Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GF crashes whilst loading/saving games

Page: 1 of 1
 smelltheglove
01-17-2004, 3:47 PM
:jawa

Help!!

I'm having real problems trying to load or save games. I've just reached the end of the world and tried to save but it crashed.

If i let it open at start of game and try to load a save game it crashes. I can only start the game from scratch.

I've Reinstalled win98se & GF and tried to load a savegame but it still crashes. It even crashes if a try to save anything.

I'm using the patched version. 64mb, AMD 350 CPU and a Banshee card.

any ideas or fixes would be most welcome.

Thanks

Joe

jcys06347@blueyonder.co.uk
 Metallus
01-17-2004, 4:01 PM
Did you install the patch around the time the crashes started to occur? I don't know if it's true for Grim Fandango, but with some games the existing saved games won't work after you install a patch. Hmm... I guess that wouldn't explain the problem if you can't save your game after you start over, though. Maybe someone else has had this problem and can help you out...
 smelltheglove
01-17-2004, 5:27 PM
I had installed the patch before beginning the game.

thanks

joe
 Guybrush122
01-19-2004, 2:18 AM
Well if the situation is that if you're able to save, and after you do so it crashes...instead of loading from in-game, load from the Startup screen by pressing Resume Last Saved Game. Of course, I've probably just said something really redundant.
Page: 1 of 1