Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Some of my other work!

Page: 1 of 1
 Casperhead
12-29-2003, 1:21 AM
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/291203-Lookatthis.JPG)

Its the resturant from reloaded Of course its boxy. Sorry but the origanal lobby had no curves in it.
 Casperhead
12-29-2003, 1:28 AM
Oh! Oh! And did I forget I have a WIP Chintown alley

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13939.jpg)
 Covax
12-29-2003, 3:54 AM
:cool: Nice... these for SP or MP?
 Lil Killa
12-30-2003, 4:05 AM
The street could use a texture different from the sidewalk one. Also in the second screenshot it appears that the corner of the sidewalk isn't lining up or there are two brushes meeting and only one was cliped.
 lassev
12-30-2003, 2:09 PM
The China town shot looks excellent indeed! Those buildings are succesful in looking like real-life structures. It's always harder to make something look realistic and not like some fantasy setting, I deem (though I have never tried).

However, I don't remember the movies so good, but were the streets concrete or asphalt? I guess it should be same as in the movie, but also reflecting Lil Killa's remark I think asphalt might look good.

The windows look interesting. How did you make them? Do you have some special shader effect on them?
 Casperhead
12-30-2003, 6:27 PM
Originally posted by lassev
The windows look interesting. How did you make them? Do you have some special shader effect on them?

Mapping secret.
 Zappa_0
12-30-2003, 6:44 PM
Looking good Casper, keep up the great work!
 wedge2211
12-30-2003, 8:13 PM
Originally posted by Casperhead
Mapping secret.

When you release it to the public, two seconds of pulling apart the shader file (if the windows are in fact a shader and not just a flat texture) will reveal that 'secret.' Better to be open to the community and help others achieve what you have. My guess is that the windows are a flat texture, not tcGen env or anything fancy like that, since the windows down the street at a 90-degree angle from the ones on the facades of the buildings are identical.

On that note, try taking some glasslike black and white image and add it to the windows with the line "tcGen env" in the shader code...you'll get a cool half-reflective effect when you walk by.

Other than that...looks pretty solid. How extensive is the street layout beyond that one alley? You might also want to play with your lighting a bit...that light spot on the wall doesn't look quite right in conjunction with the beam shader.
 Casperhead
12-30-2003, 8:54 PM
Ehhhnnntt. Wrong awnser! The windows are not a shader. Sorry to say but even you are wrong wedge.
 wedge2211
12-30-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by wedge2211
My guess is that the windows are a flat texture

The rest of my post consisted of a suggestion that you make them into a shader.

So...no "mapping secrets" really after all, huh?
 Neo_Knight
12-31-2003, 9:27 PM
Rofl wedge did a suggestion, I don't see an attack.
 wedge2211
12-31-2003, 9:56 PM
Wow...yeah, what did I do? I just gave you a suggestion, and then clarified the suggestion when you misinterpreted it. No wonder you can't ever recieve or produce constructive criticism...
 ZBomber
12-31-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Casperhead
Get out you map review scumbag.

:confused: Simmer down there, buddy.
Page: 1 of 1