Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The new alternate bespin/bespin_2310ad

Page: 1 of 1
 V.Engineer
01-01-2004, 1:34 PM
The new version of bespin map/Night Bespin 2310ad
This is a must have map for you guys who love bespin but wanted a new fresh look with cool music ,,,its awesome
its now night time and it actually feels like it,,,and more room for duels with another pad added allso some sweet lights.
Ive made this just to have an alteration on the original we have been useing it on are server for a while now and the people who got it from are site all love it so hopefully you guys will

http://www.pcgamemods.com/3657/)

the screenshot looks a little dark but thats cos i messed with them early when on another map

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/4214/shot0004.jpg)

PS:sorry for double topic post,,i was unaware of this showcase forum:D
 ZBomber
01-01-2004, 1:55 PM
I like it. :) Seems very gloomy. Very good job. :)
 Eldritch
01-01-2004, 2:36 PM
Don't like the skybox. How often do you see Nebula from the surface of a planet? That's the type of skybox you use if the location is in the middle of space somewhere.
 V.Engineer
01-01-2004, 2:44 PM
thanx bomber im glad you like it,,thats the exact feeling i wanted people to get from it

and eldrich the reason ive used that sky box is because im makeing a LOT of changes to the map in futer release and its relevent to use that sky box for wot i have install for the map.
 Eldritch
01-01-2004, 2:45 PM
To me though, it just doesn't fit a Bespin setting.
 V.Engineer
01-01-2004, 3:06 PM
well theres gunna be some greater changes very soon hehe;)
 LightNinja
01-01-2004, 3:41 PM
Nice map :)
 ZBomber
01-01-2004, 4:56 PM
I haven't played it yet, but how do you get to the raised platform? :)
 V.Engineer
01-01-2004, 5:02 PM
theres a lift at the bottom but it also can be reached from the other platform with a full force jump
 V.Engineer
01-01-2004, 5:06 PM
edited 2x post
 Eldritch
01-01-2004, 8:11 PM
Originally posted by V.Engineer
well theres gunna be some greater changes very soon hehe;)
Then why call it Bespin at all?

Sorry, I just think a map that has Bespin in its title should look like it's on Bespin.
 V.Engineer
01-01-2004, 8:26 PM
well if you noticed ive changed the date to further more in the futer wich im trying to show how it has changed.Its not ment to look like the bespin as people know, its how it will look (wel might lol) thatsthe whole point
 Neverhoodian
01-01-2004, 9:24 PM
Eldritch, we don't know how Bespin looks at night. We've only seen it during the day and in the evening. (or was it morning?:confused: ) Secondly, just because it's on Bespin doesn't mean it's a part of Cloud City. Maybe it's on Tibannopolis or something. (those who have read the Jedi Academy Trilogy will know what I'm talking about.)
 V.Engineer
01-01-2004, 9:32 PM
thats is wot i am trying to say,,ive released wot no1 has seen before with bespin,,it at night. if no1 has seen it at night how are you certain of how it looks at all.
And ive been to 6 servers with it on since i released it earlyer today and all have stated how good the map looks.

And thanx netherhoodian
 Eldritch
01-03-2004, 2:27 PM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
Eldritch, we don't know how Bespin looks at night. We've only seen it during the day and in the evening. (or was it morning?:confused: ) Secondly, just because it's on Bespin doesn't mean it's a part of Cloud City. Maybe it's on Tibannopolis or something. (those who have read the Jedi Academy Trilogy will know what I'm talking about.)
That's true, but no matter where you are on the planet, chances are the sky will look pretty much the same.

And I know it's sci-fi, but we've seen several planets in the SW universe during night time, and not one had nebula in its sky. That's a "I'm in the middle of space" skybox, not a "I'm on a planet and limited as to what I can see in space by an atmosphere" skybox.

A good skybox helps a map tremendously (look at LDJ's SP version of Bespin), while a poor one detracts from it (as in this case, sorry to say). Just my opinion.
 V.Engineer
01-03-2004, 2:40 PM
and i take all opinions into concideration, as the saying goes you learn from your mistakes.
But when you see wot ive done in the final release you will no why ive used it.And to be honest it isnt actually ment to look like bespin but i thought it would be decent to call it bespin due to the fact its on the basis of the original map
 lauser
01-16-2004, 7:04 PM
Well well...here we have Mr. REVERSE ENGINEER. Can you please make a REAL map and stop your DEcompiling of the DEFAULT maps? I mean you didn't even bother to fix the textures and you submit it to jk2files. Have any of you guys tested this map? It's the same map with a cloned duel pad...colored lights...a new TEXTURE of SKYBOX and an elevator!! Yeah a lot of hard work went into this one. I would be ashamed to submit such a map.
I can do this map in about 30 minutes max!!
You also claim it has been D/L many times at other sites. With textures like that? I find that EXTREMELY hard to believe. So again as I stated on jk2files.....try again.

ELDRITCH...let me know if I'm over stepping my bounds here please. I know you don't moderate here but I'm asking anyhow. :D
Page: 1 of 1