Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Multiple ideas: Enhanced JO support and GUI additions

Page: 1 of 1
 Teancum
12-04-2003, 8:25 AM
I have recently 'converted' to JA and JO from the original JK, and therefore have basically skipped JO altogether. I am playing the JO maps in JA, but there's a few of the simple bugs that drive me nuts. First, you can't select the Kyle model without getting all his attributes, plus when you load a savegame you have to re-load the Kyle model, because he's not textured. What would it take to fix that (I'm most willing to learn after 6 years playing/2 editing JK) and would it be something that should be submitted to OJP?

And secondly, some GUI stuff. I'd really like to see an advanced tab that has things like dismemberment, saber locking, etc set up in GUI for SP. And in multi, the ability to have different 'setups' under one name. Sometimes I like to use dark powers and a JA SP model, sometimes I use the Jawa and different force. So I'm just saying under profile, you have your name (mine's [Mi]Te'ancum -- pronounced Tay-on-cyum for those with sick minds :rolleyes: ) And I'd like different skin setups like "Morgan Katarn -- Light force" and "Jaden 1--Dark Force" --The old JK had that...I miss it.

Anyhow, I'd like to contribute too. But I'll need some coaching.
 Marker0077
12-04-2003, 2:47 PM
Originally posted by Teancum
I have recently 'converted' to JA and JO from the original JK, and therefore have basically skipped JO altogether. I am playing the JO maps in JA, but there's a few of the simple bugs that drive me nuts. First, you can't select the Kyle model without getting all his attributes, plus when you load a savegame you have to re-load the Kyle model, because he's not textured. What would it take to fix that (I'm most willing to learn after 6 years playing/2 editing JK) and would it be something that should be submitted to OJP?First off, if kyle is coming up untextured at any time, you're doing something really wrong or someone else is with their mod. Adding textures is one thing, it sounds like something is getting replaced, which should never be done.

I already have plans for a JK2 for JK3 asset pack, the skins & player sounds for the most part will be in Skins Pack A but the maps & various other textures will be in an assets pack.

I am planning on doing JK2 version of all of these JK3 mods, however, I wasn't originally planning on doing this JK3 to JK2 assets pack as well but I think I can arrange it.

Unfortunately, that won't be for some time. Getting Skins Pack A & the main CM package out there is my #1 priority & Skins Pack A, while is mostly done, will still take a bit of time to finish. I had a due date for the end of this month, realistically I don't see it happening until the beginning of February.
 razorace
12-04-2003, 8:33 PM
Originally posted by Teancum
I have recently 'converted' to JA and JO from the original JK, and therefore have basically skipped JO altogether. I am playing the JO maps in JA, but there's a few of the simple bugs that drive me nuts. First, you can't select the Kyle model without getting all his attributes, plus when you load a savegame you have to re-load the Kyle model, because he's not textured. What would it take to fix that (I'm most willing to learn after 6 years playing/2 editing JK) and would it be something that should be submitted to OJP?

And secondly, some GUI stuff. I'd really like to see an advanced tab that has things like dismemberment, saber locking, etc set up in GUI for SP. And in multi, the ability to have different 'setups' under one name. Sometimes I like to use dark powers and a JA SP model, sometimes I use the Jawa and different force. So I'm just saying under profile, you have your name (mine's [Mi]Te'ancum -- pronounced Tay-on-cyum for those with sick minds :rolleyes: ) And I'd like different skin setups like "Morgan Katarn -- Light force" and "Jaden 1--Dark Force" --The old JK had that...I miss it.

Anyhow, I'd like to contribute too. But I'll need some coaching.

I've already added a dismemberment setting for SP for OJP, but feel free to add additional options for OJP. Just remember to grab the lastest menu file sources for OJP before you start.
Page: 1 of 1