Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ripping DOTT + S&M Backgrounds?

Page: 1 of 1
 Sanspoof
11-28-2003, 6:28 PM
Hallo to you! I'm new to tese forums, and, um, I'd like to put pictrues of the DOTT sprites I swiped from Costume Stripper on a background of the house. Is there any software to rip backgrounds of DOTT? I had something like this before, but it's been years since I last used it so I can't remember a thing. Help!
 Alien426
11-28-2003, 10:08 PM
I guess you mean Scumm Revisited. You'll have to search a bit to find a download, though. I already did, but found nothing.

If you want to take screenshots from any game on a PC I recommend Fraps (http://www.fraps.com).
 Tomas
11-29-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Alien426
I guess you mean Scumm Revisited. You'll have to search a bit to find a download, though. I already did, but found nothing.

You might want to take a look at LucasHacks! main page (http://scumm.mixnmojo.com).
 Sanspoof
11-29-2003, 11:01 AM
how do I use ScummREV to get backgrounds?
 Tomas
11-29-2003, 12:10 PM
SCUMMRev comes with an extremely comprehensive help file. Why not use it?
 Serge
12-02-2003, 3:05 PM
That helpfile sucks. It's misguiding, poorly written, and outdated even for the outdated program it accompanies. :)

But be grateful. Next time it won't even be there, hopefully

- Serge
 Sanspoof
12-04-2003, 5:55 PM
Yeah, the help file is crap. But I thought that there was a program which was kinda like Costume Stripper but for backgrounds, so that you could take away or add objects, and make doors look open and closed. I had it before, but I can't remember what it was called. I tried asking Michael Nusair (The guy who does the no-longer updated comic strip, Day After Day of the Tentacle) from www.members.rogers.com/mnusair/) but he didn't reply.
 Tomas
12-04-2003, 7:38 PM
Umm, I really wouldn't call that helpfile "crap". It does tell you how to rip background images after all... ;) And I think that the program you refer to as the one where "you could take away or add objects, and make doors look open and closed" is SCUMM16. I'll upload it to http://scumm.mixnmojo.com/scumm2d.zip) in a minute for you to download, so check that url.
 Serge
12-05-2003, 3:00 PM
Damn. Didn't really hope that someone would agree with me on the helpfile issue. Oh well ;)

I guess a helpfile (more normal user oriented) for the next thingy would be quite necessary judging from this forum.

- Serge
 Sanspoof
12-05-2003, 6:05 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaah, it all becomes clear now! Thanks!
 Ender
12-05-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Serge
I guess a helpfile (more normal user oriented) for the next thingy would be quite necessary judging from this forum.

- Serge

Thingy? What's this, so we can work on doing it first? *g*
 bgbennyboy
12-06-2003, 8:47 AM
You already are ;)
 KeibakAruu
12-06-2003, 3:03 PM
Has anyone got a compiled version of SCUMM16 for windows that doesnt crash due to a bug in the allegro dll?

I have it and the source, but everytime I use it it crashes on me.

I heard its the only SCUMM program that views Zak256 room files without a problem.

Can anyone help?

KA
 Sanspoof
12-07-2003, 2:32 PM
 KeibakAruu
12-07-2003, 3:30 PM
oh wow!!!! I thought that was the dos version.

I cant believe it! It finally works!!! Who recompiled it? I have been trying to make this prog work for the longest time!

Thanks for clearing that for me Sanspoof.

KA
 Serge
12-08-2003, 4:49 PM
Ender: as bg said, you already are. :)

The next thingy was SCUMMRev 5, which may come out or not. Far from done, though, and probably never will be. At least, while it's christmas and exam time, it's sleeping.

- Serge
 Ender
12-11-2003, 9:17 AM
Originally posted by Serge
Ender: as bg said, you already are. :)

The next thingy was SCUMMRev 5, which may come out or not. Far from done, though, and probably never will be. At least, while it's christmas and exam time, it's sleeping.

- Serge

Cool :)
ScummEX needs a lot more work heh. But I think I'm going to go back to spending some time on ScummVM and Residual first.
 KeibakAruu
12-11-2003, 3:39 PM
Whats SCUMMEX?
Page: 1 of 1