Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Some npcs are mindtrickable/some aren't?

Page: 1 of 1
 AIVAS
02-04-2004, 2:59 AM
I have some very basic experience modding saber files and npcs, but I'm unable to figure out how to make certain enemies immune/vunerable to mindtrick, is there a certain line in the .NPC file I missed? because I thought I heard about someone changed hazardtroopers to where they could be gripped, and stuff like evil jedi could be mindtricked to fight for you.
 Crow_Nest
02-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Because mind trick wont work on more powerful enemies like shadowtrooper or dark jedi or friendly NPCs.

It only works on the weak minded. :rolleyes:
 Bishuse
02-04-2004, 12:27 PM
mind trick is somehow distance-related as well.

i've played around with the assets1.pk3 file and found no obvious variable in npc configs about whether a character can be mind trickable or not. i'll check again and if i find something that may interest you, i'll follow up.
 Prime
02-04-2004, 1:54 PM
I don't really know about this, but perhaps it has something to do with their Force Seeing level?
 Kengo
02-04-2004, 2:28 PM
This should help:
http://www.pcgamemods.com/3648)

You can make someone immune to force powers with ICARUS scripting certainly. I think its possible in the NPC files, I can't be sure though. It could possibly be coded into what NPC type they are (eg Reborn are all immune).
 AIVAS
02-04-2004, 11:39 PM
I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for, I already have that though, I'll check to see if I missed it somehow, what I need, is a way to make certain npcs that normally are not affected by mindtrick ARE affected by it, and some that are affected aren't, anyone know how I can do that?
 Crow_Nest
02-05-2004, 9:53 AM
Originally posted by Kengo
This should help:
http://www.pcgamemods.com/3648)

You can make someone immune to force powers with ICARUS scripting certainly. I think its possible in the NPC files, I can't be sure though. It could possibly be coded into what NPC type they are (eg Reborn are all immune).

I downloaded the file, keep getting an error messgae whenever i try to open the .exe file.
 Jedi_Vogel
02-06-2004, 9:31 AM
You mean you want to mind trick Shadowtroopers and reborn :lol: ;)
 GothiX
02-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by AIVAS
I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for, I already have that though, I'll check to see if I missed it somehow, what I need, is a way to make certain npcs that normally are not affected by mindtrick ARE affected by it, and some that are affected aren't, anyone know how I can do that?
Icarus scripts;

set(<SET_TYPES>"SET_NO_MINDTRICK", <BOOL_TYPES>"false");

Should do the trick.
Page: 1 of 1