Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Screenies of Anoat

Page: 1 of 1
 michael_collins
11-22-2003, 5:13 PM
Holy Mary mother of God........

Those are damn sweet man......big big improvement over the secret base, i can damn near smelllllll that level.
 Lundquist
11-22-2003, 5:31 PM
seriously! those look damn good.
 Neverhoodian
11-23-2003, 5:05 AM
Those shots stink.

j/k, no they don't, but they certainly convey the feeling of the stench of the sewers. Just add the dianoga (*shudder*) and the environment will be spot-on.
 FatSpider
11-23-2003, 5:06 AM
I can't wait to show you guys what I have lined up for the Detention Center. :)
 Jedi Luke
11-23-2003, 9:42 AM
I cant wait either :D:D
 SlicerDude
11-23-2003, 11:22 PM
That looks great! I can't wait to see the detention center. You could at least show us a little of it now...

I wonder if anyone's been assigned Moff Rebus or the dianoga-I don't remember ever reading anything about them other than "can we do the dianoga with JA?" I can't wait to see what the dianoga looks like-but then again, maybe we don't need it. I can almost see one looking at those screenshots.;)
 FatSpider
11-25-2003, 11:31 AM
I spent a lot of early work on the detention center but then got reasigned to the Sewer level. I have the begining and part of the insides done. I think the terrain looks ok I might want to redo it at some point to get to standards that JA holds. I'll have screen shots of that in about two months or so, once I get the Sewers level on the go.
 Jedi Luke
11-26-2003, 4:11 AM
Sounds good :)
 The Count
11-28-2003, 4:52 PM
They look really nice but they are a bit dark.
 Fracman
11-28-2003, 9:22 PM
We may tune up the light a bit, but these are sewers, so no need for much light :cool:
 Jedi Luke
11-28-2003, 10:20 PM
Yeah they are sewers so definately no need for much light. Especially down lower in the depths of the sewers where there's almost complete darkness in the original dark forces. There'll probably be just enough light in these areas to get through 'em.
 SlicerDude
11-29-2003, 1:19 AM
A bit dark? When I saw the shots, I thought they were too light. Then I remembered that we don't have a headlamp right now, so a bit of extra light makes sense. Also, it just looked so good that I didn't spend much time worrying about the light level. But really, go back and play the level in DF, and go down below with the light off. It is dark down there.

Then again, if you're talking about the courtyard area, I did think it should be brighter there. Almost blinding relative to the darkness down under.

Keep up the good work!
 The_One
11-29-2003, 4:45 PM
I actually increased the brightness and contrast of the screenshots a bit, so bear that in mind.

Also, there are brightness settings in JA, as well as for your graphics card ;)
 FatSpider
12-02-2003, 2:42 AM
Ok I don't really live in darkness. I'll make sure the level is well lit "for sewers." So far I've seen a greater constrast between the screen shots I take what turns out in the .jpeg's. I'm just glad The_One was able to give them a little tweek for better appearence. I'm taking whole highend reshots of the whole thing soon, plus a few new areas. :)
 Fracman
12-03-2003, 8:31 PM
FatSpider, the JPEG format tends to smoothen vertical edges and blur colors.
Use PNG instead, this give a fair compression with much less or no quality loss at all.
In the days of broadband flatrates, an screenshot of a few 100k should be affordable though.
 FatSpider
12-04-2003, 2:22 AM
I was going to take the new shots with all of my video card option turned to max, not the rezolution itself. Sorry my bad.
 Fracman
12-06-2003, 8:55 AM
You better do use max GFX settings :p
JO/JA saves screenshots automatically in JPEG format with about 15% compression. Therefore you can't get better results by converting these to PNG.
Unless you want to take screenshots using ALT+PRINT and paste in your GFX editing tool all the time ...
 _PerfectAgent_
12-14-2003, 6:15 PM
You could bind a key to screenshot_tga. That'll make a screenshot and save it in .tga format.
Page: 1 of 1