Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

noooby question...

Page: 1 of 1
 fattysbox
11-18-2003, 3:20 PM
Sorry for the noob post,

But can anyone tell me a good tutorial on making curves for everything (hallways, floors, patch meshes, etc.) for GTKradiant(13).

Tried the Rich Diesel stuff - good but you can only go so far...

Thanks in advance,

J
 Lil Killa
11-18-2003, 8:47 PM
Bubba's Arena Tutorials (http://www.planetquake.com/bubba/tutorial.html) has a few but the best way to learn is by playing around with patches... If you posted here what you wanted to make me or someone else could tell you how to create it.
 fattysbox
11-18-2003, 9:23 PM
Yeah, you are absolutely right. The best way to learn is to just do it. I have been making some progress, but endcaps are giving me troubles.

Basically I have a curve that I modified with vertex to fit a certain space, however I cannot match the endcaps to close the gaps...

Should I add the endcaps with the curve and then modify its shape?
 Lil Killa
11-18-2003, 9:28 PM
You mean the carved part of the cap isn't matching the curved part of the patch or the cap just isn't lining up with the grid like a cap on a normal patch would do?

If it's the forst one then your going to either have to edit the currentr cap or make one with a patch.

If it's the second then add brushes to fit in the blank spots.
 yangyan
11-19-2003, 7:30 AM
look them up in google!
Page: 1 of 1