Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fav planet? Guess

Page: 1 of 1
 Alegis
02-08-2004, 7:57 PM
which planet do you guess you'll love the most to play on (yes i know, bad phrase construction)

Hoth
Hoth is a cold, barren snow planet. This planet is home to creatures such as the wampa and tauntaun. The Rebel Alliance developed Echo Base on Hoth, and narrowly escaped from their base upon the arrival of the Imperial Army.

Yavin
Yavin is a gaseous planet with many moons - one of which, Yavin 4, was the home of a hidden base of the Rebel Alliance. The base became the target of the first Death Star, which was destroyed by Luke Skywalker in his X-Wing.

Tatooine
Tatooine is the desert land planet, home of Luke Skywalker. This planet includes locations such as Mos Epsa and Mos Eisley. Tatooine is also home to several creatures such as Jawas and Tusken Raiders.

Naboo
Naboo is home to humans and another species called the Gungans. In The Phantom Menace, Naboo was blockaded by the Trade Federation (Droid Army), and eventually lead to a battle between the Gungans and the Droid Army.

Geonosis
Seen primarily in Attack of the Clones, the barren, red-rock planet is a desolate place. Inhabited by the Geonosians, a bug-like creature, this planet was the home of a major battle between the Clone Army and the Droid Army.

Kamino
Kamino is a dark, dismal planet full of stormy oceans and constructed cities built by the Kaminoans. The Kaminoans are best known for their cloning technology, and are the creators of the Clone Army. Kamino's Tipoca City was shown in Attack of the Clones.
 Pie™
02-08-2004, 9:13 PM
My guess is that Hoth and Geonosis are gonna be pretty badass! :D
 lukeiamyourdad
02-09-2004, 2:17 AM
Hoth. Snowspeeders, At-Ats, trenches...I can already dream about it...
 Gabrobot
02-09-2004, 5:42 AM
Sounds like Kamino is going to be stunning, and the unique enviroment should be very refreshing...
 Crazy_dog no.3
02-09-2004, 3:12 PM
They said something about an Endor map with Ewoks. :ewok: :ewok: :ewok:

Until that is announced, however, Hoth's my pick. Followed by Geonosis.
 Silent_Thunder
02-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Ender is clearing going to be included, so that should be added to the list :).

Kamino will probably the most interesting for me.
 Thrawn
02-10-2004, 5:37 PM
I think Kamino will be my favorite just because it is so unique.
After that, it would probobly be Endor, with a tie for third between Geonosis and Hoth.
 lotr-sam0711
02-10-2004, 7:34 PM
Tatooine and Kamino!!!
 joesdomain
02-26-2004, 5:42 PM
I think my favorite planets are going to be the ones from the Original Trilogy such as Tatoonie, Hoth, Yavin, and Endor. I hope Dagobah, Alderran and/or Bespin are in it.
 Prime
02-26-2004, 6:19 PM
I am looking forward to Hoth the most. Something about big snowball fights...
 ZBomber
02-28-2004, 2:07 PM
I'll be playing Naboo the most. That looks really neat. ^_^
 Hermie
02-29-2004, 2:15 PM
I think Geonosis will be my pick.

now somebody add Endor!!
 sosus
03-09-2004, 12:43 PM
I'll be playing Naboo most likely. It is such a beautiful planet and has fantastic architecture. When not on naboo i'll most likely be on Kamino. But who knows my preferences may change in 8 months....we will see.
 pink lightsaber
03-09-2004, 1:48 PM
I will most likely be playing on naboo most of the time just because the great buildings and the many spots to hide. Like behind corners in alleys and such.
 Mountainforest
03-09-2004, 4:09 PM
Because Kamino probably is an indoormap (Have you ever seen a swimming battledroid?) it won't be my favourite map. I think Geonosis will be my favourite vehicle-map, and endor my favourite infantry map. Kashyyyk could get interesting too (if it it makes it to the game). There should be bridges and thinges high in the air and between the trees.
 McCusto
03-11-2004, 2:25 AM
That was a hard desicion between Tatooine and Hoth I love them both very much.
 joesdomain
03-11-2004, 2:42 AM
Has it been confirmed that Kashyyyk will be the 7th planet in Star Wars Battlefront. It would be interesting. I still think battling it out Courscant, Bespin, Alderran, and Dagobah would be cool.
 dark jedi 8
03-12-2004, 2:20 AM
i think Kamino will be the most interesting. but i wanna see the mos eisely map for tatooine and the maps for hoth should be awesome as well.:D
 joesdomain
04-05-2004, 6:33 AM
I think my favorite planet maps will include yavin 4, tatoonie, and endor. I am just hoping Bespin, Kashyyyk, and Courscant are the other three planets. I really wanted to play as a rebel or imperial attacking cloud city. I don't see why not since they are including tipoca city and kamino in the game. I was hoping for more planets other than just 10. The reason why I say this is because I would them to Lucasarts incorporate Alderran, Dagobah, Bespin and Courscant. I pretty sure Kashyyyk will be included. I am also interested in seeing places like Ord Mantell, Dantoonie, and Kessel all that were mentioned in the original trilogy.
 Gukkjo
04-05-2004, 9:57 PM
I'm partial to Naboo myself. Also looking forward to the forests of endor. :cool:

P.S. Bespin is a city... Unless I'm dumb and missed something.
 lukeiamyourdad
04-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Yes you are:cool:

Bespin is the planet, Cloud City is the City.
 Gukkjo
04-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Ah ok, hehe. Well at least now I know :p
 StormHammer
04-06-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Prime
I am looking forward to Hoth the most. Something about big snowball fights...

Yep. And if that's not an idea for a mod, I don't know what is. :D

I'm a sucker for levels with snow and ice...
 tFighterPilot
04-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Hoth and Snow Speeders > All
 Ultar Terragorn
04-06-2004, 3:04 PM
If Tatooine will be like it is describe, urban combats could be really fun. I also look forward to Geonosis because flying a transport seems too cool for both the pilot and the troopers.
 ist
04-07-2004, 1:37 AM
Hoth is probably the coolest battle-oriented level, though my scout trooper will probably fit better in endor :)

by the way...sorry to ruin your hopes guys, but Kashyyyk will not be a level...far too similar to Endor, i think.
 lukeiamyourdad
04-07-2004, 1:45 AM
That's not true man.

Kashyyyk(if included) will be mostly platform-to-platform fights. Nobody actually expects playing on the forest floor.
 tFighterPilot
04-07-2004, 2:13 AM
I'm REALLY hoping for bespin
 ist
04-07-2004, 2:28 AM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
That's not true man.

Kashyyyk(if included) will be mostly platform-to-platform fights. Nobody actually expects playing on the forest floor.

ehhhh i guess.

yeah, i lose this one :)
 Sabretooth
04-07-2004, 5:36 AM
I guess I'll play at Hoth a lot. It's pretty cool. Literally.

Next, I would go for Naboo, it's beauty and stuff would make a great combat-field.

Third goes to Kamino. It'll be hell thrilling to play on Kamino!
 GlobalStrike
04-07-2004, 6:02 AM
I'll try Hoth first, second Geonosis and then probably Kamino. They all seem cool though. :jawa :jawa
 Sabretooth
04-07-2004, 7:30 AM
LucasArts look like they're holding some secret planet for Battlefront. Coruscant? (Mega-cool) Kashyyyk? Endor?

Dunno, but some extra or bonus planet is gonna be there.
 pink lightsaber
04-07-2004, 9:34 PM
i'm pretty sure that endor has been confirmed
 Ultar Terragorn
04-08-2004, 6:54 PM
Ok... after reading your posts, I feel that Hoth could be my favorite planet. After all, it's a classic.

But anyway, do you think that Mustafar (the lava planet) could be the next battle map or an expansion?
 lukeiamyourdad
04-08-2004, 8:34 PM
What the hell is Mustafar?

(Since I don't know what the hell it is, I can clearly guess that it won't be in any battle map;))
 dark jedi 8
04-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
That's not true man.

what makes you say that? i think it will be a floor oriented map, probably including some swampy-esque details.(did that make sense?)
 pink lightsaber
04-08-2004, 11:11 PM
yes it does and i was thinking the same thing.:D
 lukeiamyourdad
04-09-2004, 1:58 AM
Taken EU into consideration, it says that the Wookiees make their home high on the treetops to avoid the darkness of the frorest floor and everything that's creeping down there. So if an enemy is attacking Kashyyk, they'll fight on the Wookiee platforms because it's the nice slaves that they want.
 tFighterPilot
04-09-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Ultar Terragorn
Ok... after reading your posts, I feel that Hoth could be my favorite planet. After all, it's a classic.

But anyway, do you think that Mustafar (the lava planet) could be the next battle map or an expansion? Let's hope not.

About Kashyyyk. In KOTOR, when you go to Kashyyyk, you start on the treetops, and later, you go down to the ground. So it is possible to have a battle on the ground.
 Mountainforest
04-10-2004, 6:29 PM
This is why I think Kashyyyk will be included.
1)The Imperials used the wookies as slaves (and probably anaxed their homeplanet)
2)Chewbecca will play in star wars III
3)Mystery planets would include (at least) one starwars III oriented level

1+2+3= Kashyyyk will be included in battlefront.

And I have to add that Lukeiamyourdead is right, the wookies live in the air, and in one of the star wars books the main characters also where in the air (In the book there was something saying that the forestfloor was to dangerous because of the animals (I am not sure about that)
 Gukkjo
04-10-2004, 8:57 PM
Well when I considered Kashyyyk as a possible planet, I thought that you might be able to play on both the forest loor and in the treetops. I don't know if that's possible, but maybe the big battle would happen on the forest while snipers can get a good vantage point from the treetops. Just my thoughts. But if it was one or the other, I think the treetops would be cooler and more likely. Maybe you could fall off and die...
 dark jedi 8
04-12-2004, 12:48 AM
i still say the floor but the treetops would be cool, especially for snipers ect..., though everything in the E.U. can be overridden (sp) by GL and he might do that. look at endor, that was originally supposed to be the wookie home planet so maybe they do live in the trees but fight on the ground? right now its all speculation but i wouldn't hold the E.U.'s rendering of kashyyyk as the "one" that could be in the game/movie. not just yet.
 lukeiamyourdad
04-12-2004, 2:10 AM
Actually, Yavin was supposed to be the planet where the native Wookiees fought the Empire.
 joesdomain
04-12-2004, 3:45 AM
I know they have not confirmed it but having Bespin in the game would be so cool. playing as rebels fighting the empire on cloud city while floating in the sky. Boba Fett make an appearance.
 tFighterPilot
04-12-2004, 10:25 AM
EDIT: yeah whatever
 Mountainforest
04-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by joesdomain
I know they have not confirmed it but having Bespin in the game would be so cool. playing as rebels fighting the empire on cloud city while floating in the sky. Boba Fett make an appearance.

I supose the expirience would be similar to fighting in Theed, except for the nice background...
 dark jedi 8
04-12-2004, 5:47 PM
it could be a cramped indoor/ streets outdoor map. but in a better environment then the mos eisely map on tatooine.

Edit: i remember hearing that at least 10 planets for Ep.3 are confirmed and probably more so the last 3 could very well be all from ep.3.
 Mountainforest
04-14-2004, 2:55 PM
Kamino could belong more tot the episode III movie then to the episode II movie, because there wasn't any big foghting going on (only Jango vs Obi Wan, but that's not enough to amuse 32 people).
Page: 1 of 1