Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

question

Page: 1 of 1
 Samuel Dravis
11-15-2003, 4:48 AM
I heard that Fracman is working on a visual .menu file editor for JA. I was going to do the same thing for the OJP mod (check sig for link), but if you're going to release it to the public, I don't want to waste the time. Are you going to?
 Fracman
11-15-2003, 8:46 AM
Thx for the link.
Yes, its true, I'm working on a menu editor, using Visual Basic and OpenGL for the preview (yes that works!).
Sometimes I wish I had done it in Visual C++, but I'm not very fine how to create GUIs there :rolleyes:

I'm not ready to release it to the public right now because you all would only want to modify the JA menus instead of creating your own new menus :D

Unfortunately exactly that part (loading and saving JO/JA menu files) is only working partially yet because it simply takes ages to implement all the menu features and to check them :o

So be programming faster than me or simpy please be patient :p
 Samuel Dravis
11-15-2003, 2:55 PM
OK, thanks. :)

You know, you could just concentrate on the loading & displaying of the menu files; that way people could still use it to see what their menu looks like without starting JA.
 razorace
11-15-2003, 6:06 PM
You know, you guys could try working together on this.
 Samuel Dravis
11-15-2003, 7:07 PM
Razorace knows what he's talking about! :D (old joke)

Perhaps. I only know VB right now, so I could only help with the preview. If you want me, I'd be happy to help.
 Fracman
11-15-2003, 7:23 PM
If you know VB you could help me with everything, not only with the preview :)
 Samuel Dravis
11-15-2003, 8:05 PM
Sorry, I misread your post. I thought that you were going to make a demo of it in VB, then port it over to C++. Turned out good though. :)

So, whenever you have something for me, just PM me, and I'll see what I can do.
 Fracman
11-15-2003, 8:17 PM
We still could port it to VC++ after all :D
Page: 1 of 1