Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

All of my textures white....

Page: 1 of 1
 Whitey
11-25-2003, 5:33 PM
All I did was reinstall GTKRadiant and now all my textures are white....
 Kengo
11-25-2003, 6:28 PM
Happened to me too...

Er, I think its because the referencers in the settings for GTK are looking in the wrong place for those textures, you need to configure it some more. That's what I think the problem was, anyway. Possibly...
 Whitey
11-25-2003, 6:41 PM
Could you be a little more pacifc? I looked in the settings but there was no path for textures...

Umm and.. In the JA Base folder there is a texture folder... and it's empty besides a folder named hoth that has a single .pcx file in it..
 Kengo
11-25-2003, 7:03 PM
I just noted the slight irony relating to your name but...enough of that.

Sorry, I was rather vague. I can't remember exactly how I fixed it you see. You know the stuff you have to configure when you actually install GTK, the directories the games you want to edit can be found in and such, I believe I re-installed and entered those differently, I had a slight problem with what I had entered before I think.

Don't worry about that textures folder, the textures are in one of the assets.pks. You can put custom tectures you want to use in maps you are building there, before transfering them to the map release pk3.
 Whitey
11-25-2003, 7:12 PM
Well, when I re-intalled it the first time I didn't change any paths... so..

Plus, when I select textures, for an example, bespin, it knows the textures are there.. but they are just white...

P.S, no, I don't have the wrong texture view settings
 Whitey
11-25-2003, 7:38 PM
yay, I fixed it, I think it was the texture compression...
 Kengo
11-25-2003, 8:15 PM
Good on ya! I do remember the exact same damn problem, sorry I couldn't be more helpful remembering HOW I actually stumbled across the solution before. GTK still feels a bit....unknown.
Page: 1 of 1