Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

tpc2tga GUI?

Page: 1 of 1
 Shimaon
01-26-2004, 10:39 PM
Alrighty, I'm no programmer, but I know this would be difficult and such, but is there any chance someone helpful out there on the boards can make a GUI for tpc2tga? I can use the command line version, its just rather difficult for my only relatively large sized brain...
 Kitty Kitty
01-26-2004, 10:43 PM
1, Fred's Kotor_tool can do it in a semi roundabout way now. If you have both his tool and tpc2tga installed in the same place, you can convert any file in the texpacks with a couple clicks.

2.. He's working currently on first, the rest of the format problems for some of the images (like portraits) and also, integrating the code to be native to kotor_tool, so as not to have to extract, then shell out to the other exe to convert.

He's been hard at work, so I wouldn't think it'd be long till we see the next improved version. :)

-Kitty
 Shimaon
01-26-2004, 11:54 PM
Wahoo I say!

Heh, well, I didn't know any of that until now...
 Bizz_
02-02-2004, 8:37 PM
Ok, i made my skins how do i put it back in game ?
 T7nowhere
02-03-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Bizz_
Ok, i made my skins how do i put it back in game ?

You just have to drop your skins in the Override folder default is C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Override.
 Bizz_
02-03-2004, 4:03 PM
but it is tga.
 Kitty Kitty
02-03-2004, 4:26 PM
It's supposed to be.

The override graphics work flawlessly as TGA, so there's really not a lot of point in converting them back since for one thing, leaving them as TGA makes them a lot easier to edit here and there while you test them out and whatnot. :)

-Kitty
 Fred Tetra
02-03-2004, 5:21 PM
For those images that have mipmaps, (mipmapping is a technique that improves image quality and reduces texture memory bandwidth by providing prefiltered versions of the texture image at multiple resolutions), you may see a performance hit as the games graphics engine/video card has to perform the filtering that is built in to the original tpc/txb files. I have been working on a texture converter section for Kotor Tool.

just my $.02

Fred
Page: 1 of 1