Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sounds?

Page: 1 of 1
 Usurpo
01-05-2004, 11:33 PM
This is evil. I have a nice torch, via gothiX, [;)] and a good flame to go with it. Thing is, there is no sound! I expected as much, so I opened up assets 0 and found a nice sound to go with it, 'sound\effects\fire_lp.wav'. This is entered onto my flame entity as the value to a 'soundset' key. When I go to devmap it, the game won't even let me start, saying that it can't find the sound file! What am I doing wrong?
 Usurpo
01-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Sorry for the double post!
 wedge2211
01-06-2004, 12:55 AM
1- Check the extension: .wav or .mp3?
2- I'm not sure whether you use forward or reverse slashes in the key ( / or \ ).
3- Try putting a target_speaker near the flame with that sounds file as the value of its noise key, rather than in the soudset of the effect.
4- Actually, now that I think about it, I believe "soundset" looks for an entry in the sound.txt file in the sounds directory, not an actual sound file. Try the "sound" or "noise" keys instead, or look in sound.txt for a soundset that looks like it goes with a flame.
 lassev
01-06-2004, 9:26 AM
It works if you enter it like this:

soundset
fire_lp

The name of the soundset is fire_lp (regardless of the name of the actual sound file). So you don't enter any paths or the file name extension.

You can check all sound set and the files (many times multiple sound files) in the sound.txt file in your base/sounds folder (if you have extracted them from you assets0.pk3 file). However, take care; there are probably soundsets with missing sound files.
Page: 1 of 1