Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

misc_portal_surface and _camera

Page: 1 of 1
 alexx860
01-18-2004, 2:09 PM
hi again :D
i want make a "camera" on a brush : i want see a part of my map in a face of a brush. i know i have to use misc_portal_cameral and _surface but how ??

thx in advance
alexx :D
sorry for my english, i'm french :cool:
 Leslie Judge
01-18-2004, 2:44 PM
You cover the brush's surface with a shader that contains the "portal" surfaceparm.

You have to place the misc_portal_surface entity max. 64 units from that brush surface.

Position your camera and connect the misc_portal_surface to the camera. Select them in the mentioned order then hit CTRL+K in Radiant.

Now you just have to place an info_not_null and connect the camera to it. That will define the looking direction of the camera.

Btw., lots of questions were answered in the JO Mapping section in the past year so I recommend using the search function of the forum in that section. You will be surprised how much knowledge is there. :)
 alexx860
01-20-2004, 8:09 PM
it dont work, i have tryed the textures system/portal, system/mirror_yavin, etc.. but in the game i dont see the surface, like caulk. i am noob in shaders etc.. i need to put a files in my pk3 ??
 alexx860
01-21-2004, 9:10 AM
26 views and nobody can help me ???
 gotcha8903
01-21-2004, 8:44 PM
if the others are like me, theyve never done anything like that, or dont know how to do it
 Leslie Judge
01-22-2004, 10:25 AM
I'll send the mail, don't worry. Sorry for beeing late. I have to travel a lot.
 alexx860
01-22-2004, 3:45 PM
no problem :D
Page: 1 of 1