Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Easy Gen, errors

Page: 1 of 1
 Arkon11
01-27-2004, 1:24 PM
HI, I new to this forum, thought I test out how helpfull you all are :D

I made some real nice terrain in EasyGen. I got it into radiant, but when I try to compile I get an error.

-radaint could read ****.pcx

How can I fix this, it's for "the next big thing"
 Torchy
01-27-2004, 11:15 PM
make sure u have exported your alphamap (pcx file) and check the path is correct in the terrain entity
 Arkon11
01-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Ok, where does the .pcx go, in my base?
Also, where do I put the textures, my terrain is all textured in EasyGen, but when it's in radiant, I get a "Shader Image Missing".

Thanks for your help, lets hope you can help me out again :cool:
 shukrallah
01-28-2004, 2:12 PM
the shader missing part is supposed to be there. So dont worry about that. The pcx should be in the base directory i think :)
 rgoer
01-28-2004, 3:43 PM
The "shader not found" thing doesn't hurt your shader, but it is a bug that will affect radiosity (q3map2 -bounce) if you don't fix it. q3map2 uses the editor/lightimage to determine what color of light to bounce, and EasyGen doesn't assign editor/lightimages to terrain blend shaders in the default templates.

Unzip these (http://rgoer.webhop.net/unzip_to_templates_dir.zip) templates to your EasyGen templates directory, and then start using the "wolf et" template when you export your terrain entity. These are much improved templates I made for Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory, but they work for any q3 engine game. You'll need to go into the terrain shader exported by EasyGen afterward and comment out all the "surfaceparm landmine" and "surfaceparm grasssteps" lines in the shaders (ctrl+h "find/replace" in notepad works wonders for this), and you'll also have to go down to the bottom of the shader and cut the baseshader definition from the end of the file to be pasted in at the very beginning... this is a bug in EasyGen that I've tried to get Franceso to fix, but he's a very busy guy. The important thing is: the baseshader needs to be the first shader in the file, not the last.

Use those templates, you'll get much better results.
 rgoer
01-28-2004, 3:44 PM
And the pcx file can be wherever the hell you want it to be, just make sure you put the correct path into the "alphamap" key in your terrain entity. "alphamap" "alphamap.pcx" = alphamap is located at base/alphamap.pcx ... "alphamap" "path/to/alphamap.pcx" = alphamap is located at base/path/to/alphamap.pcx ... get it?
 Arkon11
01-28-2004, 6:07 PM
Yeah, I got the .pcx error to go away, but when I got the terrain in-game they were not textured. I guess that explains the "Shader Image Not Found" . So how exactly would I fix that.
 Torchy
01-28-2004, 6:18 PM
invisble? or just black and white squares??
 rgoer
01-28-2004, 6:49 PM
Are you using the new templates?
Page: 1 of 1