Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

HELP W/ LIGHTING 2 questions

Page: 1 of 1
 JeeMonkey
01-15-2004, 12:04 AM
hey all, im a beginer mapper and i got a couple of questions about lighting.
1) when i am trying to change the radius of a spot light, what is 1 unit equal to? is it....
A) 1 unit on grid .25
B) 1 unit on grid .5
C) 1 unit on grid 1
D) 1 unit on grid 2
E) 1 unit on grid 4
F) 1 unit on grid 8
G) 1 unit on grid 16
H) 1 unit on grid 32
I) 1 unit on grid 64
J) 1 unit on grid 128
K) 1 unit on grid 256????????

2) How do i change the intensity of the light coming from a spot light? do i......
A) move the spot light closer to the null
B) do something in the entity sub-window
C) something else?
 idontlikegeorge
01-15-2004, 5:02 AM
As far as the radius keyvalue, use whole unit incriments. I believe the default radius is 64... so if you want the "spot" of light to be twice as big, make it 128 (it should be a 1 to 1 ratio).

Light intensity, can be from another keyvalue, scale. Again, if you want to double the light amount, type in the key/value scale/2 (if you want to make a dimmer light, you can go scale 0.75, etc.) :)

Also, although I'm not sure if this affects spotlights, adding the key "light" and something more than 300 (the default setting) may help.

Possibly a mix of all three. Or perhaps, if you want a specific spot of light, and alot of "splash" light around it, maybe a couple light entities at that point would be what you need... :)
Page: 1 of 1