Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Attribute Cap/Force Valor Bug

Page: 1 of 1
 Zgred_2
02-05-2004, 7:51 AM
Hi!
I'd like to say that I am new to this forum and came here just to find this out. I want to use this (http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=311493&forum=27&sp=0) build, but it seems there's a bug/cap that doesn't allow you to hit the 58/59 AC. The author metions a mod that fixes this. Could anybody help me wit acquiring this mod? Thanks in advance!!
 T7nowhere
02-05-2004, 10:42 AM
Can you please point out the specific part where it mentions the mod so that maybe i can help and here is a list of mods and mod sites you may find what you want there http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122049)
 Kitty Kitty
02-05-2004, 10:59 AM
Well... I've read through the whole thread (from the above link) and I saw no reference to any sort of mod that was needed or even mentioned.

It sounded like that character build was intended to function with an "out of the box" installation, but it also sounded as though you may have to do some of the powers and stims etc in a certain order.. though if the order was actually given I'm not sure.

Also of course, be sure to patch the game if you haven't already. Might make a difference, but I never tested it to know for sure.

So unless you can be a bit more specific as to where the mention of this "fix mod" is.. I don't think I can be any more help. :(

-Kitty
 Zgred_2
02-05-2004, 11:19 AM
T7nowhere: Yes, I looked through that thread but couldn't find it.

To both of you: It's on page 3.

A word of warning:

There is currently a limit to the combined bonus to AC that can be gained from feats, powers and robes of +10 - check the combat logs to see for yourself. That's at least 5 points off your estimated AC right there. Anything that changes your AC number to green falls under this cap, and I've tested it extensively with robes, speed and force armour.

If you've found a way around this cap I am very, very keen to hear the exact details.

It is through a mod. Won't mention anything else, since I might be braking some crazy law or something.

Using a mod to make an elite character build kinda defeats the purpose of this thread entirely, doesn't it?

No. The mod, in terms of gameplay, doesn't give the player any advantage at all. It merely removes the Attribute Cap, which shouldn't even be there, solves the Force Power's defense bonus not stacking up correctly and some other issues. It is a legitimate build, and might work if BioWare solves the Power Defense bug along with the Attribute cap.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of that.:)
 Zgred_2
02-06-2004, 8:38 AM
*BUMP*
Page: 1 of 1