Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Refre§h Gaming Project

Page: 1 of 1
 Codster
01-04-2004, 1:34 AM
Hi everyone.

In a attempt to get this game rolling, we started a gaming project to organize players of the game to start teams and organize matchs and such.

Beleave it or not this game is NOT dead. It's just people saying it over and over that make you think that.

So..those who love the game and would like to sign up go ahead. Don't wait til the project is a success to sign up..that accomplishes nothing. Sign-up on the boards and post away if you like.

Any questions can be directed at me by reply to this or on the refresh boards.. please make this a success. If it works it will save the game

-Thanks
Cody
 Amidala from Chop Shop
01-04-2004, 2:07 AM
I support Codster and encourage people to go to www.firetrill.com/) and register. If you were too intimidated to participate in team games before because you are just a beginner or a casual recreational player (the majority), this is a chance to play with other people of similar skill\experience levels for fun.

And to those who will say "too little, too late" etc. etc., yes you were absolutely right. A combination of bad decisions and bad luck killed off the serious competitive community for this game, may it rest in peace. This is not designed to resuscitate the serious competitive community that has already moved on to other games. That doesn't change the fact that there are still hundreds of people around the world playing this game, and many of them would like to have some way of organizing informal team competitions.

If you are a beginner\intermediate or casual recreational player who would like to try something new, register at www.firetrill.com) and check it out.
 Codster
01-04-2004, 2:50 AM
Oh oops, heh forgot to post the website. thanks amidala

It is www.firetrill.com) :D
 Bilbo Skywalker
01-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Nice one codster, I'll try to get some Euro folks interested in this...
 Duty
01-04-2004, 12:58 PM
If its competetive i'll join.
If its a bunch of noobs running around flailing sabers screaming dool meh dool meh then not.
 stubert
01-04-2004, 2:42 PM
it will be accepting of the noobs, in an attempt to de-noob them.

oh, and my mod - red slushie will be released soon

stay tuned
 Duty
01-04-2004, 3:33 PM
how quaint.
 lllKyNeSlll
01-04-2004, 3:50 PM
Stubert and Codster I thought you guys had given up after twl fell.

Well anyway, stuberts red slushie mod is really nice. For you q3 people, its similar to Orange Slushie (OSP). It big time improves the game, by fixing elevators, making the flag transparaent so people can gun in third person.

Bring back the community.
 Elijah
01-04-2004, 4:12 PM
Most of you people here at LF know me, and I just want to encourage you guys to join Refresh if you are at interested in saving this game.
 Labes
01-04-2004, 5:17 PM
I'm all for saving this game. In fact, I'm joining up now :-D.

Hope it goes well!
 stubert
01-04-2004, 5:29 PM
please sign up at the community forums and the front page
 Codster
01-04-2004, 9:23 PM
32 users and counting on the first day
 Codster
01-04-2004, 9:23 PM
Damnit
 Codster
01-04-2004, 9:26 PM
34 users and there still joining
 gotcha8903
01-05-2004, 1:03 AM
45, should have 50 before the night is over
 shukrallah
01-05-2004, 1:23 PM
i registered at the forum, not sure if ill join. i prolly will.
 Prime
01-05-2004, 1:34 PM
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
This is not designed to resuscitate the serious competitive community that has already moved on to other games. I thought XMod2 was supposed to resuscitate the competative community. Has this not happened?
 Duty
01-05-2004, 2:17 PM
Although drastically helped by xmod2, a community cannot survive on a game based on random physics and poorly coded detection.
Plus, they removed so many features that JA is sooo boring. At least with JK2 there were a variety of moves that you could spam. In JA theres like 2.
 Duty
01-05-2004, 2:18 PM
Originally posted by gotcha8903
45, should have 50 before the night is over

OMFG 45 people play JA???
 lllKyNeSlll
01-05-2004, 8:24 PM
bumpage
 Codster
01-05-2004, 10:44 PM
The is a saberist/xmod ladder being planned.

The total user count now is at 59 with over 300 posts on the forum. All in just two days.

If you would like something changed in JA, feel free to make a post in the RedSlushie Public Forum. Stu will be happy to respond to any questions or changes you would like to make.

I will entertain any questions you might have on the board.
 Elijah
01-06-2004, 8:24 PM
Kurgan, Any chance you could sticky this for a week or two? I really believe Refresh just might save JA if enough people TRY...
 razorace
01-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Prime
I thought XMod2 was supposed to resuscitate the competative community. Has this not happened?

I'm guessing it hasn't. On all the file servers I've seen, xmod downloads seem to have gone down every release.

Personally, I think the issue involves the game simply not being deep enough to keep people playing. Cvaring the hell out of the game and adding emots or admin commands isn't really going to help that. We need to get together and add more depth to the game.
 gotcha8903
01-07-2004, 12:44 AM
I'm guessing it hasn't. On all the file servers I've seen, xmod downloads seem to have gone down every release.

im guessing most people are getting the d/l from the official xmod site, thats where the links ive seen point to.
 g//plaZma
01-07-2004, 1:51 AM
Originally posted by razorace

Personally, I think the issue involves the game simply not being deep enough to keep people playing. Cvaring the hell out of the game and adding emots or admin commands isn't really going to help that. We need to get together and add more depth to the game.

It did a whole lot for CTF (6 or so teams LOL), but no other game modes. So they shut the JA ladders down on TWL and now everyone's doing their own thing... Like Call of Duty (2nd most active game on the net) since there's a whole lot of teams who play that. There's just no point in JA anymore for some, due to the lack of people actually playing to win.

BTW, Kynes, OSP stands for Orange Smoothie Productions, not orange slushie :) and ahhh... What a great mod OSP was. I'll be suprised if Red Slushie does half as good.
 Prime
01-07-2004, 3:56 AM
Originally posted by g//plaZma
OSP stands for Orange Smoothie Productions, not orange slushie :) But both are very tasty...

Ok, I'm done.
 Darth Kaan
01-07-2004, 4:39 AM
Originally posted by Duty
OMFG 45 people play JA???

I know of 206 that played on my server today alone and a few hundred more on the Chop Shop servers. None of them care about you or your opinions either.

:D :D :D
 Darth Kaan
01-07-2004, 4:44 AM
Originally posted by gotcha8903
im guessing most people are getting the d/l from the official xmod site, thats where the links ive seen point to.

Exactly. My server went from 10 to 20 players a day before xmod to over 200 a day, everyday, since xmod was released. With every update it gets more popular.

How so? By trying to standardize which mods are used with OJP?
That's never going to happen. Sorry RazorAce, your statement is way off base. Cvaring with xmod sure keeps my server full as well as many others. Numbers don't lie.
 razorace
01-07-2004, 7:31 PM
Numbers can be deceptive. Especially when you selectively them to prove points or don't even obtane them scientifically.

If xmod has increased the popularity of your server, that's great. However, all the number's that I've seen have indicated that xmod had not resulted in a huge jump in popularity in downloads or overall players.

I will conceed that it's possible that most people are d/ling directly from the xmod site instead of the other file servers, but there's no way to know without it having a download counter.

How so? By trying to standardize which mods are used with OJP?

Uh, what? OJP doesn't have "standardization" requirements and is basically open source. That concept was only something that discussed early in the OJP concept discussion. However, it should be noted that we will probably get on someone's case if they release stuff publically based on OJP in attempts to be a glory hog or copycat.
Page: 1 of 1