Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

the best and fastest way to get models in sp

Page: 1 of 1
 kmd
02-07-2004, 2:11 PM
This should be the thread to end all "iw ant npc's for sp" type threads :cool: now instead of going through the entire long way to get your mp modles, like general windu and dash rendar into sp, all you have to do is http://www.pcgamemods.com/3648/) download that, and begin the easiest thing you everr done, make the npc, choose what color, weapon, health, sounds, hight, anything, this thing kicks butt and has no side effects at all. simply save you npc with the custom name you tagged on, and spawn them in single player ;) there are no side effects, like some of the npc packs you dl mess with vehicles and some texures, this has none of that! that is why it gets a perfect 10 on the site, only mod ever to have a 10! and keep it for along time...so what ya waiting on, dl and have fun
 Crow_Nest
02-07-2004, 2:55 PM
This is the 3rd time im saying this:

I keep getting some error message when i try to install, do i need to download some kind of software first?

Cause the readme didnt say anything.
 kmd
02-07-2004, 4:58 PM
never heard of this, do you have the new patch?
 Andy867
02-07-2004, 5:17 PM
I've noticed that many of the new executable coming out by fans require the microsoft .net passport in order to run properly. Not sure if this is the case or not, but something to check into.
 GothiX
02-07-2004, 5:28 PM
Leslie Judge isn't that weird, methinks. I'll just point him in this direction when I speak to him again. :)
 Kurgan
02-07-2004, 8:28 PM
That is strange. In the past nobody needed .NET to run their executables, why are they relying on it now?

Call me ignorant or behind-the-times, but isn't .NET simply a way to manage all your passwords into one account (sounds like a bad case of "putting all your eggs into one basket")?

Then again, maybe this is just another symptom of the disease known as WinXP, after all, we still get people asking how to open PK3 files since they don't realize that file extensions are turned off by default (a very stupid idea for security reasons)...

Okay I'm getting off an an anti-M$ rant now, so if anybody can explain .NET to me and why it's becoming so prevelant, feel free.
 Crow_Nest
02-08-2004, 12:50 AM
Yes i have the patch installed, i have .NET 1.1 i think.
 Andy867
02-08-2004, 1:14 AM
Yea, but .Net with microsoft also ties into the new visual basic stuff that users create on Windows platforms. Just another way to get people to use MORE Microsoft stuff.
 Kengo
02-08-2004, 2:45 PM
Like we weren't forced to use enough MS stuff already :mad:

This tool deserves some more publicity, its a great bit of work for SP authors like myself :D

EDIT: Potential pitfall I just noticed - I have two based folders. You want Gamedata/Base, not the other Base folder that appears alongside Gamedata.
 Kengo
02-09-2004, 2:16 AM
UPDATE: I love you Kal El and LJ, this is the greatest thing ever. Really guys, wow.
 Dark Lord Vader
02-09-2004, 4:54 AM
Where do you save the files and can you use the playermodel for yourself?
 Dark Lord Vader
02-16-2004, 2:36 AM
bump
 EvilKnick
03-18-2004, 12:22 PM
Is there a program similar to this for uploading new skins for single player player characters?
Page: 1 of 1