Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

need Bandon Armor mod made, please

Page: 2 of 2
 Stator
02-08-2004, 9:37 PM
This is what I did. I edited lines 142, 143, and 144 of the appearance.2da file. These rows represent the player model I am currently using in game. I only changed the values of the modeli and texi columns for the these rows. I changed the columns to read N_DarthBand. Whenever my character equips a jedi robe, the graphical representation is that of the black armor that Darth Bandon wears. This only affects my character and only when he is wearing a jedi robe. If I start another game and use a different player model, that model won't be affected.

Using this procedure, I have been able to alter the appearance of my npc party members also. Since I really don't care for Carth, I changed all of his appearances to be shown as wearing Calo Nord's outfit. This only affects Carth. All other npc's are not affected.

I might be misunderstanding the point you are trying to make. Hopefully I have better explained what I am doing. All possible characters and/or party members will not be affected by these changes unless they are instituted.

Stator
 Ellderon
02-08-2004, 9:52 PM
What I meant was...I equipp a Jedi Master Robe and I look liek I wear a Jedi Master Robe...
I equipp a Guardain Armour(the Bandon-like armour..name it whatever you want) and I look like I wear it..
What happens when I put it on others - I do not care..

Like I said..the only way I can think of is making a whol new armour class...and after going trough baseitems.2da and some other files I think that that maby even possible...
 gameunlimited
02-08-2004, 10:06 PM
not sure if this is what you want. check this:

http://alvin777t.tripod.com/mods/bandonarmor.zip)
(must copy and paste the link to the address bar)

then in the game, type "giveitem bandonarmor" in the cheat console.

whenever you wear the item, you will wear bandon's armor. If you want to change the head model, go to the line 509 in the appearance.2da and change it to whatever number is the head of your character. Right now I put it into Caucasian's head #2.
 Stator
02-08-2004, 10:35 PM
I think I understand what you want to do now. I suggest either downloading the robe mod by gameunlimited or getting with him for instruction. This mod has the different colored robes change to colors that he has made and specified. Possibly you could use that same technique to have specific robes call to a specific armor model.

Stator
 Ellderon
02-09-2004, 9:11 AM
Thanx...now...if somone could tell me where he texture for the armor is located...hehe...
 Boberus
02-09-2004, 5:25 PM
http://alvin777t.tripod.com/mods/bandonarmor.zip)

Whaa... that darn link doesn't work!!!! Anyone knows where can i find Bandons armor (or robe) which looks like real Darth Bandon's armor????

Im too lazy to do mod myself... Sigh...:(
 gameunlimited
02-09-2004, 6:00 PM
quote:
<i>(must copy and paste the link to the address bar)</i>

end quote ;)
 Boberus
02-09-2004, 6:08 PM
Whoa!!!!!

U rule!

Big thx:cowdance
 12thMonkey
02-09-2004, 6:26 PM
What tools do i need to change the line in appearance.2da.

i'm alittle unclear on what do do exactly.
 gameunlimited
02-09-2004, 6:40 PM
notepad or any other word processing will suffice.
 Boberus
02-09-2004, 6:46 PM
Waah:cry7:

I extracted files to override dir but nothing changed!
Jedi robes looks like they should, and Bandons armor is as ugly as always with its tight robin-hood-like pants:(
 12thMonkey
02-09-2004, 6:47 PM
That easy :), fair play. Thanks
 gameunlimited
02-09-2004, 6:49 PM
boberus, you have to get a new bandon's armor through the cheat that i mentioned above. i did not change the old bandon armor, i created a new item.
 12thMonkey
02-09-2004, 6:58 PM
is there a list for which number = a certain head?

i want the number for the bald guy with the goatee, but a list would be a good thing to have for later on.
 Boberus
02-09-2004, 7:02 PM
To Gameunlimited: ManISuck!

To 12thMonkey: check out the Kitty's post page back.
 gameunlimited
02-09-2004, 7:02 PM
if you scroll up in that file, there are a lot of lines that has labels that look like this : P_MAL_C_LRG_01. those are the lines of the existing player models. check their head value. you still have to do some trial and error though as there is quite a few player models.
 Boberus
02-09-2004, 7:27 PM
Anyone got the idea how to disable the ugly "cheat used" from savegame screenshot?
 Ellderon
02-09-2004, 7:40 PM
When I try to open the apperance.2da with the 2Da tool it sez something like "index was outside the bonds of the aray" and won't open it...strange..

EDIT: I can edit it with Wordpad allso...k then...

Wheree ate the textues located (I want to change it)?
 gameunlimited
02-09-2004, 10:11 PM
ellderon: you can't use the 2da tools to edit this file because this is the uncompiled version of the 2da file. that is why you can use wordpad to edit it. as for the texture, use Kotor tools to open ERFs --> TexturePacks --> swpc_tex_tpa.erf --> N_Darthband.tpc.
Page: 2 of 2