Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Improved Stormtrooper

Page: 1 of 1
 Infinity Blade
01-30-2004, 11:03 AM
I've already posted in the Model Showcase forum about this, but figured I'd start a thread here just in case some of you don't go there.

Hap's trooper is mostly done... needs a few adjustments here or there, but shouldn't be much longer now. Here's a shot of it in-game, in a side by side comparison to JO's model.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/st-ingame.jpg)

Would've had a Sandtrooper shot too.. but I'm too tired tonight. :D
 Ackehallgren
01-30-2004, 4:21 PM
WOW!
 The_One
01-30-2004, 5:58 PM
What's the difference?

:p
 HapSlash
01-30-2004, 7:25 PM
:explode:
 TK-8252
01-30-2004, 9:09 PM
:lol:

Is there any chance that we may be seeing HapSlash's Stormtrooper in the new demo now that the Stormtrooper has gotten ingame?
 HapSlash
01-31-2004, 12:27 AM
I would say most definitely,...

I was hoping to have it done a few weeks ago so it could be included in the trailer, but he wasn't finished yet.

So,... as soon as I get the textures squared away, and the weighting completely optimized, I'll be sending him off to be incorporated with the rest of the Mod.
 TK-8252
01-31-2004, 1:04 AM
Yay!

What ever happened to your X-Wing Pilot? I thought he was going to be released first... although, I'd much rather see the Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper. :D
 HapSlash
01-31-2004, 1:18 AM
He was, but after getting him weighted and watching him move around, I didn't think he looked any better than the Jedi Accademy pilot.

So,... I've been thinking about going back and remaking parts of it. And, rather than push other projects back farther, I've decided to just wait on that one untill it looks a bit better.
 Mercenary
01-31-2004, 7:21 AM
HapSlash, your models kick ass! :thmbup1:
 The Cheat
02-01-2004, 6:21 PM
major improvement over the raven stormtrooper

any chance you will release a mod that replaces the raven stormtrooper with that one?
 TK-8252
02-01-2004, 8:04 PM
Originally posted by The Cheat
major improvement over the raven stormtrooper

any chance you will release a mod that replaces the raven stormtrooper with that one? Heh, if HapSlash names the model "stormtrooper" it'll automatically overwrite the old one, no mod needed. Although if you want the Sandtroopers in there you would have to make a mod. (Which I plan to do.)
 HapSlash
02-02-2004, 7:15 AM
I probably will do that. I can't imagine anyone who would download it, and not want it to replace the original.

I'm not 100% certain how the SP npc surfaces work right now though, I've never really given it a lot of thought before,...
 J_Bond
02-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Is there a possibility to use the improved stormtoopers on Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, too? It would be a pity to miss these outstanding models in these games.
 t3rr0r
02-21-2004, 7:31 PM
Originally posted by J_Bond
Is there a possibility to use the improved stormtoopers on Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, too? It would be a pity to miss these outstanding models in these games.
yes, he's making the model for both games.
Page: 1 of 1