Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor Mod Utility: the savegame editor

Page: 2 of 2
 eidospsogos
01-03-2004, 8:55 PM
hey, devan how's the editing of the party characters part of the program going? any luck there as of yet?
 The Devanstator
01-04-2004, 2:58 AM
Yes, actually. I have been able to mod the party members. The tough part is trying to figure out who's who and how to always mod the right character without having to enter their feats (that would be a real pain). So I'm still working on that.

Anyway, I think I've finally taken care of all those 'exceptions'. Because the character's data appears any number of times in a save file, there have been repeated problems finding the right ones to change. At first I thought there was only one, then I thought it was the last one, then I thought it was the first one. Now with Vecdran's submission of his save file I've found that there really isn't any rule at all, so I re-wrote kmu to change them all. Also, after the question about Dantooine, "loading" will appear followed by some number of dots. The dots show the number of possible locations in your particular save file, and only one of them is the right place. Since it is now changing them all, kmu should now work for every save file out there. However, this also means that it has to do a lot more crawling through the files to find values so be prepared for significantly longer load times (I'm working on that). For those of you who have no problem with version 1.2, you might want to keep it for a while longer because it's quicker. For everyone else, kmu version 1.3 is now available at both of the sites. Thank you for all the bug reports and file submissions.
 Keved
08-16-2004, 12:46 PM
could someone e-mail me the editor please im not having any luck with either website listed. thanks
 Darth333
08-16-2004, 1:39 PM
This editor is a little outdated now and complicated to use. Check for KSE: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123671)
 StormTrooper789
08-18-2004, 8:27 AM
What's with us and reviving VERY old threads?! :confused:
Page: 2 of 2