Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

And now my Fan Film: Star Wars: The Planet with no Name

Page: 1 of 1
 Covax
12-19-2003, 11:58 PM
Hey guys. Not sure if anyone cares, but I figue I've got a bit of infamy from the Dragon Remix and WB Academy mods so some of ya may be interested in a Star Wars Fanfilm I helped produce. It's called Star Wars: The Planet with No Name and it's online here:

http://wbm.zenutech.com/SWPlanet.html)

I helped direct the fight choreography, and I'm the guy behind the desk :)

I just want to guage interest if anyone would like to help me make a JKA mod as a sequel.
 Zappa_0
12-20-2003, 10:27 PM
Hey cool man...im downloading it now. Are you gonna submit it to TFN? I also make movies from JO and JA, maybe one day I will do a fan film like you, I would really love to do one. From the pictures on the site it looks to be a good movie.

OK, I have finished watching it. Fight scenes were very well done. I would concider toning the music down in some parts where there are dialog. And this was the first time I have ever even though of 3 Doors Down- Superman being used for a Saber duel. Hey it worked out great. The special effects was good, I liked the camera shots. I hope you do submit it to TFN, for more ppl to view it. I also would like to see more movies made by you all in the future, you defentally have alot of talent. I give the film a 9 out of 10.
 Zappa_0
12-30-2003, 2:51 AM
You know its pretty sad that no one else here has posted anything else about your fan film Covax. I just want to let you know Jedi-Outcast Movies and I support you for the efforts that you have put into this project. I for one liked your movie, it goes up there with the others. Good job friend!
 Lil Killa
12-30-2003, 4:52 AM
I am typing this as I see certain parts of the film... I just watched the first fight scene where the dude with the beard and the sith guys fight. I though the weapons were cools (especialy the three blade thingy) but the people fighting didn't look much like they were fighting in a life or death situation. Instead it looked like they were doing a series of planed moves (which is what all movie fights are) that looked fake in the way the were performed. Ussualy when I am trying to beat the sh*t out of someone I don't have a blank expression on my face and I'm probably not going to lightly wave my saber around.

Another thing was in the scene were the two fighter go to the stream thing you can see the green sbarers blade bending. I don't know about you but I don't think a blade of pure enrgy is going to be bending while being held still...

OK I just watched the second fight and it was a little better but the gun could have used some work. I did like how when the big green laser blasts hit the asian/mexican (whatever) guy's saber how it went back a bit from the force of the hit (seemed more realistic) but when the sith was shooting that cannon of a gun (pistal thing) there should have been something more happening to the saber then a simple bounce off the blade. Anothier thing I noticed was the sith guy's pointless roles. It looked to me that he was wearing himself out more than anything in the way they were performed. Another thing was when the two were fighting it looked as though they were "placing" their sabers. By ths I mean that they seemed to lay one saber on the other instead of hiting it.

Ah the third drop... The begining was kind of funney when the sith slaped the jedi after he looses his saber. When the jedi hits the railing though.. that could have used some work as it looked a little too fake IMO. Also he he slams his head onto something like that he should have some sort of mark tos how for it.

I did however like the roof part except for when the jedi kicks the sith as it looks like the sith throws up... Also the death sequence looked a bit fake... Maybe a neck breaking head twist or something would have fit better... That was one of the better fight IMO from the other ones.

And the last fight... When the jedi turn around and notice the sith behind them, I think that the guy in the center (unhooded) could have used something to look less like a chapline(sp?). Again the saber fight could use a bit more power as they look a little too planned out and un natural.

Overall the film was pretty good considering it was a fan film. I know I was a bit critical on some things but Since you had a part in the film I feel you could could maybe use some of this to help with future fight choreography :D
 wedge2211
12-30-2003, 2:12 PM
LK: Chaplain. :)

I liked the third fight least of all...it just didn't really do it for me. The other fight sequences seemed a little too slow, but were certainly excellent for a fan film! I loved the amount of special effects you were able to include without full access to the ILM facilities. :D

However...I would've appreciated a more engaging plot...other than a straight-out-of-a-computer-game three guys, three "boss" villains, good must kill bad sort of deal. For that sort of a plot...it was a tad long. Still...kudos to your team, man!
 lassev
12-30-2003, 2:46 PM
Yes, I think it was a great fan film. The saber battles were technically (and also otherwise) speaking very good, as far as I can judge such things. The plot wasn't some complicated, but I think it was certainly intensive enough, and the was some purpose all the time behind the action.

However, I didn't like the SmackDown rooftop fighting. I was all the time expecting the fighters to use some force powers like grip or lighting, but they just fought like some dudes from a local bar.

My opinion of the last battle is quite diveded. First of all, there were some truly good shots like when the jedi kicked the saber out of the cultist's hand and then stabbed him. However, in general there were too many cultists. And most of all, the thing I liked the least: the cultists were just too lousy. C'mon, there were more than ten of them and three jedi and they didn't even scratch the jedi. I think the movie had been better if one of the jedi had died (if I had been acting there, I would have volunteered to die for the sake of the movie).

Oh, the cameraman surely knew what he was doing!
 Covax
01-04-2004, 4:48 PM
Heh thanks guys. In case anyone was wondering I was the guy behind the desk. :cool:

About the Plot: Funny thing about the story... yea see the guys asked me to write the story AFTER all the fight scenes were filmed. No I didn't think it made sense either... so I stuck with an X-Files-ish intro and extro, to accent the game/anime aspect.

About the Roof Fight: We kinda went with this to be 'controversial' like Kill Bill, but for most this is the weakest bit. What can you do...

About the Cultists: The idea was that the first three were the ‘bosses’ whereas the 9 guys at the end were just low-end cultists, like the equivalent of the first-level Reborns. The Jedi Shadows were basically massacring them.

In case you didn't know you can find more fan films over at http://www.theforce.net/theater/)
 Covax
01-07-2004, 11:47 AM
A medium quality Quicktime version is out:

http://wbm.zenutech.com/Public/PwNN_Medium2.mov)

If you have downloaded and successfully viewed either of the WM9 versions, there is NO point downloading Quicktime - it was compressed from the HQ WM9. We have compensated for this, and in a week or two there will be a "full-resolution" Sorenson 3 Quicktime version of PwNN available. It will also be about 120 MB, but will be in stereo sound.
 Mex
01-08-2004, 6:42 PM
Just downloading it now, the 120mb version. :) Seems good!
Page: 1 of 1