Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fairly easy question... I hope

Page: 1 of 1
 Andur_Sunrider
11-27-2003, 3:57 PM
Hey everyone, I was hoping someone could tell me how or where to find the heavy blater, the one thats on a stand and you have to hit use in order to use it. Has something like infinte ammo. I know thats a poor description best I can come up with, or the cannon type things in KOTOR Flight School. If someone could tell me where that is it would be great. Thanks all...
 idontlikegeorge
11-28-2003, 3:48 AM
It's an entity, emplaced_eweb
...as far as getting it manned, well, unless some classes default AI will use it (I doubt it), it requires scripting... I know there is a good explanation of scripting it, for JO atleast, with the gun turrets.
 Andur_Sunrider
11-28-2003, 1:22 PM
thanks George. I guess I should start posting when I say I figured it out. What I was looking for was emplaced_gun. I had to open up the hoth_seige map to figure it out though.
 shukrallah
11-29-2003, 7:44 PM
George, where is that tutorial? Id like to know, because i tried to get an NPC to get on that gun, and shoot, but it never worked (from the first level of JK2 SP, the one you destroy the door with, cant remember whats it called)
 lassev
11-29-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
George, where is that tutorial? Id like to know, because i tried to get an NPC to get on that gun, and shoot, but it never worked (from the first level of JK2 SP, the one you destroy the door with, cant remember whats it called)

You need to do nothing but give the gun a targetname (and the NPC an NPC_targetname). Then for the NPC you want to use the gun, write a script:

Affect("stormtrooperBob")
{
use("MightyGun")
}

Naturally you must locate the NPC next to the gun in Radiant, otherwise he might not find it. Dunno if all the classes know how to use the piece, but I imagine pretty many can.
 shukrallah
11-29-2003, 10:06 PM
ah, i didnt know NPCs could "use" things, thats something ill have to play around with. Thanks lassev :whtsmile:
Page: 1 of 1