Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Change models by "port to hawk"

Page: 1 of 1
 Zhoken
01-05-2004, 12:47 AM
Hey guys,

I dont know if someone found a better way to change models or to have the changed models stay when changing planets, But I've Implemented the change models script into the "go_sup_gohawk.nsc" script that will change the player model every time you port back to the hawk or the taris apartments.

If you want to try it:

Find the k_sup_gohawk script using bifunpacker, Copy paste the script into what ever script editor you are using and add these lines between "void main" and Db_MyPrintString

void main()
{

object oPC = GetFirstPC();
int nClass = GetClassByPosition(1,GetFirstPC());

if(nClass == CLASS_TYPE_"your base class here")
{
effect eDisg = EffectDisguise(DISGUISE_TYPE_DARTHREVAN):
ApplyEffectToObejct(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT,eDisg, oPC);
}

NOTE: where I wrote "your base class" you should write in your starting class i.e. Soldier, Scout or Scoundrel as this script is dependent on your base class.

ALSO: I did this on another pc so you would be better off copy pasting what you need from the change model script. I Pretty darn sure I copied it down right but you never know. I've tried this script on taris and it works but I havent gotten past that, although its the same script to go to the hawk so it should work. Also it work with games that have been started already, which means you could edit it and changed models during the game if you get tired of one.

If any of the "real" scripters out there know how to make this script more efficient go right ahead. I don't really know how to script I just understand the syntax rules... (I think.. ;) )

Hope this helps, and if there’s a better way let me know, ill delete the post.

Oh and HUGE thanks to Lil' jawa and override367, they really made this possible.

EDIT: Incase you're wondering yes, it work when your multiclassed.

EDIT2: It works on other planets aswell as on taris.

-Zhoken.
 override367
01-05-2004, 8:56 AM
try this (the forum members are my test monkeys since I don't play , too busy scripting right now!)

this should give a permanant dark revan model, but it looks goofy with him running, feet go through cape...

the default onheartbeat script

k_def_heartbt01
/*
Default heartbeat script
*/
//:: Created By: Preston Watamaniuk
//:: Copyright (c) 2002 Bioware Corp.

#include "k_inc_switch"
#include "k_inc_debug"

void main()

{

ExecuteScript("k_ai_master", OBJECT_SELF, KOTOR_DEFAULT_EVENT_ON_HEARTBEAT);

/*
object oEnemy = GetNearestCreature(CREATURE_TYPE_REPUTATION, REPUTATION_TYPE_ENEMY, OBJECT_SELF,1, CREATURE_TYPE_PERCEPTION, PERCEPTION_SEEN);

if(!GN_GetSpawnInCondition(SW_FLAG_AI_OFF))
{
if(GN_GetSpawnInCondition(SW_FLAG_AMBIENT_ANIMATIO NS) || GN_GetSpawnInCondition(SW_FLAG_AMBIENT_ANIMATIONS_ MOBILE))
{
string sWay = "WP_" + GetTag(OBJECT_SELF) + "_01";
int nSeries = GetLocalNumber(OBJECT_SELF, WALKWAYS_SERIES_NUMBER);
if(!GetIsObjectValid(GetObjectByTag(sWay)) && nSeries <= 0)
{
if(GetCurrentAction(OBJECT_SELF) != ACTION_MOVETOPOINT)
{
if(!GN_GetIsFighting(OBJECT_SELF) && !GetIsObjectValid(oEnemy))
{
GN_PlayAmbientAnimation();
}
}
}
}
}
if(GN_GetSpawnInCondition(SW_FLAG_EVENT_ON_HEARTBE AT))
{
SignalEvent(OBJECT_SELF, EventUserDefined(1001));

}
*/

{
object oPC = GetFirstPC();
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT,
EffectDisguise(DISGUISE_TYPE_N_DARTHREVAN), oPC);

}
}
 Captain LeChuck
01-05-2004, 3:06 PM
Brilliant. You're making good progress.:D
 Zhoken
01-05-2004, 8:09 PM
Amazing work overide...

Now if someone can explain to me why there is no Gadon thek disguise function ( argg.. thats the one I wanted to play as.)

Ill try this script out tonight.. thanks again Overide!

Z.
 sicamica
01-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Hey!!

Could someone plz send that file to me because i don't have a clue about modding... but the revan's model is great and i want to play the game again with "real" revan!!

mail: sicamica@hotmail.com

thank you!!! :( :)
 Grayfox08
01-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by sicamica
Hey!!

Could someone plz send that file to me because i don't have a clue about modding... but the revan's model is great and i want to play the game again with "real" revan!!

mail: sicamica@hotmail.com

thank you!!! :( :)

Yes could someone please host the REVAN model script all compiled? The one Override just posted?

or send it to minitarbz@direcway.com and i'll host it.

Thanks
 Talchia
01-05-2004, 11:28 PM
I have discovered the spawn in scripts, so you can add global functions without modifying the existing scripts.

If you never worked with custom events before, itґs actually quit easy. Just uncomment the state flags for the user defined events in the k_def_spawn01. Now you can add own scripts into the k_def_userdef01.

scripts.bif resource:

res432.nss=k_def_spawn01
res438.nss=k_def_userdef01

include scripts:
res874.nss=k_inc_debug
res881.nss=k_inc_generic
res895.nss=k_inc_utility
 Zod
01-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Do the models show up in the cut scenes?
 TMPhoenix
01-08-2004, 7:38 PM
You do now that if you open the chitin.key file in the root of your KotoR dir with NWNexplorer or a similar tool, all the files in the Bifs will show up with their correct names, right?
 UrGrue
01-13-2004, 8:01 PM
Originally posted by Talchia
I have discovered the spawn in scripts, so you can add global functions without modifying the existing scripts.

If you never worked with custom events before, itґs actually quit easy. Just uncomment the state flags for the user defined events in the k_def_spawn01. Now you can add own scripts into the k_def_userdef01.

true but there seems to be at least one problem.

I wrote a script using the userdef on_heartbeat which checks if the player wears both revan's robes and the sith mask. if so then the player's disguise is changed to Revan. And of course it switches back to the player model if you unequip one of the two (so you can wear Revan's robes with or without the hood up).

The problem is, it stops to work after the first cutscene is triggered on the endar spire (dark jedi fighting light jedi).

I am using compiled .nss files in the override folder.

Does anyone know a good workaround (apart from putting the code in the default on_heartbeat) ?

I was looking for a function, which would be triggered once the player equips /unequips something, but couldn't find any.

any ideas?
 Lundquist
01-14-2004, 1:10 PM
Is there a place where us who are seriously handicapped when it comes to modding can dl these files, instead of trying to fiddle around corrupting averything?
 Captain LeChuck
01-14-2004, 2:18 PM
Same thing I've been wondering for so long, but no one ever seems to answer this question. So Im trying to do it myself...
Page: 1 of 1