Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Death Star Trench Run Siege

Page: 1 of 1
 SpecialForces
01-05-2004, 9:03 PM
Im making a death star siege map. Im going to release a beta version in a fiew months, maybe sooner, but siege is really hard to make so it takes a long time.
Im going to make destroying turbo laser cannons most of the objectives but I dont know what im going to do for the main objectives yet, so please post some ideas.
Im also going to give rebels xwings to attack and the empire tie-fighters to protect the lazer cannons. got any better ideas post them here and ill consider using them.
Thanks
- [DF]SpecialForces
 wedge2211
01-05-2004, 10:18 PM
Boo to all-vehicle maps. <Dusts off X-Wing Alliance box and buys Rogue Squadron>

My personal opinion, though.
 Ockniel
01-06-2004, 9:04 AM
the main objective should be sinking two bombs into the hole thing at the end of the trench ( like luke in "a new hope) you might have to enlarge the hole and tilt it though, otherwise you might not be able to hit the target
 SpecialForces
01-06-2004, 3:41 PM
Im stuck, does anyone know how to make the .siege and .team files?
 Torchy
01-06-2004, 3:47 PM
 JoeSolo
01-16-2004, 2:20 PM
yeh agree with wedge all the way :D
 Lindsey
01-16-2004, 7:27 PM
I dunno, My Deathstar Attack map wasnt recieved well, mostly because of the turbo lasers. An all vehicle siege map wouldnt be too good, because people could just blow by all the objectives and do the last one. Maybe you should have 50 % on foot and 50 % air vehicles.
 Teancum
01-16-2004, 8:54 PM
I don't think the trench run would be too fun, but a 'to the core' run a la Return of the Jedi might be. That way it takes skill to manuver, and it's not just a boring trench. Now THAT would be fun. But, there's an issue of if someone gets blown up, where do you respawn them? I suppose you could have 'teleport' points if someone dies, and the Rebels have reached a certain checkpoint, then everyone respawns and is already moving (so you don't have to pick up speed) at the checkpoint.
 lauser
01-17-2004, 8:44 PM
We have most of our "SIEGE map completed. It should be out soon. But Special man...a vehicle SIEGE map? Good try but not only is that an insane amount of work but I don't think it will work very well. There is just way too much involved. Unless you LIVE in front of your comp. Still...I don't think it will be played very much if at all. Try a regular SIEGE map.
 lauser
01-17-2004, 8:45 PM
double post...sorry
Page: 1 of 1