Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting Dismemberment to work!

Page: 1 of 4
 Crow_Nest
01-14-2004, 11:55 AM
Ok ever since i reinstalled JA, i lost all my config files that could get dismember to work.

Now i cant get it to work, so those of you who got it to work without trouble, copy your autoexec.cfg or jaconfig.cfg file and post it. thx. :)

That would solve everyone's problem.
 Prime
01-14-2004, 3:56 PM
Just do a search. This has been done several times...
 Kurgan
01-15-2004, 2:34 AM
And when you find it post it here... cause we might as well have one thread with all the CORRECT answers about this frequently asked question and we can sticky it.

Deal?
 Crow_Nest
01-15-2004, 8:33 AM
Did a search, no luck.
 Sam Fisher
01-15-2004, 2:28 PM
This is what I have in the "Target" area by right clicking the icon,

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" seta g_sabermorerealistic 10

THen i has a lot of dismemberment :D
 Crow_Nest
01-18-2004, 7:27 AM
Originally posted by Sam Fisher
This is what I have in the "Target" area by right clicking the icon,

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" seta g_sabermorerealistic 10

THen i has a lot of dismemberment :D

Tried it, doesnt work. And now i cant get cheats to be enabled the moment i start SP and my fov keeps changing to default even when i type it correctly in my autoexec.cfg.

How do i make it work properly?
 xcorps3
01-18-2004, 12:19 PM
Try this:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

Or try the OJP (http://pcgamemods.com/3367/).
 InfErnO
01-18-2004, 6:27 PM
seta ui_iscensored "0"
seta g_dismember 100
//that's mp, at least dismembent works always
seta g_dismemberment 3
//that's for sp i guess

also there's this cvar i have it at 99, I don't know if it's needed at all

cg_dismember 99

Also dismember doesn't work on some os if the language is not English (USA) for some (idiotic) reason. It can be fixed by changing the language in the system properties. But you would have to reinstall the game with this language settings.
 Crow_Nest
01-19-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by xcorps3
Try this:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

Or try the OJP (http://pcgamemods.com/3367/).

Nopes, tried it, doesnt work. I have a feeling its the cheats. because it doesnt enable by itself when i start the game, i already type helpusobi 1 in the autoexec and shortcut.

the cg_fov level always changes to default too.
 xcorps3
01-19-2004, 1:53 PM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
Nopes, tried it, doesnt work. I have a feeling its the cheats. because it doesnt enable by itself when i start the game, i already type helpusobi 1 in the autoexec and shortcut.

the cg_fov level always changes to default too.

Hmm, well I just recently reinstalled XP so I haven't had a chance to make too many changes to my JA install.

All I did was install JA, patch it, install Melee Mod, install OJP Basic and Enhanced, install starfire_dismemberment.

My shortcut looks as follows, "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set fs_game ojpenhanced +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

I haven't modified any other cvars or autoexec options. And it just works.

I have a feeling this must be real frustrating!

I think one of the keys to getting dismemberment to work is the "load quick" part of the shortcut. I know it doesn't work if you load a game normally.

Sorry I wasn't able to help! :)
 Crow_Nest
01-20-2004, 6:55 AM
Now i have another problem, when i start the game i get this error:

"Couldn't load default.cfg"

Is it caused by changing the shortcut path? And now it almost looks like my whole JA is screwed up again....

EDIT: Reinstalled, because i couldnt correct the error, tried again, but got the same message and reinstalled again. What next?

screw 1.01.

EDIT AGAIN: Yay! Finally got it to work!

Add this to your autoexec.cfg:

helpusobi 1
set g_sabermorerealistic 2
set g_dismemberprobabilities 100
set g_dismemberment 3
set broadsword 1

- Was orginally posted by SirYawnalot

And add:

+load quick +loadquick +set helpusobi 1 +helpusobi 1
to your JA shortcut, dunno if it helps, just add it.

Kurgan, if it works for me it should work for you. Time to sticky this thread. :D
 DarkLord60
01-21-2004, 3:15 AM
Crowy your not the only one I can't get it to work either.
 Crow_Nest
01-21-2004, 4:36 AM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
Crowy your not the only one I can't get it to work either.

Yes, i know alot of people still cant get it to work, but just copy and paste the commands i posted above. Dismemberment works for me that way. And it should work for you and everyone else too.
 DarkLord60
01-21-2004, 10:29 PM
Still wont work!
 Crow_Nest
01-22-2004, 2:03 AM
Did you remember to add the +load quick +loadquick +set helpusobi 1 +helpusobi 1 to your JA shortcut?

You are supposed to add the helpusobi 1
set g_dismemberment 3
set broadsword 1

In your autoexec! Not jasp.cfg or jamp.cfg!

Another way is to:

Change all the "set" to "seta"

Eg. seta g_sabermorerealistic "2"
 saurumonk
01-22-2004, 4:26 AM
why the hell all this talk about putting it in the path?

all you have to do is type in /seta g_dismember 100 in console

then client types in cg_dismember 2 in game

pretty simple instead of tryin to tweak you paths up
 DarkLord60
01-22-2004, 10:15 PM
Where do you see this autoexec?

Edit: Nevermind I see it now
 DarkLord60
01-23-2004, 12:29 AM
Sweet I got it to work I had to find a different way of doing it though.
 Crow_Nest
01-23-2004, 3:02 AM
Hmm...
So it looks like there are a few ways for people to get dismemberment to work.

So kurgan, there are many ways of getting it to work.

you can try:

seta g_dismemberment 100
(type in shortcut or autoexec)

helpusobi 1
set g_dismemberment 3
set broadsword 1
(Type in autoexec.cfg)

+set fs_game ojpenhanced +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2
(add to shortcut)
 Dark Lord Vader
01-23-2004, 3:43 AM
Yo, DARKLORD60 , if you got it to work with a different method, how about letting us know what it was? I can't get dismember to work, even with that mod that was suggested.

And why on earth did LucasArts make it so hard to change? It should be a built in option. WHy do people purposefully make their games lame? Can you tell I'm too angry over nothing after trying a thousand things to try and get this to work?
 Crow_Nest
01-23-2004, 7:56 AM
Originally posted by Dark Lord Vader
Yo, DARKLORD60 , if you got it to work with a different method, how about letting us know what it was? I can't get dismember to work, even with that mod that was suggested.

Try the methods i posted above. :) They might work for you.
 DarkLord60
01-23-2004, 11:23 PM

helpusobi 1
set g_dismemberment 3
set broadsword 1
(Type in autoexec.cfg)

I think thats how I did it
 Crow_Nest
01-24-2004, 5:08 AM
[B]"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2[B]

Strange.... Dismember doesnt work if i use the shortcut method, but works for other people. Only works for me using the autoexec method.

Btw, wheres kurgan? :confused:
 SpaceButler13
01-25-2004, 4:52 AM
ok, i'm stupid but i don't seem to have an autoexec in my base folder or any other ja folder, but i have jaconfig.cfg and that got rewritten after i changed it and ti worked, so where is this?
 Crow_Nest
01-25-2004, 8:49 AM
The autoexec is actullay renamed from the jamp.cfg.
 Agen
01-26-2004, 4:28 PM
why not just bind g_saberrealisticcombat 3 to a key (Along with helpusobi 1) and press it every time you play.... you can add that to the autoexec too. :p
PS: Don't give me crap about that only working with illegal versions of the game.
 Crow_Nest
01-27-2004, 6:30 AM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
why not just bind g_saberrealisticcombat 3 to a key (Along with helpusobi 1) and press it every time you play.... you can add that to the autoexec too. :p
PS: Don't give me crap about that only working with illegal versions of the game.

Cause if i press that key every single day, that key will be damaged and destroyed. :D

But its working now anywho. But how do i bind both commands into 1 key? :confused:
 Agen
01-27-2004, 6:50 PM
bind <KEY> code 1; code 2 ?
 MrPoliz
01-27-2004, 11:51 PM
Maybe I'm doin somethin wrong, but i cant find a jasp.exe file or autoexec file. I have the program installed on D;/ drive, but that shouldnt have anything to do with it. Anyone know why i cant find jasp or autoexec? i tried searching but no results.
 Crow_Nest
01-28-2004, 7:09 AM
autoexe is renamed from the jamp.cfg, jasp.exe can be found in gamedata. (not base)
 Crow_Nest
02-07-2004, 2:41 PM
Wtfs?!??!

Now it doesnt work!!! I already typed the correct commands in the autoexec and shortcut and it still doesnt work!!!

Whats wrong?

Btw, bump :cool:
 DarkLord60
02-07-2004, 4:00 PM
Still works for me I suggest you try it the way I did.
 Crow_Nest
02-08-2004, 1:48 AM
Still works for me I suggest you try it the way I did.

Tried it, still doesnt work.

EDIT: Ok i think it works now.
 Kurgan
02-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Now that I'm using Win2kPro and just reinstalled JA with the patch I should try the various dismemberment methods and see if it works any better for me.

As you all know, I got dismemberment working great until the first patch, then for some reason it only worked sporadically. When it did work, the shortcut method was the one that did it.

I'll let you know what happens after I do some testing.
 Crow_Nest
02-09-2004, 12:23 PM
wtf? sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. What kind of crap is this? And my controls and settings doesnt set to what i want!

Can someone tell me the commands for the footsteps and AF?

EDIT: Got the commands for footsteps, now for the AF.
 Avitor
02-10-2004, 2:31 PM
I put the following into an autoexec.cfg and it works fo me:
helpusobi 1
g_saberPickuppableDroppedSabers "1"
set g_saberMoreRealistic "1"
set g_dismemberProbabilities "100"
set g_dismemberment "3"
set broadsword "1"
I'm using C:\--\--\Jedi Academy\JediAcademy.exe to load the game and I'm running the patch 1.01 under Windows XP Pro SP1a.
 Crow_Nest
02-11-2004, 9:39 AM
Thats strange then...... I did try the same thing, but for some darn weird reason, it doesnt work.
 Master Fleas
02-12-2004, 10:17 PM
This is what i have in my NPC file and i was able to cut stormtroopers in half.

Anakin
{
fullName "Anakin Skywalker"
playerModel KC_anakin
weapon WP_SABER
saber Kyle
saberRadius 3
saberStyle 2
snd KC_anakin
sndcombat KC_anakin
sndextra KC_anakin
sndjedi KC_anakin
dismemberProbArms 100
dismemberProbHands 100
dismemberProbHead 100
dismemberProbLegs 100
dismemberProbWaist 100
}

I also have an autoexec.cfg file that says:

helpusobi 1
playermodel anakin
set g_dismemberment 3
set saber1 "Kyle"
seta g_sabermorerealistic 2
seta g_dismemberprobabilities 100
seta g_dismemberment 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this will help you.
 Shmee88
02-13-2004, 5:31 AM
i'm looking through my STar Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy folder and there is no jamp.cfg or autoexec.cfg or anything like that....
 Crow_Nest
02-13-2004, 5:43 AM
Originally posted by Shmee88
i'm looking through my STar Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy folder and there is no jamp.cfg or autoexec.cfg or anything like that....

Its renamed from the jamp.cfg...
 darth makaan
02-15-2004, 2:07 AM
Ok what's the 100% way of getting it to work in SP? can someone pm me the answer?
 Crow_Nest
02-15-2004, 9:12 AM
C'mon, just use that method so you can get dismemberment, what is so bad about autoload, autoexec or quick load? Its either you take it or leave it.

Download OPJ 0.0.4, it lets you set the saber damage, dismemberment and stuff.
 bobtheplant
02-19-2004, 8:57 AM
everyone is saying the autoexec.cfg is renamed from the jamp.cfg. What do you mean? I'm trying to get dismemberment to work, but there's no autoexec.cfg that I can find. When you say it's renamed, what do you mean?

Thanks
 Crow_Nest
02-19-2004, 1:02 PM
I mean me, and everyone else, just renamed the jamp.cfg to autoexec.cfg. Get it?

Sheesh.
 Samnmax221
02-20-2004, 1:19 AM
you don;t need a file to get dismemberment to work it happens all on it's own or with a cheat
 Crow_Nest
02-20-2004, 5:49 AM
Originally posted by Samnmax221
you don;t need a file to get dismemberment to work it happens all on it's own or with a cheat

Wrong, you need a file and cheat to make it work in the patch.
 IG-64
02-20-2004, 2:15 PM
Just wanted to add this:

To turn dynamic glow on in MP: R_DynamicGlow 1

Rag doll: Broadsword 1

Dismemberment: CG_Dismemberment 400

shadows: Good framerate: CG_Shadows 3 Bad Framerate: CG_Shadows 2

Hey, crow, did I get all that right? Did I miss anything?
 Crow_Nest
02-20-2004, 2:43 PM
You need to add a "seta" (without quotes) infront

Eg. seta cg_dismember "400"

But typing cg_shadows 2 and cg_shadows 3 might not work, you can only use 1 shadow at a time.
 IG-64
02-20-2004, 3:10 PM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
You need to add a "seta" (without quotes) infront

Eg. seta cg_dismember "400"

But typing cg_shadows 2 and cg_shadows 3 might not work, you can only use 1 shadow at a time.

I never used seta :confused:

and I never said to use 2 shadows at the same time
 Samnmax221
02-20-2004, 8:18 PM
I don't use the patch thats why I was wrong
Page: 1 of 4