new items to them, in one i put t7nowhere's darkside lightsaber into naga sadow's tomb in place of the sith saber and in the other i added t7's Jolee's jade shield to jolee's inventory and i also added two weapon fighting and advanced two weapon fighting to his feats to compliment it

(i hope you dont mind that i used your saber's for these, t7, i simply did it as a test since they are the only player made items i had downloaded. im sure you had your own ideas of where to put these, so dont think im trying to steal your thunder :) i really just wanted to see if this would actually work:) )

i have no idea if either of these files will work, or if there were other things i needed to do to make them work, but if anyone wants to try them out i can email them to you as i have no place to host them, i'd really apreciate any feedback as this is my first attempt at modding anything and i really dont know if what i did will work or not. i'd try it myself, but i would have to start a new game and work my way all the way thru taris, dantooine, kashyykk and korriban before i would know

thanks again
 T7nowhere
02-21-2004, 10:59 AM
hey i like commas, I don't mind what you do with my mods if you can think of a way to enhance what I have do then please do, Just state what was changed from the mods original state.

oh and I have thought of doing just what you did for both sabers, lol. What files did you edit for jolee, Becuase I just tested it out and equiped p_jolee001(which is in modual kas_m24aa) with the doubleblade i made for him. Then I used my newby warp char and when I first encountered him on Kashykk he was useing my doubleblade :D. So there we have it, it works, but I suspect you will have to change the p_jolee in Templates as well because they differ. You probly don't have to change the one on kashykk but it does keep with the continuity of the story.

Ok so I thought before I post this why not test it, and hello
:cool: it does work perfectly.
I don't mind if you send out the file to people, but sinse this does work in a way I like. you can send me the files you edited and i'll add then to my mods and give you credit. I will update my mods Later today after I get home from work. I have planned on releasing some updates to my mods and posting a couple more in the next few days. All will be new Items well sort of :p and obtainible in the game. I just have to clean them up. :)

Also did you change the uti name of the sith blade or were you able to place it in the statue like you would any other container.

oops send to t7nowhere@hotmail.com
 Commas
02-21-2004, 6:33 PM
they are on their way

yeah, the file i edited was p_jolee in templates, i had found the other file in the kas_m24aa module but i didn't know if putting it there would mess up the movie when you meet jolee or what, since the lightsaber he is equiped with in that file isnt a normal lightsaber file its "kas24_lightsaber" so i just edited the one file. but now that i know it works i'll go ahead and edit that one too.

i also gave him two new feats, since jolee comes with advanced dueling i figured it would be wise to give him advanced two weapon as well.

as for the sith blade i found the utp file for the statue where the sith blade is, erased the orginal file name and typed in yours, like i said i havent tested that yet, but i think that should work.

feel free to change anything i've done wrong and let me know if these files work
 deathdisco
02-22-2004, 12:35 AM
I belive the other thread involved scripting. Which I don't know anything about. That's why I was interested in the footlocker thing.
I'll try equipping Carth now that I know the correct .utc to edit.
Thanks
 T7nowhere
02-22-2004, 5:47 AM
I was just wondering if anyone has tried to equipe an NPC with clothes. The reason is I wanted to equipe Jolee with his standard clothes instead of the jedi robe which he would not be wearing if he left the order, but when I edit his utc to add clothes he always ends up in his shorts :rolleyes: I have tried to get it to work. I am starting to think the reason he was equiped with kight robes is because bioware couldn't get it to work. He is the only party member that isn't wearing his own clothes when you first meet him.
 deathdisco
02-22-2004, 4:52 PM
I'd still like to know what program(s) (ie: source viewer) you guys use for scripting. I have the nwnsscomp(sp?) program but when I decompile a script it includes what looks like hexadecimal values with it. It does not look like source code examples given in this forum. Since I don't know how to script I figured I'd try to reverse engineer what you guys have done and add thing to my liking. I also don't know what file format the scripts need to be in to compile them.

Thanks
 gameunlimited
02-22-2004, 5:06 PM
I do not usually decompile scripts. It will not be possible to convert back a compiled script into a source code. What I do is just to take a look at the file BIFs --> Scripts. There contains the uncompiled scripts of some scripts (not all) that is in the game. To compile a script, you have to make it in the format .nss.
 Commas
02-23-2004, 3:33 AM
hey t7, i was just wondering if you had a chance to try out those files i sent you. just wondering whether they worked or not and if there was anything i needed to change

Originally posted by T7nowhere
I was just wondering if anyone has tried to equipe an NPC with clothes.

drakron mentioned this in this thread http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122227) he had developed some kind of way to have the jedi party members keep they're default clothes when wearing jedi robes. since jolee is already wearing jedi robes doing the samething that drakron did should keep jolee in his default clothing, so you should look into the tricks listed in that thread
Page: 1 of 1