Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bone X ("Y') exists more then once in this file

Page: 1 of 1
 Charmin Deluxe
01-04-2004, 5:53 PM
After getting a non animated vehicle in game i tried it with animations. it's a really simple model with a really simple animation , so that's shouldn'tt be the prob i think. but why the hell do i get this error?
Bone 13 ("root") exists more then once in this file, bad skeleton!
... it has neither 13 bones nor one called root..
any idea?
 Duncan_10158
01-04-2004, 10:56 PM
it looks like there is something wrong with the hirarchie. what assimilate/carcass tool do you use? the old one from JO or the new one. i am not sure but the new one seems to need another top hirarchie. if you use the new one try to delete some of the top dummys and export it again. this is error and try :(

exporting your model non-animated worked?

how did you creat the bone hirarchie? do you have a proper naming?
 Charmin Deluxe
01-05-2004, 11:48 AM
wow hдtte nicht gedacht das sich der meister persцnlich meldet ;) ich hab alles nach deinem tutorial befolgt, hab den pelvis und den pelvisend gemacht und animiert. das hat auch wunderbar geklappt. jetz hab ich aber beim animierten model 2 "flьgel" gemacht und jeweile 3 bones erstellt.
lwing1
lwing2
lwing3
rwing1
rwing2
rwing3
nen pelvis hab ich nicht mehr drin. und jetz bekomm ich den fehler...

die dummies und die tags hab ich auch alle selber erstellt. welches is eigentlich das beste tool bei max 5 um tags zu erstellen?
 Duncan_10158
01-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Naja Meister, das bin ich doch eigentlich nicht, mein junger Padawan :)

du hast also sechs bones in deinem vehicle zu animiern, richtig? wenn du den pelvis gelцscht hast, was ist jetzt der erste bone unter dem dummy skeleton_root? da darf nдmlich nur einer sein. ich behalte den pelvis immer als stamm bone, auch wenn ich ihn zum animieren nicht brauche.

ich benutze kein tool zum erstellen der tags, ich importiere sie immer aus anderen models oder so.

to everybody else, the problem could be that an animated vehicle needs only one bone as first bone under the >skeleton_root< dummy.
 Charmin Deluxe
01-05-2004, 12:41 PM
ich kann dir das model ja mal schicken. aber ich hab das so gelinkt:

wingl3 (das is der дьЯerste bone)
zu l2 und den zu l1

das selbe mit den rwing bones. und dann hab ich rwing1 und lwing1 zu skeleton_root gelinkt. ich probiers nochma mit komplett neu verlinken.

edit: ach jetz hab ich das verwechselt. ich habs erst so gelesen das neben skeleton root kein 2. bone mit dem oben ding verbunden werden darf. ok ich probier dann nochma was
 Duncan_10158
01-05-2004, 12:48 PM
das hab ich vermutet. warscheinlich klapts nicht, weil zwei bones an den skeleton_root gelinkt sind. du musst also einen bone erstellen an den du die zwei anlinkst und dan diesen an den dummy. du musst die bones nicht mal neu animieren, einfachen nen bone erstellen und dazwischen linken.

lass mich wissen obs funkzt.
 Charmin Deluxe
01-05-2004, 1:16 PM
hab ich jetz gemacht aber funzt immer noch nich.
www.charmin-deluxe.de.vu/pic/error.jpg)
www.charmin-deluxe.de.vu/pic/model.zip)
hab die genaue fehlermeldung und das model mal geuppt.

edit: mir is aufgefallen das ich beim model vergessen hat nachm lцschen des pelvis bones die tags und den main mehs neu zu weighten. habs jetz nochma neu geuppt
 Wudan
01-05-2004, 9:56 PM
Still getting the error? I know a thing or two about model formats and the animation file format, so ... uh - in english?
 way
01-05-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Charmin Deluxe
hab ich jetz gemacht aber funzt immer noch nich.

@ Wudan
I think: yes:D
 Duncan_10158
01-06-2004, 11:27 AM
Wudan is right, we should write in english so everybody understands us. others could have the same problem and help us.

i shortly repeat: Charmin got an error back >bone 14 "root" exists mor the once<, you can see the error message in a post above. i thought it could be a wrong hirarchie but Charmin couldnt fix it with this hint. he still gets that error alltough his model doesnt have a bone 14 "root" at all.

Charmin, i D/L the model, but i cant load it into my 3ds max 4.2, are you using 3ds max 5 or 6? its strange that i cant load it, i was able to load max files from other versions but your file needs to load some kind of directx dll when loading into 3ds max, i click on continue but get an error.
could you sent me the model in the XSI format you are exporting it, perhap that will work. you can contact me over this site:
http://io.meskinaw.net/index.htm)
 Charmin Deluxe
01-06-2004, 12:33 PM
ok, i'll try my best :)

I'm using max 5.1. i've uploaded the model with xsi again:

www.charmin-deluxe.de.vu/pic/model.zip)

doesn't have any1 a sample animated model 4 me?
 Wudan
01-06-2004, 1:43 PM
Oh no, don't get me wrong - I don't think english is better than any other language, it's just one of the few I know, and I would like to help out - I wrote an OpenGL program to display the models (.glm) and animations (.gla), but these are the only two formats I've spent much time with.

My good friend Corto has done quite a bit of work getting XSI stuff in-game, If he's on today I'll point him to this thread.

Long story short, made a custom model, with custom skeleton, and custom animations, and carcass is giving the error listed above, right?
 Charmin Deluxe
01-06-2004, 1:47 PM
right
 Duncan_10158
01-06-2004, 2:05 PM
Wudan, we didnt think you are thinking english is, you know :)
english is just a language everybody here understands, more or less. the more people can help the better, right?

i have taken a look at the XSI file in 3ds max, i cant tell whats wrong. i tried to use it in assimilate and get an error that means that the bones are scaled, but that isnt the inital problem. after that i deleted the hole bone part and redone it and it worked. Charmin, i could sent you the redone max file of the model and you can compare it. could you give me your email?
 Charmin Deluxe
01-06-2004, 2:09 PM
hmm strange, why the hell do I ALWAYS have the problems others don't have ;D ok thank you. oliver@mijun.de

p.s. nehm mal mein icq request plz an ;)
 Wudan
01-06-2004, 3:08 PM
Well, I'm glad *that's* all sorted :D
 Duncan_10158
01-06-2004, 4:49 PM
we got the problem solved! it was the new assimilate/carcass from the JA SDK. it seems not to work the way i wrote the tutorial on how to port vehicles in JA. if you want fo follow the tutorial you have to use the old assimilate/carcass from the JO SDK.

if someone has the time to figure out the differences of the old and new tools, he is very welcome to do that, thanks.
Page: 1 of 1