Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

still another XP problem

Page: 1 of 1
 cyansea
01-04-2004, 7:21 PM
I can't load GF on my computer at all. At 47% I get an error message saying "Setup requires _SETUP.DLL and _ISRES.DLL (located in _SETUP.LIB) in order to operate properly. Please ensure these files are located with SETUP.LIB." I'm a good girl, so I did ensure it, and they are. I've tried pretty much everything, but nothing seem to work. Please help?
 Guybrush122
01-15-2004, 7:27 PM
I'm sorry to hear it, cyansea :-/

Unfortunately, I don't know a solution to your problem. However, I suggest you contact Lucasarts via e-mail or call the Grim Fandango technical support. Check out lucasarts.com

Best of luck to you!
 kibu
03-14-2004, 3:33 PM
Hey,

I just wanted to say: Welcome aboard. I have the same problem. I have win xp and used to be able to run GF without a problem, until I had to get a new motherboard. When I tried to re-install it, it showed the same message. :( If anybody knows how to solve this, help is greatly appreciated. ;)
 audio
04-29-2004, 11:34 AM
Looks like we have two threads going.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124888)

Also appears that many of us are having the same problem. I've talked to LucasArts and emailed them... they are stymied.
 Tall Guy
05-08-2004, 1:09 PM
Make sure you have the latest service pack from the windows website, just a suggestion.
Page: 1 of 1