Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

In a mass of tutorials...

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi_Vogel
01-22-2004, 8:06 AM
Hey People,

I posted on the wrong forum before :p should've put it here. Can anyone direct me to tutorials on moddeling for JA. Preferable someone who followed them and had relative success? Cos I'm swimming in a mass of potential tutorials in at least 2 different languages.

Also, I've gotten trial version of Milkshape, cos it looks like if I wanna do this as a longer hobby I'll haveta pay for something and registering milkshape doesn't cost much (especially with the US$ - GBPЈ exchange rate ;))

Anyway, I'm rabbitting. So Tutorials. Oh yes and other than 3Dmax (extortionate pricing scheme) and Milkshape, any other software out there that won't cost my weight in gold to get hold of?

ondrahosek
01-22-2004, 4:29 PM
Try gmax (http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax/).

It might not have so many import/export plugins as MilkShape, but it is far more flexible.
 tFighterPilot
01-22-2004, 4:45 PM
Besides the lack plugins, it's way better than MilkShape.
 Mercenary
01-22-2004, 8:01 PM
If you're talking about player modeling you need 3ds max from what I've been told. Milkshape and gmax are fine for doing map_objects and weapons.
 Profcorron
01-22-2004, 8:45 PM
A saber Modeling tutorial. This use Gmax. though milkshape can be used it said. (note the textures have to be 64X64, 128X128, 256X256 or 512x512) then it works

http://psynex-land.com/saber%20tutorial/Custom%20JA%20Sabers.html)
 Jedi_Vogel
01-23-2004, 8:19 AM
Thanks People :)

I'm going to try modelling a weapon (static) first and then move to modelling a player. Is GMax ok for doing player models and does it export in the right format for JA?

And tutorials for modelling players?
 tFighterPilot
01-23-2004, 8:36 AM
no, you need 3D Studio Max for that.
 Jedi_Vogel
01-26-2004, 7:27 AM
So I won't be modelling players until I'm rich and famous ...

.. So I won't be modelling players then :p

Still in a mass of tutorials... I need a good tutorial on CREATING a new saber for JA, not just getting one into JA. I'm messing around with the default Saber at the moment, which produces interesting effects, but could use some help creating one from scratch.

And if 3D Studio Max is so darned expensive, isn't there a cheaper program which could be used for player modelling? Anyone *L*
Page: 1 of 1