Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Enhanced Brainstorming: Melee Combat

Page: 1 of 1
 razorace
12-04-2003, 3:36 AM
Ok, this is what I've gotten done so far:

- All Players in all gametypes have melee combat (WP_MELEE) by default.

Melee Mode:
-----------
Primary Fire - Punches
Secondary Fire - Kicks
Primary + Secondary - Grapple Moves
= Default: Head Lock
= +Forward: Punching Grapple
= +Backward: Kneeing Grapple

- You can now use the select saber button to quickly toggle between an ignited saber and melee mode. You can go back to the traditional system (where that same command toggles the saber on/off by setting cg_sabermelee to 0). Please note that you can also use /togglesaber to toggle the saber on/off reguardless of your cg_sabermelee setting.

- Added in headlock (BOTH_KYLE_PA_3). Just don't press forward or backward while attempting a grapple to try a headlock.
- Defender now comes out of the kneeing grapple facing in the correct direction.
- Defender now plays get up animation (BOTH_GETUP3) instead of snapping at the end of a kneeing grapple.
- Fixed the grapple body positioning.
 Pnut_Man
12-04-2003, 9:16 AM
I'm thinking we can use some of the saber-style key commands for melee.

For example, if you did crouch + walk forward + attack in melee, you'd do some special attack.

Blocking also seems plausible. It's a bit crazy if you have two guys just punching each other, both receiving and doing damage at the same time.
 razorace
12-04-2003, 8:40 PM
Hmm, blocking is an interesting idea but I'm not sure it's nessicary or that we have the needed animations.
Page: 1 of 1