Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

BSP Monitoring problem

Page: 1 of 1
 wannadie
11-24-2003, 9:22 PM
I did a search for this, "BSP" was under the 4 letter limit, "Monitoring" found nothing.

When I compile, I get that stupid "bsp process timed out" box which stops GTK from compiling. So I turn off "bsp monitoring" in the preferences menu, recompile & jacksh!t happens! It doesn't compile at all, instead I get this message:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

D:\GAMES\Jedi Academy\GameData\base\maps> "D:/SOFTWARE/GTKRADIANT-1.3/q3map2" -v
-game ja -fs_basepath "D:/GAMES/Jedi Academy/GameData/" -meta "D:/GAMES/Jedi A
cademy/GameData/base/maps/last.map" >"D:/SOFTWARE/GTKRADIANT-1.3/junk.txt"
Bad command or file name

D:\GAMES\Jedi Academy\GameData\base\maps> "D:/SOFTWARE/GTKRADIANT-1.3/q3map2"
-game ja -fs_basepath "D:/GAMES/Jedi Academy/GameData/" -vis -saveprt "D:/GAMES/
Jedi Academy/GameData/base/maps/last.map" >>"D:/SOFTWARE/GTKRADIANT-1.3/junk.tx
t"
Bad command or file name

D:\GAMES\Jedi Academy\GameData\base\maps> "D:/SOFTWARE/GTKRADIANT-1.3/q3map2" -
v -game ja -fs_basepath "D:/GAMES/Jedi Academy/GameData/" -light -fast -filter
"D:/GAMES/Jedi Academy/GameData/base/maps/last.map" >>"D:/SOFTWARE/GTKRADIANT-1.
3/junk.txt"
Bad command or file name

D:\GAMES\Jedi Academy\GameData\base\maps>

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

So with bsp monitoring on, it just times out without completing the whole process, & with bsp monitoring off, it doesn't compile at all.How do you get around this?

I'm using GTK 1.3.12.

Another problem, I can walk through 3 of my walls & into the void in my SP map. How do you fix this?
 Quall
11-25-2003, 12:09 PM
When i get that message, i ussually just leave it going. Even though it said timed out, it still went and finished after a while.

Try making anything you can that is not structural, a detail brush (ie benches, wall detail, brush made light bulbsm anything that is not a wall). It may help with compiling times.

As for walking through walls, make sure your not using a shader that that makes it non solid, or make sure your brush is solid. Maybe someone will have a better answer, but from my experiances, this is all i got.
 fahtajorj
11-25-2003, 3:05 PM
i think if you only have one side of a brush textured and the others covered in caulk_nonsolid or nodraw the brush will be nonsolid. so check and see if its that and also check out what wannadie said.
 gotcha8903
12-12-2003, 9:52 PM
i get the same bsp monitoring trouble, except the compile process will not finish by itself, and closes a short time after. strangely, when i do the compile processes one at a time (meta, vis, light) it works just fine.
Page: 1 of 1