Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Mod:White/Tan Jedi Robes

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 2:32 PM
I made a small mod that makes it so when the Player character wears Jedi robes (any jedi-robe class robe, even darkjedi), they get the white/tan robes seen worn by the jedi on Datooine. I wasn't going to post this, but a few people asked for it and I have not seen anyone else do it. So here are some screens and the actual mod. Just extract the appearance.2da into the overide folder as usual. If you have another mod that overrides the appearance.2da, obviously, they will not work together :D

EDIT: Links removed until I find somewhere better to host my files. Apparently angelfire complained that too many people downloaded/viewed my site so they closed it. I never liked them anyways.
 Prime
01-30-2004, 6:17 PM
I haven't downloaded it yet (I'm at work), and I haven't really looked at how these things are done, but is the "texture" a part of what goes in the override folder? So if I wanted to make my own robes, are the required textures included in this mod? Just wondering...

Also, when I try to look at the screenshots, I get:

The page you are attempting to access has been removed because it violated Angelfire's Term of Service.

Can't wait to try this out though :)
 Supreme-Lord
01-30-2004, 6:24 PM
Screenshot links not working, can u change it.
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 6:27 PM
Bah, angelfire probably doesn't like that I hosted a file there for download. To answer question, it does not change any textures, it just uses the same textures of the robes in-game.
 JacenRPrime
01-30-2004, 6:29 PM
does this add a totally new robe or does it replace one of the brown/red/blue ones
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 8:13 PM
It replaces all the robes. I was thinking of updating it to make a new robe, but right at this point I am working on a few things before I do anything else here. If anyone would like this mod, just e-mail me at StrykeAzrael@aol.com Also, if someone could host it, that would be great as well.
 JacenRPrime
01-30-2004, 10:22 PM
I would prefer to wait till it is released as a new item...hopefully as a Jedi Master robe...but I will wait until it's ready. If it is ever made.
 Drakron
01-30-2004, 10:32 PM
I would not mind if it just replaced Qel-Droma robes.
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 10:36 PM
It replaces all the jedi-class robes. That includes the Qel-Droma robes. I Do plan on adding it as a new item eventually, but as I said I have a few other projects I am working on first.
 Drakron
01-30-2004, 10:43 PM
I kinda like the model but I dont want to affect how the Jedi Concil looks since the Bik player makes painfuly obvious any change but then again, its unlikely that Bastila says those words on Dantooine unless we travel back.

I notice that it looks like its the jedi classes default clothing, one of the Jedi females in the LS end movie uses diferent clothing model and that makes me wonder if BioWare did not have a diferent cloth model for each jedi class.
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Actually, it does not modify ANY npc's appearances. It ONLY changes the way your main character looks when wearing the robes.
 Drakron
01-31-2004, 4:29 AM
I think I figured out what you did.

You alter the Modoli and Texi so they point to N_JediCounF (and N_jediCounM).

Well I have some bad news, the medal vanishes if we use then, (using the N_JediMem also vanishes it), there was some problems in FPS (likely because I was testing on a scoundrel, nothing serious just parts of the mesh sticking out) and naturaly there is no longer class size diferences if we use then.

Some things did happened when I switch to DS robes and the red robes, the texture also changed.

Pretty niffy trick, I just did the same for the Jedi party NPCs to keep their default clothing when putting robes on.
 Darth Stryke
01-31-2004, 4:55 AM
Yes, that is what I did, I edited the appearance.2da. Strangely enough, however, when I tested it I did not see the errors you reported having. I tested it with each class (made a new game)
 Drakron
01-31-2004, 5:07 AM
Well it happened to me, I play at 800x600 with pretty much everything turn on and only tested with a scoundrel on the star forge.

I dont consider to be a major problem and if I figure out how the Sith Armor/Sand people trick was done I can do the same by pointing some jedi robes to use that trick.

But my real mod goal is find out were the swoop race times are stored and add a few seconds to then.
 juleswindu
01-31-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Drakron
But my real mod goal is find out were the swoop race times are stored and add a few seconds to then.

The race times for Manaam and Tatooine are in 'k_inc_man.nss' and 'k_inc_tat.nss'. I don't know much about scripting but this files seem not to be used by the game directly.

I think that to change the race times, first we have to find the scripts that use the race times information and then recompile them with the modified 'k_inc_XXX.nss' files.
 darth makaan
01-31-2004, 9:34 PM
where can i find pics?
 Jolinar
02-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Pretty nifty trick, I just did the same for the Jedi party NPCs to keep their default clothing when putting robes on.

Now if I can get that put in a mod along with the White/Tan Jedi Robes that replaced the Jedi Robes and Bandon's Robes that replaced Dark Jedi Robes I will be all set! *Hint, hint* *cough, cough* :D

Jolinar
 Darth Stryke
02-02-2004, 12:40 AM
Actually Jolinar, that mod has been made already. There is a thread about it, if you cannot find it I will see if I can find it and send it to you although I did not make it, but I think I have it somewhere.

Edit: Nevermind, I thought you meant bandons robes, but you are saying both at once. It is relatively easy to do, you just have to make a completely new item.
 Jolinar
02-02-2004, 4:12 PM
Ah, you make it sound sooo easy. Well if I knew how to edit and make items I would try it. However I have a feeling that you have to Hex Edit the items so that idea is down the drain, as I have no skills at all with Hex Editing. I would probably screw up my game before I did anything useful.

I thought it may be as simple as opening a item file up into a text editor but that did not work.

Jolinar
 Darth Stryke
02-02-2004, 4:36 PM
Heh, as far as I am aware, no hex editing is necessary. All you have to do is add a new line to the appearance.2da and make a new armor class for your robes and then modify the robes .uti file to match that so it will work.
 Jolinar
02-02-2004, 4:57 PM
*blank stare* uh, yeah….. Sounds simple doesn’t it? Well I bet it does to you, I guess I will just screw around with it till I get it right.

Jolinar
 Drakron
02-02-2004, 5:02 PM
Its easy, we just use text editor to add the new fields but a pain because all new fields have <null> intead of the *s and that force us to change all the new fields entry.
 Jolinar
02-02-2004, 5:17 PM
It..... hurts..... I have figured out how to edit baseac and bonusdex but that is about as far as I have gotten. I have no clue how I'm going to do this.

Jolinar

<edit>Excellent it is all falling together I think I may have it figured out.<edit>

<edit>Well maybe I jumped the gun abit, what do I want to change to what to get the NPC's to wear their default clothing when they equip jedi robes?<edit>

<edit>Alright I figured out how to have the NPC's wear their cloths while wearing Jedi Robes, now I just have two more things to do. But I'm having a problem; I cannot reopen a .2da file after I have saved it.

I get a "header is invalid" error it’s not a big deal but it is a pain to have to make all my changes over again.

I was going to look up and see what was changed in the bandon’s robe mod so I could do the same in mine but since I get that error I cannot open it so I’m in the dark as how to do that. If someone could enlighten me it would be most helpful.<edit>

<edit>Yet another edit! *sigh* Ok I started up the game with the changes I made to the NPC's so their jedi robes would look like their cloths. Well I dunno what happened but I made a mistake someplace. All the models are screwed up! Everyone has a model of some creature or NPC in the game, and they change each time even the player model is messed up.

I don’t know how what I did could have done this. All I did was point modeli / texi to the text under modelb / texb which I thought would work, and I only did that to the three jedi characters.<edit>
 gibonni
02-16-2004, 9:16 PM
If it's not a problem could you maybe mail the mod here: sk8steve_berra@yahoo.com
 Commas
02-18-2004, 10:47 PM
i agree with drakron's idea about the Qel-droma robes, which while better than regular robes, are just as boring and dull, if you or someone could make a mod that only made the Qel-droma robes tan or off-white (white robes wouldn't work well simply because these robes have been sitting a cave for a very long time, they're gonna get dirty) it would make them seem more special and light sidey
 Hekx
02-19-2004, 3:33 PM
I can host. Email me at hekxed [at] ntlworld.com. ;)
 Sunslayer
02-22-2004, 3:40 AM
Can anyone explain to me where I'd find the file that contains texture info for the Qel-Droma robes so I can make them white only?
 T7nowhere
02-22-2004, 4:14 AM
Originally posted by Sunslayer
Can anyone explain to me where I'd find the file that contains texture info for the Qel-Droma robes so I can make them white only?

The texture for Qel-Droma robes is "PMBI01" is if you want the tan jedi robes you need to look at N_JediCoutF01 to N_JedimenM03 if you take one male and one female vesion and name them to PMBI01 and PFBI01 that should do what you want. although that will make all the brown robes look tan so change the numerical part to a number not used say 20 on both and that will make them unique.

I think.

It's worth a try :)

edit: oh I also forgot to mantion that the number on the tex has to be the same as the TextureVar in the g_a_jedirobe06.uti(which is Qel-Droma's)

oh ya one more thing you might have to edit a new model and tex type in Appearance.2da.
 Commas
02-23-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
The texture for Qel-Droma robes is "PMBI01" is if you want the tan jedi robes you need to look at N_JediCoutF01 to N_JedimenM03 if you take one male and one female vesion and name them to PMBI01 and PFBI01 that should do what you want. although that will make all the brown robes look tan so change the numerical part to a number not used say 20 on both and that will make them unique.

I think.

It's worth a try :)

edit: oh I also forgot to mantion that the number on the tex has to be the same as the TextureVar in the g_a_jedirobe06.uti(which is Qel-Droma's)

oh ya one more thing you might have to edit a new model and tex type in Appearance.2da.

so i tried this out and man, do those robes look ugly as sin. i took some screen shots, but i have no place to host them. i think i know what the problem is tho, if you look at the texture file in KOTOR Tool's image viewer for the Qel-droma robes (or rather just the texture for the brown robes) and the texture files for the NPC jedis (the white robes) the layout is completely different from one another.

how ever, the last thing there, about editing a new model and text type in appearance.2da, i didnt do that, since i didnt really know what that meant, so that could have been my problem.

i think what might be easier is to just take the tex file of one of the equipable texture files and just make it white in photoshop, which is what i think i will try next

if anyone wants to see the screen shots of what happened when i tried this or wants the files i edited to see what i did wrong you can let me know here or email me at i_like_commas@earthlink.net
 Drakron
02-23-2004, 12:52 AM
I know, there is a way to add new Model and Tex fields but that means you have to edit all the entries since it will display <null>.

I tried doing that and the effort is simply too great and anoying, heck even the far easier role of switch the Scout model with the Scoundrel model was a pain in the ass even when I taken shortcuts to make it as fast as possible and I could test it right away as with doing that we are not even sure that it will even work.
 T7nowhere
02-23-2004, 12:55 AM
I had looked at the npc jedi robes nemo is wearing after I posted and it is a different model. Thats why it didn't work.

The way the differant armors work in the game is that there 10 models that are used for the PC and NPC partymembers then the textures are overlaid on the models.

So the only way I think it would work is to add a new model for the PC and each party member then in the uti for the item you would point it to the new model number I haven't tried it yet, but it seems logical that it would work. I think I will try it when I have enough time.
 T7nowhere
02-23-2004, 1:01 AM
I know, there is a way to add new Model and Tex fields but that means you have to edit all the entries since it will display <null>.

I tried doing that and the effort is simply too great and anoying, heck even the far easier role of switch the Scout model with the Scoundrel model was a pain in the ass even when I taken shortcuts to make it as fast as possible and I could test it right away as with doing that we are not even sure that it will even work.

maybe we can sway Fred into adding support for adding new colums into 2da editing with KT, If we show a reason to add that ability into 2da editing then he will probly take the time to do it.

nudge nudge :)
 Drakron
02-23-2004, 1:06 AM
That would be a time saver since the only things sould be needing editing would be the player and NPC model.
Page: 1 of 1