Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Many spawnscripts?

Page: 1 of 1
 |GG|Carl
01-01-2004, 8:59 PM
I just learned to spawn swoops on my map, and then I use :
Spawnscript Mp/siege_desert

But what If I want a x-wing on my map? Then I can't use the same script, or can I?

:confused:
 gotcha8903
01-01-2004, 11:26 PM
yes you can, you just need to change the NPC_type to whatever the name for the x-wing is.
 GothiX
01-02-2004, 9:25 AM
Just the targetname. It doesn't matter if it's an X-Wing, the script looks for a targetname, not an Entity class. So yeah, you can just give your X-Wing a targetname "Swoop1".
 |GG|Carl
01-02-2004, 11:24 AM
So I'll just take a swoop and change it's NPC_type to x-wing? I thought it was more complicated...
 WadeV1589
01-02-2004, 3:20 PM
Everyone always does :rolleyes:
 |GG|Carl
01-02-2004, 6:02 PM
:confused: For some reason JA shuts down when I try to load my map (if I delete the x-wing thing it works).

Why does this happen?

Are you guys really 100% sure about that the only thing I have to do is to copy a swoop, and change it's NPC_type value to "x-wing"? It doesn't work!:(
 gotcha8903
01-03-2004, 1:26 AM
hopefully the tutorial i used will clear up what gothicx said about targetname:

http://www2.ravensoft.com/users/mmajernik/misctuts/respawningvehicles.htm)

it tells you how to make a swoop that respawns after being destryed. all i did to make a mini-tie respawn was to change npc_type from swoop_mp to tie_fightersmall. dont change anything else (well, after its working you may want to mess with the delay and stuff).
 |GG|Carl
01-03-2004, 9:54 AM
Allroght, then I must have the wrong name of the x-wing. Maybe it's called "x_wing" or "xwing" or something...
 Leslie Judge
01-03-2004, 10:12 AM
It is called x-wing. But just go to ext_data/vehicles and check the names. If you haven't got the files extracted then look in the assets1.pk3 for the same.
 |GG|Carl
01-03-2004, 2:21 PM
Allright, I got it to work, a mod called "TheLastHope" was the problem.

Only a quick question; Why does the ships fly away when they spawn?

EDIT: Now I get it, I had placed it "to much above the ground".
Page: 1 of 1