Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Darth Revan Reincarnate 1.1: Extra chEEse

Page: 1 of 2
 Lil' Jawa
01-05-2004, 8:26 PM
Just finished it, it's available to download at here (http://www.sith-res.tk) or if that link doesn't work then here (http://w1.842.telia.com/~u84203091/).
For those of you already running a game started with 1.0 it shouldn't cause a problem though if you are before Dantooine you might want to think about restarting as you wont have to do jedi training there at all anymore.

Changes:
- Added a dialog with the door ;) , so now you can choose any jedi class you want.
- You may also choose alignment and which gear you want for starts(lightsabre-wise, this isn't a cheat) ;)
- You don't have to redo training on Dantooine now - Big Thx to HazardX for globals!
- Also some other minor changes I can't think of now but they're there, play it and see for yourself.
- Stay tuned for future projects, bigger, badder and uhh..better? :)
 Mr.AbusivePanda
01-05-2004, 8:37 PM
Sweet! lol i started my game with your Dark Revan Mod last time and it took me the whole of taris, datooine, tatooine, kashyyyk, and more than half of manaan to gain enough lightside points for mastery... keep up the great work jawa! (gonna test tonight)
 andargor
01-05-2004, 9:07 PM
He's Lil', but he's baaaaad. ;)

I can host it on my site, if you want.

Andargor
 Stator
01-05-2004, 9:20 PM
It isn't working for me at all. I get 100xp for the door opening and that is it. I can even open the door myself without switching to Trask. Am I supposed to compile all of those .ncs files or something before copying the door file to my override folder?

Stator
 Lil' Jawa
01-05-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Stator
It isn't working for me at all. I get 100xp for the door opening and that is it. I can even open the door myself without switching to Trask. Am I supposed to compile all of those .ncs files or something before copying the door file to my override folder?

Stator

You edited it or is it original? does the same thing happen with all dialog choices or just with some?
Try seeing if you didn't forget to copy some file too, that might be it.

Btw NCS are compiled, NSS are not compiled.
 Stator
01-05-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Lil' Jawa
You edited it or is it original? does the same thing happen with all dialog choices or just with some?
Try seeing if you didn't forget to copy some file too, that might be it.

Btw NCS are compiled, NSS are not compiled.

It's the original I downloaded today. Version 1.1. I haven't edited anything. I decompressed the .rar file and place the k_penddoor01.ncs fle in my override folder. Then I started a new game and those were the results. Never had any door dialog options. I deleted that file and downloaded it again in case I had a corrupted download but no changes.

Stator
 Stator
01-05-2004, 11:52 PM
I just realized what I did wrong and boy do I feel dumb. I needed to install all of the .ncs files into my override folder. Now I need to learn how to script without using the nwn toolset. I need to change the items for light side players. They still get the sith mask and darth revan's robes....hehehe.

Thanks for the hard work and don't let programming illiterates like me slow you down.

Stator
 HazardX
01-06-2004, 8:33 AM
@Jawa:
I've found one thing you could improve:
You call 10x UT_DarkHigh to make the player evil, but you only need to do this once:

SetGoodEvilValue(oTarget, 0); // to become evil
SetGoodEvilValue(oTarget, 50); // to become neutral
SetGoodEvilValue(oTarget, 100); // to become good

It's a great mod, keep up the good work! :)
 Lil' Jawa
01-06-2004, 2:56 PM
Originally posted by HazardX
@Jawa:
I've found one thing you could improve:
You call 10x UT_DarkHigh to make the player evil, but you only need to do this once:

SetGoodEvilValue(oTarget, 0); // to become evil
SetGoodEvilValue(oTarget, 50); // to become neutral
SetGoodEvilValue(oTarget, 100); // to become good

It's a great mod, keep up the good work! :)

thx i'll be sure to add that if I do a next ver and thx fer globals again :)

Stator: no it is my fault I forgot to change readme to explain to copy all files not just k_penddoor01.ncs(which was the only one in 1.0).
If you want to change items given just look in the appropriate jawa_giveitem(1 I think was good, might be wrong though), recompile it and it should give you correct one.
 Stator
01-06-2004, 6:40 PM
Let me start off by saying that the only scripting experience I have is from playing around with the NWN toolset. I get completely lost trying to use command line compilers and decompilers. I can't even begin to write a script from scratch. With the NWN toolset, I have learned quite a bit and can do a decent job understanding how a script was made when I view it in the toolset.

With all of that being said, I have discovered what my biggest problem was. The SoU and HotU expansions make some changes to the base toolset and it is incompatible with KotOR. After making a dual install with a completely unmodified toolset, I can now write scripts or modify scripts that will be recognized by KotOR. I believe that I read this somewhere before but I couldn't find the post. This is basically info for other neophyte scripters like myself. You can use the NWN toolset but you need a fresh, unmodified installation.

Lil' Jawa:

I am toying with your scripts to try and add the jedi classes along with the alignments to determine your starting items. Basically I am trying to accomplish what I stated in the pm that I sent you. Once I have that working correctly, I will send you a copy to look at. After that I intend to incorporate your scripts with some of the model changing scripts people have been working on. Hopefully everything will mesh together well.

To all of you modders working on KotOR, I want to say THANK YOU for your efforts. You are giving all of us a chance to play the game in different ways and my hat goes off to you for that.

Stator
 vustare
01-06-2004, 7:28 PM
Originally posted by Stator

With all of that being said, I have discovered what my biggest problem was. The SoU and HotU expansions make some changes to the base toolset and it is incompatible with KotOR. After making a dual install with a completely unmodified toolset, I can now write scripts or modify scripts that will be recognized by KotOR. I believe that I read this somewhere before but I couldn't find the post. This is basically info for other neophyte scripters like myself. You can use the NWN toolset but you need a fresh, unmodified installation.

Stator,
Just a couple of newb questions. I also have SOU and HOTU installed and so compiling KOTOR scripts in the toolset doesn't work for me and in addition, I haven't the faintest clue how to work command-line script utilities.
How did you go about installing an unmodified NWN Toolset? Did you use your original installation disks, and if so, did you install it on the same drive/partition? If not, where did you get an unmodified copy of the toolset?
Thanks in advance,
Vic
 Stator
01-06-2004, 8:11 PM
This is how you do it Vustare.

First off uninstall NWN. Remember to back up anything important like portraits and modules first. Next install the original NWN. As soon as you are finished, copy the entire NWN folder to your desktop and then rename it. You can even make the folder read only if you desire. Now you will have a clean install of nwn on your desktop and you can use that for the toolset. Simply install SoU and HotU. They will both go straight to the original install on your hard drive and they will overlook the renamed version that sits on your desktop.

If you have any other questions just shout.

Stator
 Stator
01-07-2004, 1:16 AM
WOOHOO!!! YABBA DABBA DOO!!! :D :D :D

I did it. I know this is small potatoes to you real modders but it's fantastic for me. Thanks to your original builder module and the source scripts for the revan 1.1 mod, I have been able to set up the game to play just as I wanted. I can now start off as a jedi before my first battle and I can start with items based on your jedi class.

Guardian - blue jedi robe and blue saber
Sentinel - brown jedi robe and yellow saber
Consular - red jedi robe and green saber

I may have the saber colors mixed up but that is easy to fix. For someone like me who doesn't have any formal training, this is a wonderful feeling. Thanks to Lil' Jawa for posting his work to get me started and to all of the other modders who have been kind enough to post there findings and to answer questions. I simply feel great. Thanks again to everyone.

Stator
 hochi1942
01-07-2004, 11:09 AM
care to share with us please :D
 Stator
01-07-2004, 4:34 PM
I would happily share the files but I have one small little problem. I don't have anywhere to upload them to. If anyone is willing to post them somewhere, I will gladly send the source and compiled scripts to them. One thing to remember though. This is not my work. It is only a modified version of the work done by Lil' Jawa. All credit goes to him, not me.

Stator
 CraZy_B
01-07-2004, 5:44 PM
Is there an .nss to .ncs compiler that doesn't actually need NWN?

edit: Could anyone give me the default install directory of NWN and the file structure (i mean the place of the Override directory)? Maybe Torlack's compiler will work then with the nss editor.

Thanks in advance
 hochi1942
01-07-2004, 6:46 PM
stator ill pm you with my email and ill find a host for it just send me the file in a zip format.

:)
 OSIFRACRAT
01-07-2004, 6:59 PM
Huge newb question: How someone who has no idea what you guys are talking about, go about installing this lovely mod?
 OSIFRACRAT
01-07-2004, 7:00 PM
sorry about the double post
 Stator
01-07-2004, 7:40 PM
The files have been sent hochi1942. I hope that others find them useful.

Stator
 Stator
01-07-2004, 7:45 PM
Originally posted by OSIFRACRAT
Huge newb question: How someone who has no idea what you guys are talking about, go about installing this lovely mod?

Real easy OSIFRACRAT. Go to Lil Jawa's site and download the Revan 1.1 mod. It's in zip format. Extract the files to your KotOR override folder. Start a new game and have fun.

Right after Trask opens the door you will get some dialogue options. You will be able to pick your jedi class, alignment, and starting jedi gear. Have fun with it. I know that I have.

Stator
 hochi1942
01-07-2004, 9:03 PM
thanks stator
 OSIFRACRAT
01-07-2004, 9:03 PM
Thank You!
 OSIFRACRAT
01-07-2004, 9:11 PM
Is it supossed to be just one file? Thats all i can get out of the .rar file thats on the second site. His site won't load up for me. And I tried just the one file and it doesn't appear to be working but i'll try again.
 Stator
01-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Here is the shortcut right to the download. You need to place all of the .ncs files into your override directory.

http://w1.842.telia.com/~u84203091/DarthRevanModv11.rar)

Stator
 OSIFRACRAT
01-07-2004, 10:35 PM
I'm sorry but when I unrar the file its only one file. A .dlg file? No .ncs files to be found.
 OSIFRACRAT
01-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Fixed: Winrar was messing up so I downloaded and used ultimate zip instead and i can see the files now!
 Stator
01-07-2004, 11:12 PM
I forgot to say that you also need the .dlg file placed in your override folder. Just copy everything except for the .txt file....hehe

Stator
 Urazhil
01-08-2004, 3:42 AM
As for the "one-file-out-of-the-rar"-Problem:

Just upgrade your Winrar to the latest version. ;)
 lil_dude
01-15-2004, 7:46 PM
as soon as i beat the game i'll probly download this and use it, this looks sweet
 MDC
01-16-2004, 12:02 AM
Hey there Lil'Jawa,

This mod is a lot of great fun and I even tried my hand in making changes to the original. I figured, all those who want to play the dark side are in their glory here, but what about the goody-goodies? I personally find the SF Robes hideous but found someone who wanted them instead along with a heap of LS points, so off I went - I threw in a bunch off goodies like the Circlet of Saresh, a rainbow of Jedi Master Robes and lighsabers, etc. Unforunately, I have HotU and SoU installed and my NCS only worked for the first listed class in the script. I couldn't figure out what the heck I was doing wrong, so thanks to whoever brought to light this issue above. I will try again with a fresh NWN install and hope that I'm not just screwing something up beyond repair. ;) But one question:

Why give the good/bad/neutral choice and only Revan's robes? Yes, yes - it's Darth Revan Reincarnate but picking "good" or "neutral" renders them useless for some time. Also, if you're going to go light, why not all the way? ;) Just curious.

Great job and thank you.
 Aven'aeris
01-17-2004, 5:37 AM
okay, so i downloaded the latest version of your mod and encountered a problem. everything worked great untill i got to Dantooin for training. your readme mentions that the mod made training there unnecesary. when i got there, however, i found that all the masters acknowledged me as a padawan, but i couldn't leave the planet. furthermore, i couldn't exit the jedi enclave (the droid told me i didn't have permission yet :)) Otherwise, i really like this mod.
 Lil' Jawa
01-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Aven'aeris
okay, so i downloaded the latest version of your mod and encountered a problem. everything worked great untill i got to Dantooin for training. your readme mentions that the mod made training there unnecesary. when i got there, however, i found that all the masters acknowledged me as a padawan, but i couldn't leave the planet. furthermore, i couldn't exit the jedi enclave (the droid told me i didn't have permission yet :)) Otherwise, i really like this mod.

Yes i'm really sorry about that but it is a bug, didn't know it myself until a while ago where someone else encountered the same problem.
He mentioned that you could warp out to the outer grounds by using the warp cheat though and that worked for him, i'm terribly sorry about any inconvenience it may have caused and I *am* looking into how to fix it right now asap.
 Supreme-Lord
01-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Same here. Stuck on Dantooine :(
Hope u fix it soon ;)
 somrandomguy
01-17-2004, 5:17 PM
That is why I'm still using the old version.
 bantha poo doo
01-17-2004, 9:20 PM
where can i download the old version
 Syphadeus
01-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Hi there. I just thought people might like to know that there's a fix for when you get stuck on Dantooine.

As it's been mentioned, you can use the warp codes to let you get past that section. Since you cannot have completed the original first quest, you can't access the ruins. If you use the warp code "warp danm15" it will warp you inside the ruins where you can continue as normal, then you use the code "warp danm13" to warp outside of the Academy near the Ebon Hawk.

You should be able to complete your quest then. If there's an annoying Jedi woman who keeps asking "how's your training going" when you try to enter the Ebon Hawk, it'll be because you have some form of Jedi attire equipped. Unequip any Jedi Robes and equip armour or clothing and she'll leave you alone. Problem solved.

Or, of course, you could use an earlier version. I like using the most recent versions of everything though, I'm dorky like that. :)
 Celladur
01-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Bah, I'm stuck on dantooine but I don't want to use a cheat because I'll get that "Cheat Used" Message on my save game screen.

Is there any other way of doing this?

If I un-install the mod and install the older version will that work?
 Syphadeus
01-18-2004, 11:44 AM
Sorry, I don't know of any other way to overcome being stuck here. I'm not sure if using an earlier version of the MOD at this point would make any difference. I have no idea how the MODs work, so I honestly couldn't tell you. As far as my understanding goes (which, admittedly isn't very far), I don't think using an earlier version will be any good to you now, because the essential changes to how the game has worked have already been made by this point. Don't take my word for it by any means, that's what I'd imagine to be the case though.

As for the cheating thing, I can't understand it myself. I'm not sure why people are so adverse to the "cheats used" message on save files. So far I've only used the cheats for this and the odd item here and there and I can't say it bothers me in the slightest. I understand it must be annoying if you're adament about not having it be there though.

Sorry that I can't offer any advice. :(
 Lil' Jawa
01-18-2004, 2:10 PM
don't bother cheating if you don't want to, I said i'm working on a fix so I am hopefully be done soon :)
 Revan23
01-19-2004, 3:36 AM
hi i know nothing about modding, so can some 1 tell me how to put this mod in the game and what programs i need? thanks:guard:
 Syphadeus
01-19-2004, 9:19 AM
Dude, the instructions on how to use the MOD are contained in a readme.txt file in the MOD itself. All you have to do is download it from the one of the links that Lil'Jawa supplied and use WinRAR to open it and then follow the instructions in the readme file.
 Lil' Jawa
01-19-2004, 6:50 PM
Hey sorry guys for taking so long time(i'm such a lazy bloke :P) but here it is:
http://w1.842.telia.com/~u84203091/Dantooine_fix.zip)

It should take effect instantly no need to restart your game, hopefully no more bugs from there on :)
 Syphadeus
01-19-2004, 7:35 PM
Looks like Lil'Jawa's a Lil'Lifesaver. :D
 Revan23
01-19-2004, 8:43 PM
i didnt have the program to un-zip it this is one sick mod keep up the good work
 Lil' Jawa
01-19-2004, 9:22 PM
Originally posted by Revan23
i didnt have the program to un-zip it this is one sick mod keep up the good work

Haha I like your attitude :vadar:
 lord_blodgett
01-20-2004, 12:40 PM
Yeah!!!

too bad I overwrote my save so I could try out a few mods I'm working on.

Still, this mod rocks.
 CDRSeadog
01-20-2004, 1:13 PM
An interesting idea, Lil Jawa - and (I'm sure) an interesting MOD as well -

I've downloaded both your MOD, and the Dantoooine fix...I'll try them out as soon as I finish my present game - will let you know if I come across any "bugs".

BTW - your Kotor Mod Utility program was excellent also :-)
 Lil' Jawa
01-20-2004, 2:03 PM
Thx but I never wrote the kotor mod utility program, The Devanstator did. ;)
 CDRSeadog
01-20-2004, 2:25 PM
Ahem....I think I knew that...I must be getting both senile, as well as old *LOL*
Page: 1 of 2