Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Siege Maps in MP

Page: 1 of 1
 Cotty1
01-18-2004, 1:56 PM
I've got a bit of a dilemma.

I've only got a 56k dialup, and due to my area, can't get broadband etc, so i'm stuck. I aint got the option of doing a LAN or anything like that across a network neither, but i'm still wanting to play the Siege mp maps.

This will only work if there is more than one human player. My query is, is there anyway of 'fooling' the game engine into thinking there is more than one Human player, or anyway work around, so i can finally try out the Siege Maps.

Any ideas or info would be appreciated,

TIA

Cotty
 manoman81
01-18-2004, 3:58 PM
Here's the problem with the siege maps if you can't play them online. I can't remember the name of the maps themselves, but if you look around at some of the other threads, you can find them. What you do is enter the code devmap [mapnamehere]. You can run around the siege maps that way if you want to look around. The problem is that if you die some how, you get respawned at different parts of the map. So there is no real point to do it other than just walk around. Hope that helps.
 InfErnO
01-18-2004, 5:02 PM
Just, pull down console and type 'dir maps' , browse the list with pgup/pgdown. It should be something like mp/siege_desert.bsp.
To load the map type 'map mp/siege_desert' for example. The current gametype should be other than siege though.
Btw, siege online sucks anyway it's buggy and unbalanced.
 gotcha8903
01-18-2004, 5:35 PM
Originally posted by InfErnO
Just, pull down console and type 'dir maps' , browse the list with pgup/pgdown. It should be something like mp/siege_desert.bsp.
To load the map type 'map mp/siege_desert' for example. The current gametype should be other than siege though.
Btw, siege online sucks anyway it's buggy and unbalanced.

so thats how you scroll using those in-console menus:)
also, i think you need to add a player to play on the map, otherwise you will have to spectate. so type:

devmap mp/siege_desert.bsp

and then once on the map:

npc spawn alora
 InfErnO
01-18-2004, 5:51 PM
devmap is not required, if the gametype is ffa, teamffa, ctf, etc the game can be joined anytime.
'g_gametype 0' is ffa I guess.
You will have mp physics though, siege has sp physics as far as I know. You can load mp maps in sp too, btw. Lol.
 gotcha8903
01-18-2004, 6:15 PM
i guess thats right, but are the siege objective activated that way?
 InfErnO
01-18-2004, 6:37 PM
You don't need the objectives if you are alone. The bot's won't work anyway, I guess.
 manoman81
01-18-2004, 7:53 PM
There is no bot support in seige. So playing by yourself in siege is pretty pointless....
 Kurgan
02-09-2005, 1:40 AM
Originally posted by manoman81
There is no bot support in seige. So playing by yourself in siege is pretty pointless....

Not anymore, thanks to RazorAce's OJP! Check it out...
 razorace
02-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Yep. You can get a copy of the lastest code by contacting me with your email address.
Page: 1 of 1