Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

need Bandon Armor mod made, please

Page: 1 of 2
 Muskrat
01-30-2004, 12:24 AM
I'd like a mod the makes Bandon's armor into a robe (so it' can be used with armor restriced powers, I don't want to use the modified spells.2da), and that also changes how it looks. Instead of looking like fiber armor, I want it to look like a robe. If it could be made to look like what Bandon actually wears, thats'd be awsome, but I'd settle for it looking like a Dark Jedi Master Robe.

looks like this:
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/12/web/384000-384999/384288_50.jpg)
 eidospsogos
01-30-2004, 12:40 AM
Bandon wears armor. he doesn't wear a robe. the only thing that resembles a robe on his in-game model is his pants. i agree that his armor looks much better on him. but as for turning into robes that would be tough as no robe in the game comes close to resmbling his armor's appearance on him.

now it could be possible to change an armor, his would be the best choice, to associate with the bandon player model in appearances.2da. you just need to look up the reference for his appearance and paste it into the appearance slot for his amor, and presto chango, you should then look like bandon when you put it on. this however, may change your head as well, i am unsure.

the idea interests me though, so i may play around with it.
 Muskrat
01-30-2004, 12:51 AM
i know for a fact that you can change the armor to act as if it is a robe. this is a how to in one of the posts, but I don't have and editor for KotOR (and I can't download the .NET framework onto this system because it isn't mine) so the one here i can't use. I'm not asking for the armor to look like a robe, but to act like 1. I want it to look like what Bandon wears (look like what he has on in that pic)
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 1:07 AM
I know what post you are referring to, because I asked this very question. It is possible, but I have yet to actually accomplish it due to lack of time. If I get it done, I will post it here for download.
 eidospsogos
01-30-2004, 1:24 AM
it's alot easier to edit the armor penalty though. :) though i would like bandon's armor with a player charcater's head.
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 1:47 AM
Alright. I am working on making Darth Bandon's armor appear as Bandon's clothing, with the player head. I may or may not bother with the force power thing, since there are other mods that do the same already. Wish me luck.
 eidospsogos
01-30-2004, 2:15 AM
oh i definitely wish you luck my friend. you get this accomplished and you are my hero. :)
 Muskrat
01-30-2004, 2:26 AM
same here. good luck. The force power thing would be sweet, because I don't want to hack the game too much...
 gameunlimited
01-30-2004, 2:46 AM
not sure if this is what you want, but here's what i did. all jedi robes will look like bandon's robe. simply equip any jedi robes. you will still be able to cast force restricted powers.

this affects only male PC characters though.

http://alvin777t.tripod.com/mods/bandon.zip)
(must copy and paste this into the address bar manually, otherwise the link wont work)
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 2:57 AM
Heh, you beat me to it. Well, I think this is what they are looking for (and me) so I will try it out.
 Stator
01-30-2004, 3:36 AM
Excellent work gameunlimited. This is what I am talking about. Now my dark jedi guardian is looking like someone not to mess around with.....hehehe

Stator
 Supreme-Lord
01-30-2004, 6:34 AM
Cant get it from that page. Can someone post it to working link.
 Stator
01-30-2004, 11:00 AM
If you are using windows, just right click on the link and choose save target as. Then the save dialog box will come up. That's what I always do and it always works for me.

Stator
 Muskrat
01-30-2004, 6:49 PM
what lines did you edit in the appearences.2da to do that?
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 8:17 PM
You have to change a lot in the appearance.2da to make it work for EVERY player character race/class. Kitty told me how to do it in a thread, and I will just link you to that since it is kinda hard to explain.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122003)

Just scroll down in that thread and look for the long post. :D
 Muskrat
01-31-2004, 2:00 AM
ok, so I made bandons armor into a robe, the problem is it looks like a Jedi Master Robe. How do i change it to look like a dark jedi master robe (i.e change the color to black)
 deadevil
02-02-2004, 4:35 PM
i try this mod and it s really great but why not just replace Bandon Armor instead of replace all jedi robes.
 Drakron
02-02-2004, 4:57 PM
Its possible but a pain because we need to make new Model and Tex fields and then link the item to use that field.
 Bizz_
02-02-2004, 6:52 PM
I love it. The mod is exactly what i wanted. He is wearing the coolest robe. But i would like to know if it also would be possible to transform some mask into malaks mask and add it to this mod.
 gameunlimited
02-02-2004, 6:54 PM
malak has mask? ive never seen one, but if by that you mean is the malak's face, yes it is doable.
 deadevil
02-02-2004, 7:20 PM
Ok but is it possible to replace Dark revan's robe with the one you ve made for Bandon?

The revan's one has good proprieties but Bandon's one has more style
 Bizz_
02-02-2004, 7:44 PM
Originally posted by gameunlimited
malak has mask? ive never seen one, but if by that you mean is the malak's face, yes it is doable.

well i mean the metalthing which is where his mouth once was.
would be very cool.
 Drakron
02-02-2004, 10:49 PM
The "metal thing" is part of his head mesh and so it not possible to even try until we can create meshes recognized by the game.
 Bizz_
02-03-2004, 4:01 PM
Okay, i expected that.
 Bizz_
02-03-2004, 9:30 PM
But is there a tutorial or something that explains how to manage this appeareance stuff. 'Cause i dont want the jedi robes to change into bendons robe i want revan robe to change into it.
 Muskrat
02-03-2004, 10:14 PM
go to the place where you can download carnival, arena, etc.. (i'm lazy or i'd post the url) and he has a modding tutorial there
 deadevil
02-03-2004, 10:16 PM
yes just like me but it seems it s not possible or no one want to help us :'(
 Stator
02-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Muskrat
go to the place where you can download carnival, arena, etc.. (i'm lazy or i'd post the url) and he has a modding tutorial there

The author of those mods is Talchia. A link to his site can be found in the Lists of downloads - Tools and mods thread which is stickied at the top of the thread listings.

Stator
 deadevil
02-03-2004, 10:30 PM
thanks but tutarials are about change apparence of the characters, not replace an armor with an other one.
 eidospsogos
02-03-2004, 10:50 PM
it's simple. you open appearances.2da with kotor tool. you lok up the name of the apperance you want such as N_DarthBand is the name for Darth Bandon's model. then you look up the name of the item you are wanting to replace. in the list for model a or model b will be a description such pmbe. this directly links to skin files. so find a skin that corresponds to the model you are wanting to replace with Bandon's model. PMBE06 i think is exarkun's armor. so that means that PMBE is the model fro armor class 6. so if you wanted to replace armor class 6 with bandon's models, then you would enter N_DarthBand at every entry for PMBE.

so find the skin for revan's robes, then find a corresponding entry in appearances.2da and replace it with bandon's model entry. the reason it will replace all armors of that class, is because appearances.2da gives a generic model for the entire class. and the specific item entry tells the game which skin to load. so, since you are replacing a model, you will be replacing every armor in that class, as it is with one model, and several skins.
 deadevil
02-03-2004, 11:35 PM
thanks for your help

You said that "it will replace all armors of that class" but Revan's robe has a special entry so it would just replace it and no other robes or armors?!
 Shimaon
02-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by gameunlimited
not sure if this is what you want, but here's what i did. all jedi robes will look like bandon's robe. simply equip any jedi robes. you will still be able to cast force restricted powers.

this affects only male PC characters though.

http://alvin777t.tripod.com/mods/bandon.zip)
(must copy and paste this into the address bar manually, otherwise the link wont work)
Do you think you could add on to that to make another one that, when equipping jedi robes, turns it into Bandon's armor, but when equipping Dark Jedi Robes of any kind it would turn it into the young jedi Malak's robes?
I believe he is referred to in appearence.2da as "unique_jedi_malek"

EDIT: just read eidos's post, so I see its not possible

EDIT 2: Alrighty... I just tried just changing caucasians to to Jedi Malak, but Malak's head was there, and was textured like the robe and clipped through my characters head. How did you prevent this with Bandon?
 eidospsogos
02-04-2004, 1:27 AM
i think bandon's model used an already existent head model. it did not have a unique head model associated with the model as from what you stated would be the case with the malak model. check and see, but if malak's model references do not have a separate head reference i would guess that is the problem.
 Shimaon
02-04-2004, 1:42 AM
Originally posted by eidospsogos
i think bandon's model used an already existent head model. it did not have a unique head model associated with the model as from what you stated would be the case with the malak model. check and see, but if malak's model references do not have a separate head reference i would guess that is the problem.
Yeah, but I checked and Bandon's didn't have a head either...

The mystery builds...
 Muskrat
02-04-2004, 3:31 PM
if you just replace the model with that of bandons, the head will change. Bandon's head is part of the whole model, ti isn't separate like most. (same with Malak)
 Ellderon
02-06-2004, 9:58 AM
So...untill we figure this out there is no way to make a bandon armour without his head...bummer...

If anyone of you get's it right, let me know...
I want to make a "lightside" version of the same armour
(white textures)
 gameunlimited
02-06-2004, 10:12 AM
are we talking about bandon's robe (the one that we can't actually get) or bandon's fiber armor?

either way, i think both model does not include the head model. bandon's head model is #14, the robe's model and texture have the same name: "N_DarthBand".
 Ellderon
02-06-2004, 11:12 AM
I mean the black one...the Bandon model one...too bad it comes with his head...

Imagine a white armour/robe (or whatever that mix is) like that...

sweet
 eidospsogos
02-06-2004, 6:04 PM
bandon's armor does not come with his head. the mod above that allows your character to wear bandon's armor as it looks on him, does not replace your characters head with bandon's. so NO, bandon's armor model does not include his head. anyone who had downloaded the above mod and tried it, would know your character's head remains the same, when N_Darthband is used as a reference for the armor it is replacing. so i have no idea what you people are talking about. try the mod out, and then tell me how bandon's head model could not possibly be separate, considering it's your head in his armor.
 Ellderon
02-06-2004, 6:24 PM
So it can be done?

Wheeeee!

Now, if comeone could make a copy of it, rename it, and make white textures (with golden trims) for it, I would die as a happy man.

Darn...I've been trying to download the NetFramework, but I'm having some trouble with it...on my connection it will take bloody hours....
And without it KOTOR Tool doesn't work...arrrrgh!!!!
 Ellderon
02-07-2004, 6:00 PM
I start downloading NetFramework..play worms3d a littel...what? where's the download? nothin?
Gozilla doesn't move at all....darn...It will take weeks at this rate before I can do some modding at all!!!:mad:

I don't want to wait that long....

so: can anyone make the above mentioned robe....PWETTY PWEAAASEEEE??

EDIT: The armoured part should not look metalic like, more like some sort of fiber/plasitc/kevlar...something...
 Ellderon
02-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Hmm... I can't download it...Something about a Tripoid Error..

It will replace any robe (on the PC) wiht Bandon's armour....nah..that's not what I was looking for...

Let me go in detailed explanation:
A single item, and only wearing that item will change the the PC apperance (but will keep his head) to Bandon-like....only a wite coloured armour/robe..

EDIT: KOTOR Tolls work now! Yay! Now I can get to work!
 Stator
02-08-2004, 4:54 AM
I could use a little help please. I studied the bandon armor mod that gameunlimited made and figured out what he did. Using this knowledge in conjunction with my personal jedi party member mod, I know have Canderous wearing Darth Bandon's armor. I have taken this a step further and now Canderous resembles Darth Malak whenever he dons a jedi robe. I can also do this with my player character. What I need to know is the player model listings. Exanctly which model number corresponds with which portrait. Does anyone have this listed already? I only use a few models and I would prefer to only alter those rather than every male plaer model in the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Stator
 Kitty Kitty
02-08-2004, 5:18 AM
I haven't looked to be certain, but the female head textures seem to go like this:

PFHx0n, where x is A, B, or C and n is just a number in sequence from 1 to 5.

On the females, A=Asian, B=Black, C=Caucasian.

And please note that I use the above choices of words simply because they correspond to the letters.. not out of any concious choice of being either polite or insulting. ;)

But anyways.. the only way I saw to figure it out is click through the possible head models.. when say the first caucasian comes up, you're on PFHC01, and then you'll go through the other 4 of those. Same for the asian and black ones.

I would highly suspect the male ones work pretty much identical to that. So basically you could figure out which is which pretty quick by jotting a couple notes as you scroll through the (15 by default) head choices for male or female. :)

-Kitty
 Stator
02-08-2004, 6:15 AM
Thanks for the input Kitty. As I peruse the appearance.2da file, I suspect that your logic is correct. Several npcs are listed as *_asian, *_black, and *_caucasian. I'll go through them one at a time tomorrow and test this theory.

Right now I am trying to figure out how to get the appearance of Malak's armor without the helmet. There is a nice part to it though. I do get the increased height that Malak has and I also get his saber flourish. When I use Revan's armor I keep my face and the hood is actually up also. The bad part of Revan is the clipping. At certain positions, the green light from my sensor shows through the hood and I just can't stand his boots clipping through his cape.

If I find away to delete these problems, I'll post them asap.

Thanks for the help.

Stator
 Stator
02-08-2004, 7:12 AM
Originally posted by Ellderon
So it can be done?

Wheeeee!

Now, if comeone could make a copy of it, rename it, and make white textures (with golden trims) for it, I would die as a happy man.

Darn...I've been trying to download the NetFramework, but I'm having some trouble with it...on my connection it will take bloody hours....
And without it KOTOR Tool doesn't work...arrrrgh!!!!

While testing a different issue, I ran acroos something that may be close to what you want. Rather than using N_DarthBand to get Bandon's armor, use N_SithAppren. This will give the armor with a silvery chestplate. I know that it isn't recolored with the gold trim but it is closer to what you wanted. Hope this helps.

Stator
 Ellderon
02-08-2004, 7:01 PM
Thanks for your help....

There is one problem tough...the above mentioned MOD (which I can't download...stupid Tripoid!) will make EVERY robe look like bandons...and I don't want that..I only want one robe to look like it...

Oh wel...I'll return to browsing all the files and maby I can come up with something usefull!
 Stator
02-08-2004, 7:33 PM
Originally posted by Ellderon
Thanks for your help....

There is one problem tough...the above mentioned MOD (which I can't download...stupid Tripoid!) will make EVERY robe look like bandons...and I don't want that..I only want one robe to look like it...

Oh wel...I'll return to browsing all the files and maby I can come up with something usefull!

Send me your email address and I will send you the file. All you have to do is open up the file and go to line 136. That is the first male player character. Then scroll to the right until you reach column modeli and texi. This is where the changes are. You will see that these columns read N_DarthBand for all of the male player models. Change them to read the following:

modeli - PMBIM
texi - PMBI

This will put them back to their original states. Thanks to Kitty, you can determine which model is which very easily. They correspond to A-Asian, B-Black, and C-Caucasian. A quick run through of the portrait selection screen will give you the correct number to use.

Just send me a line if you have any other questions. I learned all of this from the friendly people who frequent these forums.

Stator
 Muskrat
02-08-2004, 8:58 PM
to make just 1 robe look like that your going to have to modify alot of different little things, because the armors aren't textured individually. Darth Bandons armor refers to the light combat armor texture and just recolors it how it needs to be. There might be a way to refer it to your own model and texture, but i'm not sure how. I can't even figure out how, if I change an armor to a robe, to change the color that is uses (like, make it a dark jedi robe..they both refer to the same model.)
 Ellderon
02-08-2004, 9:23 PM
www.gammadraconis@hotmail.com)

Hmm..you are right there...the only way I can think of is making a whole new armor class...that way, no other armors will be affected...but I don't even know if it's posible...

I have tried creationg a new player class, but that failed, since the 2DA editor only allows you to make new rows, and not new columns, so I couldn't make the class unique featgain table...(alltough I could make a new class that calls for the still unexisting column)
Page: 1 of 2