Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I need your help guys (cl_parsepacketentities)

Page: 1 of 1
 Lackhand
02-04-2004, 11:34 PM
First of all i'd like to say hi to all & thanks to anyone who can help me.
Here goes.

When i try to play SWJA in MP i can connect to a server but it seems within 20 secs i get this error message CL-ParsePacketEntities error & get droped from the server and this happens over and over again.
I have no idea what this means so i checked out a few forums and the Lucas website but found nothing of any help, i then tried reinstalling the game and it works fine without the latest update but as soon as i put the update on i get the same error.
I'm pretty sure its not my system ( i could be wrong ) as it's none to shaby with all the latsest drivers but just incase here's the basic spec.

2800 xp barton
Nforce 2 Mobo
1/2 gig ddr 400
GForce FX5900

Hope someone has some idea's
And thanks again for any help
 Amidala from Chop Shop
02-05-2004, 12:02 AM
 TK-8252
02-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Luc Solar
CL_ParsePacketEntities translates into i have pirated

Originally posted by Kurgan
if anyone posts asking how to fix the following error in JA:

cl_parsepackentities (or similar) you WILL BE BANNED.

Originally posted by Kurgan
If you get the following error in JA or JK2, "CL_parsepacketentities" end of file or whatever, WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT.

Raven has stated before that this error comes from using an illegal exe file (be it a cd crack, hacked exe in a warez, etc).

They don't support it. There is no known fix that will help you, even if you claim to have a legit copy.

People keep posting endlessly about this error and we are powerless to help you.

So STOP posting. Post it in some other forum other than LucasForums. I already warned people they'd be banned, yet they still persist in posting about this error as if we can fix it for them.

WE CAN'T.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/positive7.jpg)
 Master William
02-05-2004, 12:20 AM
Very funny... lol
Anyway I have some friends who have this error too, and they got banned and deleted from numerous forums. Yet they bought the game, which is quite obvious when I see their manual and CD.
 Kurgan
02-05-2004, 2:34 AM
Try updating your network drivers.

The most common cause of this problem (according to Raven) is the use of "illegal" exes, which means using CD cracks or hacked exe files associated with warez (pirated) versions of the game including the "leaked beta").

Remove all versions of the game that are not legit (and even remove the demo completely if you had it installed) and reinstall from the original CD and use the original CD in your drive (ie: not a cloned disc) and see if you still get the error.

Try installing the official 1.01 patch from LucasArts.com.

Nobody really knows how to fix the problem (assuming you're honest) though so you're on your own... sorry.
Page: 1 of 1