Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

"Hybrid" models

Page: 1 of 1
 Teancum
12-29-2003, 7:10 AM
I was just curious on what program I can use to load up player GLM's and copy/paste stuff. For instance, I'd like to paste Trandoshan hands/head/legs onto the jed_hm body. I'm assuming this can be done with Milkshape or GMax. I know that they have to be weighted in Max, but I figured that if I could get the model done, then send it to someone else to weight, that would work. Can Milkshape or GMax edit the mesh so it can be sent to someon who has 3DSMax to re-weigh it?
 tFighterPilot
12-29-2003, 12:02 PM
I guess so, I see no problem with it.
 Psyk0Sith
12-29-2003, 8:25 PM
As long as you can import the GLM and export to a supported 3d max format: Yes it can be done, you might have to modify the meshes so they fit together.
 SiThLoRd><1000
01-01-2004, 6:33 AM
Sith, your Kel'Dor Soldier model kicked total ass. I just wanted you to know this ;)
 Psyk0Sith
01-02-2004, 5:58 PM
lol thanx ;) glad you like it, it was a great concept so it came out pretty good!
 Azrael666
01-20-2004, 12:43 AM
So what program is needed?

I was wondering if you needed anything other than textpad. In modveiw you can turn certain bodyparts off, and we know the models can be cut up in-game, so since they are bassed on the same skeleton, could i say take a rodian, turn off his own hands and give him the trandoshan's?
Page: 1 of 1