Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lets chat!

Page: 1 of 1
 Lil' Jawa
01-19-2004, 8:09 PM
Hey we need a chat, Den Blaster made a really good IRC channel earlier at irc.dalnet.ru #kotor, everyone should come on and talk about mods :)
 CDRSeadog
01-19-2004, 10:19 PM
Sounds like a plan, Lil Jawa - guess I'll have to reinstall MIRC tonight *chuckles*
 MDC
01-21-2004, 2:29 AM
nevermind orig. post.

I'm apparently not authorized to use this server. *shrugs*
 CDRSeadog
01-21-2004, 3:41 AM
Ummm....when do you all chat - timewise??? I go by EST...and I re-installed an updated version of my MIRC...been to #Kotor several times - but no one is ever there...

Of course *sniff...sniff*. No - my deoderant's still working *chuckles*

So how about some rough timelines for chat, Lil Jawa - keeping in mind the time differences between time here on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, USA...and there in Sweden!!
 MDC
01-21-2004, 3:48 AM
Well, I just got on after some serious server hopping. I'm EST as well. I think we have to catch these GMT +1hr guys mid-day EST.
 Lil' Jawa
01-21-2004, 1:17 PM
Haven't been many on when I go on either even though i've idled for hours, guess you're all sleeping now :)
 CDRSeadog
01-21-2004, 4:36 PM
As I am retired, I can pretty much go online, or on MIRC, at about any time - unless I'm asleep or on vacation or partying!!

I'm not quite sure the time difference between here and there, Lil Jawa - though I am guessing it's about a 10 or 12 hour difference??

One thing I'd like to discuss with you, Lil Jawa: I am getting a number of requests for my modified "Feats" and "Jedi Powers" files...and I have no place to post them so people don't have to wait. I have noticed you have an excellent website for your Mods - and I am wondering if you would be interested in posting my modest two files for download on your site as well??

At any rate - we need to all get together (those who are interested in Kotor chat, that is) on a mutually agreeable timeframe in which to chat - rather than try this "hit and miss" approach :-)
 MDC
01-21-2004, 5:45 PM
As far as I know, Sweden is 6 hours ahead of the EST zone.

I've been lurking there for some time. I believe I've mentioned this earlier, but I have had some high-traffic capable webspace offered to me. ;)
 Stator
01-21-2004, 5:57 PM
I rarely ever see anyone there and when I do I never get a reply. As a matter of fact, I am connected right now.

Stator
 CDRSeadog
01-21-2004, 6:19 PM
Indeed - I am connected also to #kotor even as we speak - no one else in here though - maybe I am doing something wrong??

Hmmm - interesting that, MDC. You may want to check into that webspace - I've a feeling there are some who would like a host for their ummm, mature, subject matter re KoTor?? *LOL*
And I'll gladly contribute what little effort I have as well :-)

BTW - for interest - it's presently 1445 hours here (2:45PM).
 MDC
01-21-2004, 6:34 PM
CDRSeadog, Stator and I are in channel right now. Are you sure you're on the right network? It's not dal.net, it's dalnet.ru - entirely different. A good server to try is abakan.dalnet.ru. Pardon if you know this already, but type /server abakan.dalnet.ru:6667 in the Server/status window.

Hope you find your way.

I can't promise that mature content would be okay for this space. The account is paid for by several contributors and while they have significant bandwidth to spare, it is not up to me to decide what would be considered inappropriate content. We'll see.
 Stator
01-21-2004, 6:36 PM
I am talking to Chiara right now on #KOTOR. Not trying to be a smart ass but are you sure that you are connected to the irc.dalnet.ru server?

Stator
 CDRSeadog
01-21-2004, 6:44 PM
NP - it's been ages since I used MIRC - wasn't exactly well versed in it back then...ummm...I am connectedd via jade.va.us.dalnet...I don't have the option of connexting to dalnet.ru...

I can try to connect via random dalnet.eu...do you think that might help??
 Stator
01-21-2004, 6:49 PM
Use the add server button and type in dalnet.ru for the addy. Once connected, just join #KOTOR

Stator
 MDC
01-21-2004, 6:49 PM
Unfortunately that won't help. EU servers are still the wrong network.

Stay away from the options/connections window - utterly ignore it. Have you tried going to the server/status window and typing what I suggested? /server abakan.dalnet.ru:6667 or /server irc.dalnet.ru:6667. Let me know if you get any weird messages at that. I had huge problems last night.

If you have AIM, I'm chiaraaraihc. Or PM me. Let's stop hijacking this thread. ;)
 CDRSeadog
01-21-2004, 6:56 PM
I can see I'm going to have to do some MIRC research - I did add dalnet.ru to my list of servers - it took port 6667,,,

But I gave up after a dozen or so times of being refused connection by this dalnet.ru server...

I know I should probably re-install that pesky ICQ for faster chat - but I hate all the *blip* noise that program makes - and...

the last time I had ICQ installed - I seemed to get every freak on the internet trying to hit me up for chat *chuckles*
 MDC
01-21-2004, 7:07 PM
Don't add it to your list of servers, just type it in Try abakan.dalnet.ru, megion.dalnet.ru and irc.dalnet.ru.
 MDC
01-21-2004, 7:15 PM
AIM is much more private. I don't have ICQ, anyway for the very reason you mentioned.

/end hijack, apologies for the double post.
 CDRSeadog
01-21-2004, 7:22 PM
OK - last post here - I do not wish to tie up this thread. I tried "abakan.dalnet.ru; 6667....megion.dalnet.ru;6667...and irc.dalnet.ru;6667...

With each one I keep getting disconnected with a message that the server refused my connection...

I might add that when I tried to connect via "abakan.dalnet.ru"...much of the response and screen was filled with the Cyrilic (spelling?) alphabet vice the norm.

I'll have to cruise by TuCows and check out this AIM thing - but I'm really not much of a "chatter"...I am interested in this MIRC chat as a means of keeping up with the hottest and latest insofar as KoTOR is concerned *smiles*
 MDC
01-21-2004, 7:58 PM
Just to clarify *laughs*

I meant private as in spam-free and only gave you the option to speed up a little troubleshooting help. Your choice. Good luck.
 CDRSeadog
01-21-2004, 9:04 PM
Ah well - this time - last comment on this thread.

MDC - I, uh, had AIM once upon a time - back in the days when I was using Netscape as a browser vice Explorer...I went ahead and re-installed the latest Netscape as well as AIM.

If you'd like - send me an e-mail to my Netscape address - which is CDRSea@netscape.net... and I'll tell you how to look me up on AIM... *chuckles*

Maybe then I can get MIRC set up properly so's as to be able to chat!!
 eiz
01-22-2004, 12:33 AM
Apparently this network has akilled comcast users so I can't connect. Oh well...

Why the obscure net anyway?
 MDC
01-22-2004, 1:26 AM
I think the guy who created the channel is from Russia. I could be wrong, though.
 Fred Tetra
01-22-2004, 4:21 AM
Would anyone object to using a different server, say, on EFnet or Voidz?

I have a machine that is always on that could idle and hold a channel on either of those for us....

(I, too, cannot get onto the dalnet.ru, as I am glined for some reason; probably the comcast thing...)
 Kitty Kitty
01-22-2004, 5:20 AM
Personally, I don't care what server we use.

Just gimme addy, port and channel and it's all good. ;)

But I think it'd be a good idea to consider changing the one we use now, as I've seen 2 or 3 people who seem to have an interest and can't use it.. which is pretty lame =p

-Kitty
 Fred Tetra
01-22-2004, 1:06 PM
I've joined a channel called "sw:kotor" on EFnet.

The machine holding it is nick'd as macadam02, should you decide to visit :)
Page: 1 of 1