Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The most recent newspost.

Page: 1 of 1
 michael_collins
01-05-2004, 4:16 PM
Hi there, I have no knowledge of scripting, coding et al.

To a layman, how would you describe the pros and cons of using the seige mode for the mod.

Sorry for being a nuisance :)
 Fracman
01-05-2004, 5:41 PM
The siege mode has totally different gameplay from the usal multiplayer modes. In siege you have clear objectives to fulfil, using specified items and weapons.
We will use siege mode because it is the most nearest to SP gameplay - but we will remove the MP useability for the mod.

And again, since there is only MP source code available where we can make new weapons and ennemies, we have no other choice than to use MP engine.
 michael_collins
01-05-2004, 7:18 PM
thanks frac, clears a lot up :D
 Jedi Luke
01-05-2004, 9:54 PM
I just hope Icarus scripts function correctly in Siege mode. That is if siege maps use Icarus scripts.
 Fracman
01-06-2004, 7:21 PM
It does, at least there are also some IBI files for the siege maps.
Check the PK3 and the SDK :p
 Jedi Luke
01-06-2004, 8:23 PM
Thanks Frac, checking them out now. Most people have very very little knowledge of Icarus scripting (I was the same :p) and I'm currently writing some Icarus scripting tutorials, starting from easy stuff to more complex detail, that way people can get an idea of it.
 Fracman
01-08-2004, 9:36 PM
That would be great :)
 Jedi Luke
01-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Someone may have to host it for me.
 Fracman
01-13-2004, 8:46 PM
Our own site, Luke, we even have a tutorial section.
It's about time someone continues filling it :p
 The_One
01-13-2004, 9:43 PM
Originally posted by Fracman
Our own site, Luke, we even have a tutorial section.
It's about time someone continues filling it :p

Yep ;) We need some new tutorial content!
 Jedi Luke
01-13-2004, 9:59 PM
Awesome,

I'm just starting with very basic Icarus scripting (a 1 line script :P) that do a hell of a lot to the game. Then they move on the more complex sort of material. How will I post them to you Rich?
 The_One
01-14-2004, 7:43 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Luke
Awesome,

I'm just starting with very basic Icarus scripting (a 1 line script :P) that do a hell of a lot to the game. Then they move on the more complex sort of material. How will I post them to you Rich?

Are they in HTML? If so, it would just be an e-mail, or FTP job :p
 Jedi Luke
01-15-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by The_One
Are they in HTML? If so, it would just be an e-mail, or FTP job :p

When I've got time (definately after vacation) I'll convert them to HTML and upload them to the FTP. Time is HEAVILY constrained with the 'Malanka' ('Ukrainian new year ball', which was fantastic) and getting ready (clothes, food, etc etc) for the vacation.
Page: 1 of 1